Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas screwed themselves

3,287 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by rootube
Binksball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sark screwed their season benching ewers

2 QBS= no QB
Players are split on who to get behind. Both players worried about their job.
Play stressed= play bad
Simple math
(2 QBs) + (playing stressed)=(0 QBS) + (play bad)= they're ****ed
AustinAg2K
Quinn Ewers isn't worried about the backup QB even if he has great hair and famous relatives.
DallasAg 94
Sark told us he won't play the backup because when he was a starting QB he didn't like the backup playing.

And so. Here they are.
Logos Stick
I don't think Ewers cares. He's NFL bound with half the season left. I don't think Sark pulls him again, but who knows. If he does pull him, Ewers might just sit out the remainder to not chance injury in practice, etc. He's got his nil money regardless.
bowhuntr
I think the football qb sub situation should be more like basketball instead of a baseball pitcher. Sometimes it helps to sit and watch one series to clear your head.
DallasAg 94
In the SEC, the defenses are incredibly talented and the DCs are phenomenal at disguising what they are doing.

I know many think Jimbo's O was too complex. However, OCs need to disguise what they are doing and then react quickly when they identify things in the D.

We'll see if the Sips make it through the season.
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
So if you "sit out" you get your NIL money anyways? How "progressive" …sounds like something Obama through his rotting corpse puppet would approve of…

((INFINITE FACEPALM))
Logos Stick
He gets paid for name, image and likeness, not for playing so I suppose he does.
AustinAg2K
St Hedwig Aggie said:

So if you "sit out" you get your NIL money anyways? How "progressive" …sounds like something Obama through his rotting corpse puppet would approve of…

((INFINITE FACEPALM))

I assume it depends on how the contract is written.
mshipp88
I don't think anything Sark did or didn't do could have prevented what occured Saturday night. Could have easily been 40-0.
usmcbrooks
Op using that Ag Tag knowledge.
Sq 17
Sadly tu is going to be fine
Ewers will finish the season
Arch will get snaps Arch will be the starter next year
I think Ewers might have another year of eligibility if he does he won't be playing at tu

given their schedule and preseason ranking they still control their own destiny In making the playoffs.
merch
A very poor decision on his part.

But Texas managed 2 scoring drives. Both on short fields due to Georgia turnover and inexplicable onside kick. Texas showed no ability to drive 70 plus yards for a TD. So not sure it mattered who was QB. To be fair, Texas couldn't have been ready for that…that are used to playing teams that can't spell defense.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Sq 17 said:

I think Ewers might have another year of eligibility if he does he won't be playing at tu

given their schedule and preseason ranking they still control their own destiny In making the playoffs.

while not highly likely, if they lose to vandy this week then the wheels will come off.
Sq 17
SEC good enough top to bottom this year that anybody could end up with 2-3 losses
That being said tu will likely finish 10-2 / 6-2 in conference and be in the top 1/3
Sq 17
mshipp88 said:

I don't think anything Sark did or didn't do could have prevented what occured Saturday night. Could have easily been 40-0.

The DC had the team ready the 3 ints especially the last one the DB had good coverage and seemed to know where the route and throw were supposed to go
LB12Diamond
AG
Ewers was hosed once he did that Dr. Pepper commercial.
DFCURT
I think it was a great decision and I like how Sark handled it all the way around honestly.

Ewers needed to settle down and he's probably the guy they needed if he could just collect himself.
Ewok It Out08
AG
2 plus 2 is 4 minus 1 is three quick maths
StinkyPinky
AG
Sq 17 said:

And we beat the sht out of them both years.
PA24
AG
Where they really screwed themselves~ the fans have put targets on the team's back. The team must be punished by officials for all to see, unwritten death penalty as a punishment so all fan bases understand
you can not protest outside of booing.

The horns are going to get the business that the referees have been giving their opponents for years. New sheriff in town is now a tagged calf, about to bent over for the next few games…maybe into next few years.

bobbranco
AG
teasips love their dildos
rootube
AG
Horn was doing nothing on offense. It's totally fine to see if your backup who has also played well can provide a spark.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.