Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nov 30

2,024 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by greg.w.h
valvemonkey91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How does A&M ensure no more Texas fan referees are on the crew that night? Do the schools each get a strike like jury selection? I don't trust Sankey and the SEC to clean this up.
Aggie Dad 26
We need to worry about which refs get hired for this game. No more horn, sweatshirt wearing ****gots
Bill Superman
AG
valvemonkey91 said:

How does A&M ensure no more Texas fan referees are on the crew that night? Do the schools each get a strike like jury selection? I don't trust Sankey and the SEC to clean this up.
We've whiffed on ensuring sip snaked their way into our league, that they hire their favorite refs, the list goes on.

Our powers that be need to quit playing the nice guys and expecting the best out of those scumbags and start playing their game but multiple steps ahead and better.
Bryanisbest
AG
valvemonkey91 said:

How does A&M ensure no more Texas fan referees are on the crew that night? Do the schools each get a strike like jury selection? I don't trust Sankey and the SEC to clean this up. Money is power and they have a lot of it .

Sankey will always protect and promote the interests of tu. We learned that when they entered the league
Bryanisbest
AG
We are about to find out how much power Texas has? More than Bama, Tenn, Fla, Georgia collectively ?
The Zookeeper
AG
It would make sense to have all Refs vetted to eliminate any potential conflicts of interests.
A policy not that difficult to implement.
valvemonkey91
AG
Bryanisbest said:

We are about to find out how much power Texas has? More than Bama, Tenn, Fla, Georgia collectively ?

My bet is yes. Money talks.
alexandertheok
Well according to surlywhorns, they believe it's time to have a conversation around bettering refs in the SEC and Texas should be the one to lead it! LMAO
Aggie Dad 26
valvemonkey91 said:

Bryanisbest said:

My bet is yes. Money talks.

Texas politicians and their money, probably laughing all the way
BCEDAg
AG
Does our AD have a say on which officiating crew works the 11/30 game? Or is just Snakey and other slime balls in the SEC office that makes that decision?
Earley Bird
Kick their ass and it won't matter
Sweating BulletS
Good question. Restraining orders to keep them out of Kyle Field.
Bryanisbest
AG
A yellow flag has no ass.
TxAg8908
Willing to bet Matt Loeffler will be the head ref this weekend for LSU AND Nov. 30th.

rockwalltxag
AG
Well he was the head ref for our game with LSU in '14 when LSU was offsides on final interception and wasn't called.

I still remind him about it every time I see him out and about town.
cdowl38
AG
merch
While this sounds good, the reality is a few timely flags in a close game can be outcome determinative.
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
romanagg11
AG
Just decorate their hotel room with frames referring to honesty, ethics, morality, karma etc…
Or just play like Georgia and dominate every facet of the game. They showed this against Mizzou. This team HAS it in them!
Trigon Jin
merch said:

While this sounds good, the reality is a few timely flags in a close game can be outcome determinative.

Outcome determinitive you say? This man is unburdened by what has been.
greg.w.h
AG
Refs are part of the field. Treat them like you can't change them,
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.