Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SEC Shorts - Brilliant

10,963 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by OMB100GAS
rab79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasRebel said:

Nah. They're best with fresh stuff and an occasional callback.

Pimp Vandy will be a fixture...
Kenneth_2003
AG
I for one love the yell leader bits.

EVERY school has their quirks and things they do that are uniquely them and other fan bases look at funny. We just decided to live stream ours on YouTube.

If you can't take the roasting, because that's what SEC Shorts is, toughen up buttercup.

Folks that grow about or "cringe" at the tell leaders. Go somewhere else. Might i suggest a commuter JuCo.
MaroonStain
AG
No comments on "feels like 1998 all over again"???

It does. It really does. Will we soak Kyle Field??
Tailgate88
AG
Youtube served me up this video of Josh Snead being interviewed and he has some niece things to say about being here for their live show last fall. Video is queued up at the start of that part of the conversation.

Tex117
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

I for one love the yell leader bits.

EVERY school has their quirks and things they do that are uniquely them and other fan bases look at funny. We just decided to live stream ours on YouTube.

If you can't take the roasting, because that's what SEC Shorts is, toughen up buttercup.

Folks that grow about or "cringe" at the tell leaders. Go somewhere else. Might i suggest a commuter JuCo.
LOL, its very funny. The dude (Josh Sneed) as linked by Tailgate88 digs A&M and kinda captures it just right.

Clearly, it is weird, it is quirky, and, yes, sometimes cringey. One has to understand that. But by that same token, its what makes A&M a special place and not just some generic "state" school.

Ags83
AG
So who is the person he is talking about that was on the moon? I know we've had Space Shuttle astronauts and there were Aggies in NASA during the Apollo program, but I don't know of any that actually were on the moon.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
I don't mean the skit.... I mean the girl.

And for the record I don't mean see more of her physically, just more of her on screen and to hear her speak
Tailgate88
AG
Ags83 said:

So who is the person he is talking about that was on the moon? I know we've had Space Shuttle astronauts and there were Aggies in NASA during the Apollo program, but I don't know of any that actually were on the moon.
Only Astronaut I can think of recently would be Mike Fossum, but he did not go to the moon. He was a Shuttle astronaut. Seems a little weird they would assign him to show the SEC Shorts guys around though?
Sgt. Schultz
AG
Well done!!!
I know NOTHING!!!!
PatAg
AG
AgTrip said:

Gig em G said:

I have to admit, the collective cringe from Texas A&M when the yell leader started going off was pretty accurate
I use to feel the same way but then when you think back that the original yell leaders dressed up as a joke to entertain the upper class me, it's really funny. They're SUPPOSE to be that way, they do it on purpose. It's suppose to be cheesy and I think it's hilarious you all get so butt hurt about it. Those who don't understand it hate it.
I think it was probably funny back in 1936 or whatever. Its not anymore
TXAG 05
AG
Ags83 said:

No Aggies on the moon, although a longhorn has, Alan Bean on Apollo 12.
davido
AG
PatAg said:

I think it was probably funny back in 1936 or whatever. Its not anymore

Disagree. Went to yell for the first time in a a long time this past weekend and it was more fun than I remembered. Daughter loved it. Clangas tried to crash it. Stories were goofy but funny. The mannerisms are textbook yell boys. The hand signals and yells are fun. I'm glad that we're different. Unique.
TAZ99
AG
Am I missing a "peaking" joke on that board?
OMB100GAS
AG
Have you ever been to a rodeo with goofy mcs and clowns? It's just a long time cultural bit

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.