Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Elko just said

6,308 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Ags4DaWin
CoachLB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nick S was sick last week. He was cramping against Miss. State. Glad it was not an injury.
Aggie Dad 26
And all the ahole Mississippi State fans booed with every injury

I said loud enough for a few rows around me when their first player went down with injury. "Are we supposed to boo their players when they get hurt too"

I was told I got a "dirty look" when I said that and I hate that I missed it. F their fans
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

I said loud enough for a few rows around me when their first player went down with injury. "Are we supposed to boo their players when they get hurt too"

I was told I got a "dirty look" when I said that and I hate that I missed it. F their fans

To be fair, ole miss is top of their mind so thinking every team is faking injuries makes a tad more sense.
EKG1996
AG
CoachLB said:

Nick S was sick last week. He was cramping against Miss. State. Glad it was not an injury.
Good news. Also said Bussey is good to go.

The not so good news was his non update on Chase Bisontis. He said we don't know yet, which didn't sound great.
Aggie Dad 26
Yeah, screw that, I'm not finished

Why would our very best player on the entire team, fake an injury and miss 4 plays (roughly)

You toothless, Big Red soda sweating, trailer park living, trash humans!
Aggie Dad 26
24601 said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

To be fair, ole miss is top of their mind so thinking every team is faking injuries makes a tad more sense.

Yeah, I heard Kiffen's name said twice (at least) during the game from a fan behind me

"I heard A&M fakes a lot of injuries like Ole Miss"
NyAggie
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Fans all throughout college football are starting to think that every injury is faked

It's pretty sad

I blame it on kiffin

Guy is a dbag
12Power
Teams started doing it when Sumlin and Kingsbury were going too fast for them. Saban just got mad / frustrated the first time around, but Auburn started the fake injury crap. Kiffen is abusing it
KCup17
AG
This isn't related to Elkos comments but in the Bama-Tenn game Bama got penalized for pushing a player back onto the field so he could go down on the field. His replacement had already made it into the field. Got called for an Illegal substitution
BTKAG97
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

24601 said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Yeah, I heard Kiffen's name said twice (at least) during the game from a fan behind me

"I heard A&M fakes a lot of injuries like Ole Miss"
That's because the d-bag commentators claimed A&M faked an injury on defense during a Mizzu goal line stand.
taylorswift13_
CoachLB said:

Nick Starkel?
Aggie Dad 26
taylorswift13_ said:

CoachLB said:

Nick Starkel?

Nickel Back
NyAggie
AG
12Power said:

Teams started doing it when Sumlin and Kingsbury were going too fast for them. Saban just got mad / frustrated the first time around, but Auburn started the fake injury crap. Kiffen is abusing it

For the record, I have no problem with faking injuries when a team is going a million miles per hour on offense

You wanna push the lies then coaches can do it on defense so that the can get fresh guys into the game

Only way to stop this is to allow defensive subs on all plays not within the last 5 minutes of a half as long as those subs come in by 20 seconds left on the play clock
Texas_Ag11
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Yeah, screw that, I'm not finished

Why would our very best player on the entire team, fake an injury and miss 4 plays (roughly)

You toothless, Big Red soda sweating, trailer park living, trash humans!
And when we had 3 timeouts to burn if needed to slow them down. Then again, most educated fans dont make much noise or even show up for a 1-6 team. Likely giveaway tickets at the local Piggly Wiggly
Ag Tag
A faked injury is now being referred to as a "Kiffin timeout."
Kenneth_2003
AG
I was listening to the game. Our radio crew was PISSED over the booing
jeffdjohnson
Booing injuries isn't right because it isn't possible (in most cases) to tell if the injury is fake. They just need to change the rules so that if you are injured then you have to sit the rest of the drive / quarter / half, etc... Something to de-incentivize an injury.
In reply to
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

It's Mississippi, so expecting any class was your first mistake.
Aggie Dad 26
jeffdjohnson said:

Booing injuries isn't right because it isn't possible (in most cases) to tell if the injury is fake. They just need to change the rules so that if you are injured then you have to sit the rest of the drive / quarter / half, etc... Something to de-incentivize an injury.

I've stated this almost verbatim. The problem is, you'll have injured players not willing to go down because they don't want to risk missing x-amount of plays.

Unfortunately it's a double edge sword. The fans need to STFU. Cramps are very spontaneous and when they're bad, you're not able to do a damn thing about your situation
ChampsAg
Wasn't that when Scooby went down? That was actually a pretty bad attempt at being injured. The announcer comments were golden. Even I laughed at Joe T's "thoughts and prayers" and the color guy's "sending this into the academy" comments.
Frank Grimes
AG
ChampsAg said:

Wasn't that when Scooby went down? That was actually a pretty bad attempt at being injured. The announcer comments were golden. Even I laughed at Joe T's "thoughts and prayers" and the color guy's "sending this into the academy" comments.
He freakin' cramped. Ever have that?
texag101
We're far from innocent.
AggieBiker
AG
jeffdjohnson said:

I've long thought this is the solution. People in the sport don't seriously want to address the small problems it causes. Maybe they are right.
AggieBiker
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

jeffdjohnson said:

I've stated this almost verbatim. The problem is, you'll have injured players not willing to go down because they don't want to risk missing x-amount of plays.

Unfortunately it's a double edge sword. The fans need to STFU. Cramps are very spontaneous and when they're bad, you're not able to do a damn thing about your situation
I've always thought this would be the natural excuse for not adopting such a policy. But if a guy is truly to the point that he needs to exit, then he would not be any good to his team anyway. He and his coaches have an incentive to get him off the field to give the team the best opportunity for success on the next play. The odds that an injured player will stay on the field and potentially seriously exacerbate the injury further would really be no more than it currently is because he hurts his team more by doing that.

The excuse is just a way to say it really isn't that big of an issue to the sport and its participants. Fans don't matter.
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

CoachLB said:

Nick Starkel?

No, he's referring to nick saban, of course.

I'll admit, took me longer than it should have to figure out who nick s was.
bberry72
AG
I think it was nic-scourton who left the field with what looked like a cramp.
Maroon Flash
AG
It seems Lebby has imbued trash talking into the entire team. The MSU guy that ripped one of our players helmet off should have been ejected. End of game or not.
Maroon Flash
Muy
AG
No way Nic was faking an injury; there was no need to at those times. He was clearly cramped.

But let's say he did fake it

Who cares? We won. EAD you 1-6 losers.
Muy
AG
In other news, the SEC has punished A&M for faking an injury and A&M is now bowl ineligible. Meanwhile sips are fine after tossing several hundred beer bottles on the field.
rootube
AG
Muy said:

In other news, the SEC has punished A&M for faking an injury and A&M is now bowl ineligible. Meanwhile sips are fine after tossing several hundred beer bottles on the field.

Technically they got a $250k fine and a threat to prohibit alcohol sales if it happens again. So not nothing. Also I heard they are identifying students somehow and pulling their student tickets. Nothing earth shattering but not nothing either.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
jeffdjohnson said:

Similarly, the NHL could get rid of fighting in hockey if they wanted to. You engaged in a fight? 20 game suspension. Fighting goes away instantly. I suspect that the NHL is not actually in favor of curbing fights.

But college football could easily implement a measure like this. And they could even couch it as utmost concern for player safety. If the injury is bad enough that you have to come off the field, you can't get back in for 10 snaps.
Randy Rhodes
I hope that just means Bisontis is out for a couple weeks
AgExtension
I was at the University of Colorado/Kansas State game a couple of weeks ago (out of state Aggie Dad here). On one drive, K-State players fell prone to injuries on 6 straight positive Colorado plays. No injuries on negative Colorado plays. In each case the player came back in the next play. Colorado was not playing particularly fast tempo-it is not their M.O. Were they all fake injuries? Were they all legit? Who knows, but highly suspect. There NEEDS to be more serious consequences for faking an injury-if the player had to sit out the rest of the series, or 4 plays as others have suggested may help.
Ags4DaWin
Aggie Dad 26 said:

jeffdjohnson said:

Nope. If they can make it off the field without a timeout they are good to go.

If ur cramping you can get off the field.

If ur concussed or need a quarter of eval u stay down. A rule change like this is as much for player safety as anything.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.