Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Best friend is now a T-shirt horn

3,584 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by In reply to
Thaddeus73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my best friends for over 65 years, who went to Southwest Texas State Teachers' College in San Marcos, recently showed up at our high school reunion proudly wearing an orange sip shirt. He even rubbed it in my face that the horns were #1 and that he was proud to be one of them. He sounded like he was very morally superior to me...

So I pulled out my orange handkerchief that I use to blow my nose, and told him that I had brought my own Toilet paper to the reunion. I doubt if we'll be speaking together anytime soon...

I saw so many orange shirts this last week, when i have seen so few before....Fairweather fans to say the least.....
Bob Knights Paper Hands
He was your best friend for over 60 years and kept those feelings in the closet from you? That's actually impressive for someone so emotionally frail.
Thaddeus73
AG
It only rears its ugly head when they are ranked #1, I think...I truly hate morally superior attitude coming from someone who didn't even graduate from there....
Randy Rhodes
Did he leave a bunch of trash everywhere?
Trigon Jin
Fairweather fans that hop on the bandwagon when a team is up don't realize how bad that makes them look.

They are there to enjoy the moments of other people's success; while refusing to endure tough times.

Not the kind of personality I want around me.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Gym on Saturday morning had tons of sip shirts, on Sunday there were none.

Lol
Bob Knights Paper Hands
They probably had a lot to clean up around the house on Sunday. Probably going to be a bisy week this week too.
Kraft Punk
Morally superior?

They strap dildos to their heads & hold baby killing rallies

Gtfo w that bull****
Deus Vult
Thaddeus73 said:

It only rears its ugly head when they are ranked #1, I think...I truly hate morally superior attitude coming from someone who didn't even graduate from there....

Honestly, why would a graduate feel like they are morally superior based on the performance of their football team? If they didn't play on the team then, in reality, they are a fan just like everyone else. Being proud and happy is very different then moral superiority.
Thaddeus73
AG
Another of my high school classmates, now deceased (RIP), told me in the 1970's that he would root for the Aggies if Texas wasn't fighting for the national championship. This, he never did. BUT, before he died several years back, he made it a point on FB to let everyone know how much he loved Alabama football. A truly nice guy to the end, but a bandwagon fan for sure...
Stone44
AG
Sips in the gym this morning saying it was a good thing they lost. It will make them run the table now. these crybabies actually blamed the officials for the loss. I just laughed and said you are the most delusional people on the planet. You got your asses handed to you by Georgia and that will not be your last loss. I told him they better watch out for Vanderbilt this weekend. They are typical cow fans, Can't lift anything and talk all the time. We have to beat these turds this season.
BartInLA
Your friend probably changed his/her/their pronouns too. Still, you got to try to accept old friends.
BartInLA
Well tu did beat 4-3 Michigan so they have that going for them. Unfortunately Vanderbilt is going in dry on them. Karma.
ttu_85
BartInLA said:

Your friend probably changed his/her/their pronouns too. Still, you got to try to accept old friends.
No, the line should be drawn when someone goes tee-shirter. Such people are groundless and their cores shift with the wind. My daughter went to TAMU. And I never entertained the idea of being an aggie fan though I like the school and its, at the time, conservative values.

And nor would you want me, any "sip" to do so. Any Aggie that would back Tech or UT because their kid went there or for any reason, is weak
MisterJones
AG
I stopped caring about t-shirt fans (from any fan base) long ago. Life is much better now.

(I have lived in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Tennessee)
B-1 83
AG
Lots of trips have been made in the last few months to that dark, dank corner of closets, under that pile of clothes destined for Goodwill, under the Michigan and Miami t-shirts and sweatshirts of old, to bring out that wrinkled whorn attire forgotten for years……
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Won't be popular here, but what an incredibly stupid thing to abandon a 65+ year friendship over.
One Louder
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands said:

They probably had a lot to clean up around the house on Sunday. Probably going to be a bisy week this week too.

Lots of meetings.
Thaddeus73
AG
We're still friends....just not as close..
TxAg76
AG
Sounds like you need different friends
Muy
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Gym on Saturday morning had tons of sip shirts, on Sunday there were none.

Lol

I was going to say the shirts are back in the closet this week.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Southwest Texas State / Texas State might be the worst offenders of being tshirt whorn fans. Not even Austin Community College students are as bad as the Texas State students.
Texas State is the one university I wouldn't pay for my kids to go there.
GoAgs11
This didn't happen
The Zookeeper
AG
OP … Put yourself out there. Meet new people.

I question the character of any bandwagon tee-shirt college fan. And this to be your best friend … I question your judge of character.
StinkyPinky
AG
Thaddeus73 said:

One of my best friends for over 65 years, who went to Southwest Texas State Teachers' College in San Marcos, recently showed up at our high school reunion proudly wearing an orange sip shirt. He even rubbed it in my face that the horns were #1 and that he was proud to be one of them. He sounded like he was very morally superior to me...

So I pulled out my orange handkerchief that I use to blow my nose, and told him that I had brought my own Toilet paper to the reunion. I doubt if we'll be speaking together anytime soon...

I saw so many orange shirts this last week, when i have seen so few before....Fairweather fans to say the least.....
Lol, well played! I'm so proud of you
Thaddeus73
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Southwest Texas State / Texas State might be the worst offenders of being tshirt whorn fans. Not even Austin Community College students are as bad as the Texas State students.
Texas State is the one university I wouldn't pay for my kids to go there.
LBJ being the worst case....
StinkyPinky
AG
Thaddeus73 said:

I can one up you, I have someone close to me that is pretty much the same, only difference is he didn't graduate college at all but lies and tells everyone he graduated from sip. And to bump it up a notch he professes to be a die hard fan, but yet when they are playing he rarely is ever watching the games.... It's all 100% window dressing.
StinkyPinky
AG
Trigon Jin said:

Fairweather fans that hop on the bandwagon when a team is up don't realize how bad that makes them look.

They are there to enjoy the moments of other people's success; while refusing to endure tough times.

Not the kind of personality I want around me.
That's right, people can laugh at me all they want when we are bad, but joke is on them because at least I'm consistent and not seasonal. As far as I'm concerned they look more foolish when there supposed allegiance is doing well more than me when Ags are doing bad.
Thaddeus73
AG
This #1 "sip-mania" even affected the ESiPN prognosticators on Game Day, as they all picked tu to win, I believe...
Ornithopter
AG
Handkerchiefs are disgusting.
Al Bula
AG
MisterJones said:

I stopped caring about t-shirt fans (from any fan base) long ago. Life is much better now.

(I have lived in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Tennessee)
Agree with you 100% it is unproductive to engage these lackwits or get sucked into their weird games of one-upmanship.

There's a difference between this weird thread the OP felt the need to post and having the inner grace to laugh at the tshirt sips privately. It has been my experience tshirt fans have a huge chip on their shoulder and the usual ego-protecting deflection method is to glom onto an Alabama or Texas like a residual dingleberry.
Viper16
AG
Thaddeus73 said:

You really don't need "friends" like that.........he's no different from the typical holier than thou, elitist jerk that represents tu......no different from demoCommiecRATs!

It's easy to walk away from those people.....
#FJB

Lex Talionis

Trump/Vance 2024 Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))
Thaddeus73
AG
I didn't say anything to him except for the hanky remark....Which silenced his tirade in my face....When i tried to bring up later on that his alma mater was going to upgrade to a better conference, which I thought was a good way to defuse his animosity toward me, he didn't even want to talk about it...
cevans_40
AG
It has and always will be the most annoying thing about them. Most of them have nothing other than the cost of their t-shirt invested in the school and are oh so quick to talk trash. The few that actually went to school there are generally more tolerable but they are too few and far between.
TyperWoods
cevans_40 said:

It has and always will be the most annoying thing about them. Most of them have nothing other than the cost of their t-shirt invested in the school and are oh so quick to talk trash. The few that actually went to school there are generally more tolerable but they are too few and far between.

This.

Actual alumni are usually more tolerable than the t-shirt fans. Still usually arrogant and delusional, but not quite as bad as the t-shirt ones.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.