Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The Players want Everyone at Kyle to Wear Black

7,508 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TAMUallen
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/Cy4PlV2OLMz
wink1989
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

I head all those that choose not to wear black will be put in a room with Nic Scourton, Shemar Stewart, Shemart Turner, and Armaj Reed Adams and be forced to explain why the refuse to wear a black shirt
The real wrecking crew never asked fans to do anything but be there and be loud. And they balled out because it was all they needed!
taylorswift13_
https://instagr.am/p/C4OtPsQOoEw
StinkyPinky
AG
wink1989 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

I head all those that choose not to wear black will be put in a room with Nic Scourton, Shemar Stewart, Shemart Turner, and Armaj Reed Adams and be forced to explain why the refuse to wear a black shirt
The real wrecking crew never asked fans to do anything but be there and be loud. And they balled out because it was all they needed!
My gut tells me there might be several players from the real wrecking crew that will be at the game wearing black to support the team. I doubt they're that serious and obstinate over something so silly and happy to support the team.
92_Ag
AG
The Marksman said:

"But I have to wear my cargo shorts and real Aggies don't wear anything but maroon"-half of this board(the olds)
Whoa whoa whoa… why drag cargo shorts into this? Next you'll be all over white or gray new balance tennis shoes.

Stick with the program.
wink1989
AG
wink1989 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Every damn game for 3 straight years….. not just every once in a while!
taylorswift13_
AgExtension said:

Superstition question. I've been wearing my Corps of Cadets Baseball Uniform jersey for all the wins. Was going to wear it until they lost, but now I'm thinking of conforming with the Blackout. Thoughts?
yes each Saturday the team wants to know what shirt you wear to determine their level of effort and execution
taylorswift13_
Our National Championship Tennis Team wears black often

https://instagr.am/p/CyeD_7TvKHx
Fleen
92_Ag said:

The Marksman said:

"But I have to wear my cargo shorts and real Aggies don't wear anything but maroon"-half of this board(the olds)
Whoa whoa whoa… why drag cargo shorts into this? Next you'll be all over white or gray new balance tennis shoes.

Stick with the program.

Right!?! Leave the cargo shorts out of this...
The Banned
AgExtension said:

Superstition question. I've been wearing my Corps of Cadets Baseball Uniform jersey for all the wins. Was going to wear it until they lost, but now I'm thinking of conforming with the Blackout. Thoughts?

Black hoodie or jacket over said shirt?
wink1989
AG
StinkyPinky said:

wink1989 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

My gut tells me there might be several players from the real wrecking crew that will be at the game wearing black to support the team. I doubt they're that serious and obstinate over something so silly and happy to support the team.
So everyone not wearing black, isn't supporting the team?
Okay buddy!
soleta27
wink1989 said:

StinkyPinky said:

wink1989 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Okay buddy!

Well, you do sound kind of stubborn
milner79

Magneto
AG
If the Yell Leaders wear black, can you imagine all the whining from the olds?
AggieArchitect04
AG
wink1989 said:

Yes, 100%. If the team is asking you to do something and you refuse, would you consider that support?
StinkyPinky
AG
wink1989 said:

StinkyPinky said:

wink1989 said:

taylorswift13_ said:

Okay buddy!
I didn't say that. I said they'll probably wear black and happy to support the team.
Aggie Dad 26
AggieArchitect04 said:

Quote:

12th Man, please do this!

Sincerely,
players and everyone cool

Boomers:

Gen X here. Never have and never will own anything black Texas A&M. Looks like ish
basic8
Or do it right and plan ahead and hand out the shirts, ala Penn St. and others.

This spur of moment has a lead balloon feel to it.
wink1989
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

Yes, 100%. If the team is asking you to do something and you refuse, would you consider that support?
You sound like a real sheep. I am just a realist and am wise enough to know that it matters not in the least the outcome of a sporting event; no matter the color of my clothes.
Logos Stick
Great, the players can blend into the background of the crowd. Conner won't have any issues trying to identify his receivers in this environment.
C@LAg
AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

We let them have "Power."

still waiting on that conference championship.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Wtf?
I'm typically on the side of "our colors are maroon or white", however, let's just do it folks.
This game could be the catalyst to a new era of Fightin' Texas Aggie Football.

If the team wants it let's suck it up and do it. It could be very special year and this Sat the entire program and fanbase can be on the same page. The first page of a new chapter that ends in a natty. No doubt fans doing this will put some extra grit in our guy's efforts.

Btholsu!
AggieArchitect04
AG
wink1989 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

You sound like a real sheep. I am just a realist and am wise enough to know that it matters not in the least the outcome of a sporting event; no matter the color of my clothes.

All I heard was "blah, blah, blah…I'm a 2%er that doesn't want to support our players."
wink1989
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

All I heard was "blah, blah, blah…I'm a 2%er that doesn't want to support our players."
You can hear what you want, but let me let you in on a little something. My late father was class of '62. He had five children, all of us Aggie graduates. 89', 91',93',99' 02'.
Don't lecture me on the meaning of 2%!!!!
Cliff.Booth
wink1989 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

You can hear what you want, but let me let you in on a little something. My late father was class of '62. He had five children, all of us Aggie graduates. 89', 91',93',99' 02'.

If all five of you aren't in the stands wearing black shirts and waving black towels, you're a combined 10%.
C@LAg
Cliff.Booth said:

If all five of you aren't in the stands wearing black shirts and waving black towels, you're a combined 10%.
your math does not check out.

AggieArchitect04
AG
wink1989 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

That's cute.

I have 13 Aggies in my family - all currently living. My grandfather '49 just celebrated a 75 year anniversary of graduating from A&M.

Without even asking him, I'm certain he'd be fine wearing black.

ETA: Sorry for the loss of your dad. If y'all's family was anything like mine you watched a lot of games together. Those are good memories to have.
dmonreal99
AG
I'm sure this is false.
TnAg23
AG
C@LAg said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

I can't tell if this is serious or not…
I don't think it is, but just in case…

1. 6-1 since power came back.

2. You didn't "let them have" anything. It's their team. You and I just support them.
C@LAg
TnAg23 said:

C@LAg said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

wink1989 said:

I can't tell if this is serious or not…
I don't think it is, but just in case…

1. 6-1 since power came back.

2. You didn't "let them have" anything. It's their team. You and I just support them.
you made my point for me. they had Power for years. no championship.

maybe... JUST MAYBE... it has nothing to do with Power or black t-shirt or spirit towels .

maybe... JUST MAYBE... it has to do with the players and coaching. yes, the fans can amp things up, but a good team should be able to win regardless of the environment.

edit to add: Yes, we did give it to them. we also took it away. and then gave it back.
usmcbrooks
He is Ass My Dude said:

Martin Cash said:

Don't own anything black and sure ain't gonna go buy any.

Username does NOT checkout.

I did! I understood that reference.
AggieArchitect04
AG
We also took away Stoops.
LukeDuke
AG
We ask them for perfection every week...

They rarely ask anything from us.

Let's support our team!!
AGDAD14
So if the team and 12th Man are no longer fighting for maroon and white, then we don't get to sing the Spirit of Aggieland? How sad!
Bobby Jimbo
AG
Finally I won't look out of place in the stands.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.