Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Turner's unsportsmanlike

5,760 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TAMUallen
Captain Awesome
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Honestly, it didn't bother me. Watching Nussmieir flop showed me who he was. Our fight after that play was at another level. I don't like cheap shots, but our defense turned it up after that.
Jesus loves tacos!
HJack20
AG
He flopped but it was still a dumb penalty. If there wasn't PI on the play as well, it would've been MUCH more costly.
hindsight
Penalties are the bane of this team. I hesitate to say we're undisciplined, but +100 yds in penalties is borderline.

Turner is far too temperamental. This goes back to him throwing a punch / getting ejected last year vs. Ol Miss. He even grabbed the junk of one of LSU's players on the final pick. Teams are going to bait him.

And as far as Nussmieir flopping - that's smart football.

I love what this team has done, but am concerned that undisciplined play will cost us in one these remaining roadies....
Muy
AG
That is the least of my worries. I have no doubt LSU talks non-stop **** and take cheap shots everytime they can. Would rather have dogs who love knocking the **** out of opponents than be the nice classy guys getting pushed around.
TAMUallen
AG
We need killers on defense. It was a flop. Completely fine.
Quad Dog
AG
Every QB ever should take a dive after a late hit like that, especially when you come up short of the the first down.
merch
I wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended as well. Not for the hit but for pre game stuff.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What started the pre-game stuff?

And Nussmeier smiling like Eddie Haskell after that penalty tells you everything you need to know about him.
wink1989
AG
We fiddn' to go 80's Miami on these fools!
AnScAggie
AG
IMO calling the penalty on Turner is fine, if and only if you call the penalty on their defensive back who slammed Thomas to the ground.
LuoJi
Clear penalty, stupid move, and I'm sure Elko will beat that ass. And your AB should flip and draw the flag every single time.
uneedastraw
It was around that time that the defense went to another level. They decided to go elite level, throw caution to the wind and show the LSU offense that they were about to get whipped on every play. LSU folded when the A&M players turned up the intensity. It has historically been the opposite so even though it has negative connotations, it was necessary in that moment..
tk111
AG
hindsight said:

This isn't panzy ass soccer. Gtfo here with that pathetic trash.
ElephantRider
AG
Nussmeier instigated it then flopped.
Stone44
AG
When you're playing trash like LSU you have to expect this classless behavior. You can't expect SEC officials to do anything correctly. Turner is not gonna take any **** from anybody and nor should he. When the ****** bag quarterback was smirking after he flopped and drew the personal foul he lost it. Getting angry really hurts you because you forget your assignments and want to destroy the jerk. Fortunately it worked out great, the loser threw three interceptions and we crushed them. I'm sure Shemar will not make the same mistake again. Now on to South Carolina and let's eat some fried chicken.
Eliminatus
AG
tk111 said:

hindsight said:

Still smart. Pansy ass or not. Turner got baited hard and he fell for it. And now teams know.
TAMUallen
AG
Conversely, he knows to not be sucked into it now
Eliminatus
AG
TAMUallen said:

Conversely, he knows to not be sucked into it now

I sure hope so! Fingers crossed.
Deputy Travis Junior
Turner shouldn't have done it, but nuss was clearly trying to bait him. Nuss got 6" from Turner, screamed in his face, and then flopped after he got the reaction he clearly was hoping to get.

Turner now knows he needs to be on the lookout for that BS.
spherical
AG
AnScAggie said:

IMO calling the penalty on Turner is fine, if and only if you call the penalty on their defensive back who slammed Thomas to the ground.

Someone in another thread was saying that driving the player to the ground isn't a thing in college
Heineken-Ashi
spherical said:

AnScAggie said:

Someone in another thread was saying that driving the player to the ground isn't a thing in college
I've absolutely seen flags many times for PICKING A PLAYER UP and then slamming him back down.
bam02
AG
Nothing good about it. Selfish and stupid.
Aggie Dad 26
He's got that fight in him. That type of instinct works in your favor 90% of the time. You just have to hope the 10% doesn't happen in a game deciding moment and it never has with hin
TAZ99
AG
What's so pathetic about the no call on the body slam tackle is the guy standing there ignoring it is the same official who called the so called crackback block, from the back of the endzone.
Captain Awesome
bam02 said:

Nothing good about it. Selfish and stupid.

Except for the defense started playing like their hair was on fire.

I understand what your saying. If it would have been late in the 4th, I would feel different. When my boys were growing up, I never encouraged them to fight. I only told them that sometimes It's the necessary answer. You just have to be at peace with the consequences. I felt the same way Saturday.
Jesus loves tacos!
vansprinkle
AG
AnScAggie said:

Or when Reed almost had his helmet ripped off after the play late in the game.
KCup17
AG
The pregame stuff was most likely due to LSU Defense talking trash on Twitter prior to the game. Reed-Adams and Swinton were going back and forth during the week. Shemar don't take ish from anyone so he was probably standing up for Adams when the altercation went down pregame.

Shemar plays with passion. The uppercut to the nads last season to the OM OL still makes me laugh. The OL had it coming.
harge57
AG
Unfortunately Turner has long history of this nonsense. He needs a wake up call.
PeekingDuck
AG
**** em.
NumberEinAg
AG
Exactly!
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
hindsight said:

Penalties are the bane of this team. I hesitate to say we're undisciplined, but +100 yds in penalties is borderline.

Turner is far too temperamental. This goes back to him throwing a punch / getting ejected last year vs. Ol Miss. He even grabbed the junk of one of LSU's players on the final pick. Teams are going to bait him.

I love what this team has done, but am concerned that undisciplined play will cost us in one these remaining roadies....
Temperamental? Nope. Hell no. Ever see a coach draw a technical foul to get his team motivated? That's what Turner did to get the Defense jump started and I love him (no homo).
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
tk111 said:

hindsight said:

Amen brother. This new army comments are/is soft.
TAMUallen
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

tk111 said:

hindsight said:

Amen brother. This new army comments are/is soft.

But hindsight is a 1999 texags member...

That means old army is soft
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.