Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

First Look at LSU

8,464 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Aggie Dad 26
jturner181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
#1 and #2 are the two best receivers we will see all year… we box these guys and we win. We try to cover single man and they could torch us if allowed 3 secs to throw.

This is our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd priority… stop these guys and we can throw 5 INTs and it won't matter
RecklessAg
AG
It also will depend on which Weigman shows up - Missouri Weigman (we win) or ND/MSU Weigman (we lose)
ahpetty33
AG
Quit being so simplistic to use TD/INT as a crutch to evaluate Conner this year. He has played 2 games since returning and in his best game we didn't need td throws, when we could walk it into the end zone with moss from anywhere on the field.
Just use your eyes. My eyes tell me he has been mediocre but I understand the flow of each game and why his TD numbers are not blowing us away
Tee-Dyl
To be great you have to do it consistently. If there's anything Connor has proved after 3 years, it's that he's inconsistent and can't stay healthy.

I would argue that Nuss is better than his stats say. He's been hampered by a thin receiving corp this year and a lack of a receiver who can blow the top off a defense. He's engineered multiple 4th quarter game winning drives this year. LSU has the advantage at quarterback.
gunan01
AG
The thing that sticks out about Brian Kelly teams is how much they improve as the season progresses.

The sign of a great coach.
BarNone-Aggie
AG
vander54 said:

Million said:

This game will be won or lost by which Connor shows up. If Missouri Connor shows up, we win. If notre dame or Mississippi state Connor shows up, we lose.

I don't think Mississippi State was that bad but if he plays like that it will be a very tough game. If he plays like Missouri then we should win comfortably. If he plays like ND then.we better hope or defense steps up big time.

If he plays like he did against Notre Dame, it doesn't matter what our defense does, we will get outscored and beaten. He has to show up if we want a fighting chance.
A is A
AG
AGDAD14 said:

The Fightin' Texas Aggies are playing a game at Kyle Field to take the driver seat in the SEC race going into the home stretch. What more could you ask for? It's there for the taking!

I don't remember a bigger A&M game in the last 15-20 years.

They need to do whatever it takes to win. It ain't going to be pretty. Moss needs to be 100%, CW needs to play his best, no drops by WR, a dominate run stopping defense, and a suffocating pass rush. And most of all the game plan and game management better be excellent. That's all!

BTHO LSU!!!

Completely agree on this. Nebraska was huge, tu in 2011 was big. But those were for clout and history. This game is for the future and status of our program. Can we win the big games? How does this team handle real pressure? Can we put emotions aside and execute?

Big game this weekend. Gotta believe in Elko and the team.
halfastros81
AG
Small sample size for both but especially for Weigman this season .
alexandertheok
I honestly think LSU is the #1 or #2 team in the SEC right now. 12th man better be ready!
Kraft Punk
LSU is the toughest team on our schedule and it's not close

& they're really starting to click

What will be telling is how well we hold up at the LOS. I expect our secondary to get burned a few times on big pass plays, maybe a big run... But can we own the LOS against their oline

On offense I just I hope the squad that played mizzou shows up & not the squad that played nd & msst

nathanhenn
AG
We need to be more concerned about LSU. It's always hard to win on the road in the SEC and the SC game will be a tough one, but LSU is a more formidable opponent
nathanhenn
AG
This game will have a huge impact in how we recruit as well. Especially now that we aren't the only SEC school in Texas. Can Elko and his staff come up clutch in big moments and handle the pressure?

The result of this game will have lasting implications on defining Elkos time here at A&M
NoahAg
magnolia tiger said:

Pick a stat

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/player/_/view/offense/group/8/table/passing/sort/passingTouchdowns/dir/desc

Ouch
AgLA06
AG
Tee-Dyl said:

Saying CW is better than Nussmier is an absolute joke.
Try reading.

It was in a response to a comparison between Miss St. and LSU.

But don't let that stand in the way of being wrong.
The Banned
gunan01 said:

The thing that sticks out about Brian Kelly teams is how much they improve as the season progresses.

Yep. He's an absolute corn ball and I don't think he's talented enough to win a ship, but he damn sure could win any game. This one is going to be a battle

ETA: looking forward to how Elko handles this. I think we schemed ND well, both offensively and defensively. CW was just awful. Should he choke again this week, will he pull the trigger on Reed?
eAGer
AG
RecklessAg said:

It also will depend on which Weigman shows up - Missouri Weigman (we win) or ND/MSU Weigman (we lose)

Can't be stressed enough, apparently!
magnolia tiger
The Banned said:

gunan01 said:

Yep. He's an absolute corn ball and I don't think he's talented enough to win a ship, but he damn sure could win any game. This one is going to be a battle

ETA: looking forward to how Elko handles this. I think we schemed ND well, both offensively and defensively. CW was just awful. Should he choke again this week, will he pull the trigger on Reed?

Is Kelly less talented than Miles or Orgeron?
Wearetheaggies
AG
OKC~Ag said:

our D has to have A game and keep Nussmeier in check...

Nussmeier is now top QB in SEC...

CW has to play his best game for us win...

LSU may be the best team left on the schedule
I'll agree that CW is inconsistent, but you have to drill down deeper into the stats if you're going to compare the two QBs. For example, CW has a 70% completion rate and 156 rating in conference whereas Nuss is 55% completion rate and 121 rating within conference.
NyAggie
AG
This is a very even matchup
Maybe team with the better qb play is probably going to win

I'm nervous as hell about this game
The Banned
magnolia tiger said:

The Banned said:

gunan01 said:

Is Kelly less talented than Miles or Orgeron?

Can we agree Orgeron was a unicorn? Do you think he'd win a championship with this roster, or was that all Burrow, Brady and co?

I think Kelly is on par, maybe slightly ahead of Miles. But miles never had to get through 3-4 playoff games and I don't think he could have.
magnolia tiger
Agree with Orgeron, disagree very much with Leslie Miles being as talented a coach as BK. With the way Kelly is recruiting we'll see what he can do with the talent coming in.
OKC~Ag
gunan01 said:

sadly, Kelly is a really competent coach.... sad that our admin can't evaluate the competency of their hire...

just now we got a competent coach in Elko after 20 plus years...of mediocre...ok, let me stop there...

yea, Kelly is also that,..competent
Divining Rod
NoahAg said:

I'm less worried about LSU than SC. I actually think we beat LSU something like 31-17 but lose at SC. Auburn won't be easy either.

my thiughts on all counts
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am not surprised that we are 3-point home favorites over LSU. This is a battle between the two 6-1 teams on 6-game winning streaks and undefeated in SEC play. This game will be the most critical SEC game we have played in 13 years in the conference. I think the winner of this game will play Georgia in the SEC Championship game.
TX_Aggie37
AG
Ag1188 said:

e=mc2 said:

Nice. We need to establish a run game early. We also need to help CW out by targeting our TEs more.
Arkansas run-game got shut down by LSU. Miss St kind of shut down our run-game. Hope we have a backup plan.
Except for the 40+ yard runs that got called back for questionable penalty calls. Still didn't run it as well as I would've liked.
MaroonStain
AG
If Notre Dame CW shows up, then Florida Marcell Reese's Reed needs to be on the field the very next series.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/DBZwgpBRn0t
Brother Shamus
Wrong - A&M is about to skin those cats alive and carry the women off to sodomize. Beat down comin'.
OMB100GAS
AG
Ag1188 said:

NoahAg said:

I'm less worried about LSU than SC. I actually think we beat LSU something like 31-17 but lose at SC. Auburn won't be easy either.
no. LSU is the only one with a gunslinger QB, and the best QB usually wins the game if equal OL protection.

South Carolina only had 250 yards in their blowout win yesterday. Their QB is a true freshman. They're not remotely as big of a threat as LSU, who can drop 500 yards of offense on any given day and are loaded with talent despite some injuries.
They have only dropped 500 total 1 time, vs S Alabama

LSU passes more than anyone but they aren't having world beating numbers plus a lot of turnovers. Just as a reminder SC played LSU and should have won despite 3 turnovers. LSU is good, and can beat us but they are generally overrated while SC has been seen as a sleeper plus they get a bye and home night game
OMB100GAS
AG
We should win easily, but yes if CW has a bad game it will be very close. And I don't think it's smart to bring Marcel in for this critical of a game against their defense
Ray Baker
OMB100GAS said:

Ag1188 said:

NoahAg said:

no. LSU is the only one with a gunslinger QB, and the best QB usually wins the game if equal OL protection.

South Carolina only had 250 yards in their blowout win yesterday. Their QB is a true freshman. They're not remotely as big of a threat as LSU, who can drop 500 yards of offense on any given day and are loaded with talent despite some injuries.
They have only dropped 500 total 1 time, vs S Alabama

LSU passes more than anyone but they aren't having world beating numbers plus a lot of turnovers. Just as a reminder SC played LSU and should have won despite 3 turnovers. LSU is good, and can beat us but they are generally overrated while SC has been seen as a sleeper plus they get a bye and home night game

Solid analysis here, lol.
magnolia tiger
2 more INT's than Weigman on 192 more attempts. Seems CW turns it over at a more frequent rate
Aggie Dad 26
All 5 of your posts are about LSU and negative towards A&M
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.