Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Fan Behavior

2,241 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Aggie Dad 26
Maroon Flash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Booing players that are down on the turf and rushing the field both suck. Hopefully neither occurs on Saturday night.

Time to act like a fanbase that expected our team to win a big game.

And for grins it would really show up that bunch of jackasses about 90 miles away.
Maroon Flash
The Banned
Rushing the field for beating #8 LSU would be dumb
rootube
AG
The Banned said:

Might not be dumb when you consider our playoffs chances with a win vs a loss. This may be the biggest game at Kyle in basically forever.
cc10106
No need to rush the field, but an exciting finish to beat LSU like they did versus Ole Miss would make it more understandable. Kyle should be rocking like Death Valley was that night, and there is no excuse not to be.

bearcat
I am worried that any calls that fans disagree with will cause people to throw stuff on field. The way it was handled with a reward will cause an outbreak
AggieArchitect04
AG
rootube said:

The Banned said:

Might not be dumb when you consider our playoffs chances with a win vs a loss. This may be the biggest game at Kyle in basically forever.

Even if we lost, we could win out and still go to the CCG. LSU still has to play Bama.
jah003
S
bearcat said:

I am worried that any calls that fans disagree with will cause people to throw stuff on field. The way it was handled with a reward will cause an outbreak

Yea that will not happen at Kyle.

Even if the students wanted to they aren't close enough. Unless we got a Henry Rowengartner up there.
An L of an Ag
AG
Bama ain't all that this year. I'd say LSU is gonna be favored in that one.
aunuwyn08
AG
If they only have 1 loss and so do we, then LSU would have the head to head tiebreaker over us.

If we win this game we can lock up a shot in the secg with two more wins. Without, and we need help even if we win out.
cc10106
kyledr04
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Booing players that are down on the turf and rushing the field both suck. Hopefully neither occurs on Saturday night.

After the third "injury" or any one that occurs with no time outs, you deserve it unless the player is near death or dismemberment.

I remember being at game years ago, I think maybe against Clemson and they faked a bunch of injuries. Their fans defended them until the point where it obvious and gave up.
AggieArchitect04
AG
aunuwyn08 said:

If they only have 1 loss and so do we, then LSU would have the head to head tiebreaker over us.

If we win this game we can lock up a shot in the secg with two more wins. Without, and we need help even if we win out.

That's right. So, yeah, this is pretty big then.
dcbowers
AG
rootube said:

The Banned said:

Until next week.

Okay, until the t.u. game on November 30th.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cc10106
Beating Carolina the next week may be tougher than LSU at home, and the Tigers barely won in Columbia.
He is Ass My Dude
rootube said:

The Banned said:

Save it for the game that actually guarantees a playoff spot.

TAMUallen
AG
Booing fake injuries is fine.

Fans who can't understand or realize when and when that wouldn't happen is dumb.
Shoefly!
AG
bearcat said:

I can guarantee you it won't be handled like they coddled the petulant children Saturday!
greg.w.h
AG
I don't think likelihood of making the CCG if we lose to LSU is good. And we likely immediately are in the bubble for 12 team field if we lose another game.

Therefore win.
Maroon Flash
AG
"Booing fake injuries is fine."

Unless you are the player you don't know what is fake. I played and had a lot of problems with cramps. One moment you are fine, the next instant muscles lock up and it hurts like hell.

If the "fake injuries" are as big a problem as you think, I expect we'll get some rule changes to discourage.

In the meantime please don't be an ass at Kyle Field.
Maroon Flash
rootube
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

rootube said:

The Banned said:

Even if we lost, we could win out and still go to the CCG. LSU still has to play Bama.

It's not a matter of opinion. I'm sure they are going to throw up the % chance at a playoff graphic that everyone loves this year. I bet our probably of a playoff spot drops significantly with a loss and rises significantly with a win.
TAMUallen
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Unless you are the player you don't know what is fake. I played and had a lot of problems with cramps. One moment you are fine, the next instant muscles lock up and it hurts like hell.

If the "fake injuries" are as big a problem as you think, I expect we'll get some rule changes to discourage.

Tell me you haven't watched Ole Miss this year without telling me you haven't seen Ole Miss this year
TnAg23
AG
Rushing the Field is Awesome. More likely we do it after beating tu though.
TAMUallen
AG
TnAg23 said:

No
TnAg23
AG
TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

No

If we beat a top 10 tu team after not playing them for a decade, good luck stopping us.
TAMUallen
AG
TnAg23 said:

TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

No

If we beat a top 10 tu team after not playing them for a decade, good luck stopping us.

I get it, you're new to this and havent been here before. Will you be paying the 250k minimum fine?
rootube
AG
TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

No

I get it, you're new to this and havent been here before. Will you be paying the 250k minimum fine?

No and nobody rushing the field will either.
TnAg23
AG
TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

No

Kyle's Capacity is over 100k. There are 7 home games a year. That's 700k tickets per year.

250k/700k is about $0.36 per ticket.

If we go on a 1 game basis, 250k/108k = $2.31 per ticket.

Also, between out of state undergrad and master's, I'm probably coming up on having given A&M 250k myself.
C2 Ag 93
I prefer we not rush the field, only because I came from the Corps experience and knew the campo.

That said, I don't look down on it either so long as it's "meaningful" and "appropriate." Would think the Aggies we're trying to honor and hold the field "sacred" for would say "live, and enjoy" after a monumental win. Defining what that is of course is elusive.

Of course, schools are fined for it... and the fine goes up for repeat offenses. So there's that...

PS - Players should never be booed, ever. You truly never know if they are taking a dive to slow the clock. If you think they did, simply don't clap when they get back up.
TAMUallen
AG
TnAg23 said:

TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

No

Kyle's Capacity is over 100k. There are 7 home games a year. That's 700k tickets per year.

Also, between out of state undergrad and master's, I'm probably coming up on having given A&M 250k myself.

Give it up. Clearly you just want to do it. If it was to ever happen again then it better be sporadic and fitting. You don't freaking plan out 1 game per year basis.
TnAg23
AG
TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

TAMUallen said:

TnAg23 said:

No

Give it up. Clearly you just want to do it. If it was to ever happen again then it better be sporadic and fitting. You don't freaking plan out 1 game per year basis.

I was making the point of how little 250k is, not planning it out on a once per year basis. Last time was 2021 Bama.

You are the one that mentioned money as if that would be a deterrent.

I was just saying if we beat a top 10 tu team after not playing them for a decade, In what is sure to be a close game, it'll probably happen.

And hell yeah I want to do it.
Ag Tag
TAMUallen said:

Maroon Flash said:

Tell me you haven't watched Ole Miss this year without telling me you haven't seen Ole Miss this year
They're now known as "Kiffin time-outs."
Maroon Flash
AG
I would rather you yell something obscene at the opposing coach if you feel the need. Don't boo a player down on the turf. If you think it is fake, don't clap when they get up.
Maroon Flash
jturner181
AG
The Banned said:

Rush the field when we pounce on tu by 30+... thats the only allowable time IMO!
Aggie Dad 26
jturner181 said:

The Banned said:

Rush the field when we pounce on tu by 30+... thats the only allowable time IMO!

1. LSU is a rival
2. LSU has not lost a conference game so far
3. LSU is ranked in the top 10
4. Game could be pivotal to our season
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.