Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

LSU reality check

2,606 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Demo_Slug
OMB100GAS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. LSU is overrated
2. CW is underrated
3. Elmo is a game manager

LSU is a one-dimensional team that got saved by zebras at SC. Check the stats, rushing numbers are not only very low in terms of production, but they really only utilize one back AND nuss cant run. Despite a very talented WR room, the QB numbers are mid. A lot of yards, but also a lot of attempts plus 6 INTs. Elmo will scheme effectively against Nuss and their Offense will die

A lot of people are focusing on Conner's mistakes and turnovers, but they clearly are zoo midwits that don't know ball. We were never in danger of losing against MSST, but we want to act like CW was embarrassingly bad. Do we want to win the game or do we want to light up the box score? CW has been evaluated and projected as a NFL caliber QB, do you think he needs the stats to build his resume or maybe he just needs to win.... Hint- he's better under pressure because that's when it actually matters.

We clearly are playing the high level game. Elmo and Klein love to eat clock and limit exposure to players. We do what we need to do to win and rarely overextend ourselves. We don't open up the playbook, we don't use smoke and mirrors or aim for style points, we keep our cards close to the vest. This is an elite mentality that keeps us under the radar. Do you really think CW couldn't play that three game stretch with Marcel? Do you really think Marcel was the best option... or did we know we could do just enough to win with Marcel while resting our future draft pick...

This mentality was also our downfall against ND, game plan was clearly to ride defense to victory while keeping things very simple on Conner's first game back. And the plan was solid until the 4th quarter, when CW was already injured. We were not prepared enough to switch up our looks and pivot on offense, especially considering it was our first game. Again, we want to blame the game on CW but it was a lot closer than people realize and just didn't break our way.

We frankly put too much on CW and not enough on Elmo and Klein. They have made the right decisions at every point of the season thus far. They have been in complete control of the game except for 6min in the 4th quarter of week 1. Yes, we have made a ton of mistakes as a team, but we are consistently in positions to win because of our coaching. We aren't asking our players to make game-breaking plays, we aren't putting pressure on specific position groups to carry the team (except OL from a pride standpoint). We are focused on being realistic, taking what we are given, and winning as a team. Maybe the zoo could take some notes and quit acting like CW makes or breaks the team.

TLDR

When we win on Saturday it will be because we shut down LSU's offense with superior scheming and Elmo will chew clock and control the game like he does best. We will win, even if CW has a subpar game. Elmo is that good.
Sugarwater

What is up with "Elmo"?

Do you want to sell sugar water the rest of your life or change the world?
Moral High Horse
aggiebrad94
AG
Sugarwater said:

What is up with "Elmo"?

I think he's saying even a doll could beat LSU with our players
Rod92
I truly wish all that were true and it was just that easy....but Im skeptical . Just hope the good CW shows up, Klein opens the playbook and surprises LSU with lots of TE plays, Elko blitzes a lot and rattles Nuss

Rod 92
The Banned
Would move OP to explain the ND games then
AgEng93
AG
This has all the earmarks, like so many of those games in the past when everything is on the line, that our team will go out and lay an egg. I hope this is one of those times in my life time it won't happen. But again, I can't help but think this is Aggie football. I know. I know. BAS rearing its ugly head. Flame away, guys... I get it.
Gunny456
AG
See…. That's where you're wrong. The black unis and all black in the stands is going to win it for us.
aeon-ag
LSU is like tu, they get a lucky break or a refs gimmee at the end of the game to win!
AccAg
Sugarwater said:

What is up with "Elmo"?

Yet again someone trying way to hard to make his mark on the TexAgs lexicon.
Al Bula
AG
OMB100GAS said:

1. LSU is overrated
2. CW is underrated
3. Elmo is a game manager

LSU is a one-dimensional team that got saved by zebras at SC. Check the stats, rushing numbers are not only very low in terms of production, but they really only utilize one back AND nuss cant run. Despite a very talented WR room, the QB numbers are mid. A lot of yards, but also a lot of attempts plus 6 INTs. Elmo will scheme effectively against Nuss and their Offense will die

A lot of people are focusing on Conner's mistakes and turnovers, but they clearly are zoo midwits that don't know ball. We were never in danger of losing against MSST, but we want to act like CW was embarrassingly bad. Do we want to win the game or do we want to light up the box score? CW has been evaluated and projected as a NFL caliber QB, do you think he needs the stats to build his resume or maybe he just needs to win.... Hint- he's better under pressure because that's when it actually matters.

We clearly are playing the high level game. Elmo and Klein love to eat clock and limit exposure to players. We do what we need to do to win and rarely overextend ourselves. We don't open up the playbook, we don't use smoke and mirrors or aim for style points, we keep our cards close to the vest. This is an elite mentality that keeps us under the radar. Do you really think CW couldn't play that three game stretch with Marcel? Do you really think Marcel was the best option... or did we know we could do just enough to win with Marcel while resting our future draft pick...

This mentality was also our downfall against ND, game plan was clearly to ride defense to victory while keeping things very simple on Conner's first game back. And the plan was solid until the 4th quarter, when CW was already injured. We were not prepared enough to switch up our looks and pivot on offense, especially considering it was our first game. Again, we want to blame the game on CW but it was a lot closer than people realize and just didn't break our way.

We frankly put too much on CW and not enough on Elmo and Klein. They have made the right decisions at every point of the season thus far. They have been in complete control of the game except for 6min in the 4th quarter of week 1. Yes, we have made a ton of mistakes as a team, but we are consistently in positions to win because of our coaching. We aren't asking our players to make game-breaking plays, we aren't putting pressure on specific position groups to carry the team (except OL from a pride standpoint). We are focused on being realistic, taking what we are given, and winning as a team. Maybe the zoo could take some notes and quit acting like CW makes or breaks the team.

TLDR

When we win on Saturday it will be because we shut down LSU's offense with superior scheming and Elmo will chew clock and control the game like he does best. We will win, even if CW has a subpar game. Elmo is that good.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
2 of LSU's 3 SEC wins over South Carolina and Ole Miss were decided by exactly 3 points each. South Carolina led LSU 17-0 with 12:19 left in the 2nd quarter before LSU outscored South Carolina 36-16 during the rest of the game to escape with a 36-33 road win on 9/14. LSU had a home game at night after a bye week against an Ole Miss team that was playing their 2nd straight SEC road game and 7th straight game. Yet, LSU never led Ole Miss until the final play to escape with 29-26 overtime home win on 10/12. If not for comeback wins over South Carolina and Ole Miss, LSU would have been 4-3 (1-2 SEC).

LSU's luck will run out at Kyle Field. We will have a superior rushing offense to sustain clock-consuming drives, dominate time of possession, and keep LSU's offense off the field. This means we won't need to rely on high passing volume from Conner Weigman and limit the risk of interceptions. The crowd noise will cause the LSU offense to commit at least 3 false start and delay of game penalties. We have won 3 straight home games against LSU, including the last 2 by 13+ points each. Even when we were 4-7 and had lost 6 straight SEC games, we managed to stun then No. 5 9-2 SEC West champion LSU 38-23. As a 10-point home underdog, we knocked LSU out of CFP contention before they even played Georgia in the 2022 SEC Championship Game. For these reasons, I am predicting a close 31-24 win over LSU.
amercer
AG
I like the black uniforms. But they are a gimmick. That's what makes college football great.

BUT programs that know they are elite don't do gimmicks when a big game comes to town.

So reality check, LSU is an an elite program and we are not. I hope we win tomorrow, but no one should be expecting it.
MaroonRevival
It's hard to comprehend how these uniforms have irritated so many vag1nas.
TexanJeff
AG
amercer said:

I like the black uniforms. But they are a gimmick. That's what makes college football great.

BUT programs that know they are elite don't do gimmicks when a big game comes to town.

So reality check, LSU is an an elite program and we are not. I hope we win tomorrow, but no one should be expecting it.

Then why is LSU so elite they are doing Gimmick all white uniforms?

Riddle me this genius…
Shoefly!
AG
I think CW should've been pulled when he was hurt. That's on the coaches. We had seen enough of Marcel and Henderson to give one of them the reins. There was no excuse for Connor playing hurt!
whatthehey78
AG
TexanJeff said:

amercer said:

Then why is LSU so elite they are doing Gimmick all white uniforms?

Riddle me this genius…
White privilege don't go round here, law dog!
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Agsttt
MaroonRevival said:

It's hard to comprehend how these uniforms have irritated so many vag1nas.

T H I S!!!!!!!!!
dreyOO
I don't think they're overrated. They're a very solid SEC team and a real challenge. Very solid barometer. The typical aggie season is a loss here. Is this one different?

Also, this is where we get to see if Elko can keep the team focused and executing in a big game. I went to ND and it felt like we had every advantage ready for the taking, and simply didn't take the win.

I think this one may be similar and I'm hoping to see Weigman and Moss will us to victory at the end.
EVA3
AG
Is this on Message Board Geniuses yet?
AGDAD14
AgEng93 said:

This has all the earmarks, like so many of those games in the past when everything is on the line, that our team will go out and lay an egg. I hope this is one of those times in my life time it won't happen. But again, I can't help but think this is Aggie football. I know. I know. BAS rearing its ugly head. Flame away, guys... I get it.

Not wearing our school colors is a dead give away that your fears may be justified. We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we!
Demo_Slug
AG
LSU going to poop their drawers when Reed starts!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.