Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bad situation

4,106 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by jturner181
Double Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was at the State Fair yesterday and the SEC hype machine was in full glory. A&M needs to have a marquee game today going forward. Allowing the OU Texas game prime SEC billing is bad. Really just makes me sick how both those schools are now hyped as big time SEC programs.
jah003
S
VedderAg
AG
Of course hype at State Fair is big. Watching GameDay and it's all OSU vs Oregon. We will get our hype in a couple weeks when LSU comes to town.
Kraft Punk
lol @ worrying about lil bro's cat fight w his ****** boyfriend
NoahAg
Gonna be really tough to have a marquee game today. Maybe we can play 7 v 7 pickup game?
fav13andac1)c
AG
It was a big game before and it will continue to be a big game. Forcing a non-existent marquee matchup is pathetic and stupid. Put aside your bias and have fun.
BMX Bandit
Weird thread
dcg4403
AG
Uhhhhhh OK. And why wouldn't they big hyped as big time SEC schools? Do yoy have any knowledge of these historical football programs?

They are as deserving as A&M and everyone else in the SEC. Look at Vanderbilt??? Are they not getting crazy hype?

Wish the A&M fans would worry less about Texas and worry more about our program and next game. Versus pointing from afar.
Sq 17
Paperclip is not going to be able to keep up in the SEC Riley saw the writing on the wall and bailed out for USC
This game will fade in significance when tu starts winning regularly OU is going to be about as relevant as Arky in the not too distant future

UF v UGa at Jacksonville used to be a big deal
vander54
S
If we base everything we do off tu what message does that send?
World's worst proofreader
TxAg76
AG
Sq 17 said:

Paperclip is not going to be able to keep up in the SEC Riley saw the writing on the wall and bailed out for USC
This game will fade in significance when tu starts winning regularly OU is going to be about as relevant as Arky in the not too distant future

OU has a strange (yet respectable) way of adapting to their environment and being competitive and relevant.
If they fade out, it likely won't be for long.
ArcheryAg
Love the tu hype. Better for them than the Ags. Hype doesn't win games. Texas losses are coming it will be glorious. All is quiet about the Ags which is good. Just win!
Not Coach Jimbo
Sq 17 said:

Pretty sure people said the same thing when the big 12 was created... OU was abysmal, then they landed Stoops (helped by the pirate, rip) and went on a tear that made them the relevant team they are today.

I have no doubt that this quote will age like a millenial influencer with too much botox.
Not Coach Jimbo
ArcheryAg said:

Love the tu hype. Better for them than the Ags. Hype doesn't win games. Texas losses are coming it will be glorious. All is quiet about the Ags which is good. Just win!

Yep, was hoping we'd stay lower in the ranking tbh. Keep overlooking us... keep them boys hungry.
92_Ag
AG
I miss Nebraska/OU rivalry more…
Craigy
We need to win something, we need to have consistent branding (bevel/no bevel. colors) and as supporters of the program always Thumbs Up and no horns down unless we are playing them. Screw them.
Krazykat
AG
Kraft Punk said:

lol @ worrying about lil bro's cat fight w his ****** boyfriend

It's lil sister with her girlfriend.
20ag07
It will probably really piss you off to notice that A&M, Tech, SMU, TCU, Houston, Baylor, and Okie State all happen to have byes this week.

Not a single other P5 team in either state, including in 2 outside conferences, are playing today.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Al that matters is that whomever A&M plays the rest of this season and next will be a big deal.

I hope tu loses to OU, UGA, Ark, and us so that they might sit down and be silent.

However, if they win out, and we continue to improve, stay healthy, and win out, tu @ TAMU will be the biggest game cfb (storyline) has had in 50 years.

SEC Champ, CFBP bye, state bragging rights, and a rivalry renewed.
TXAGGIES
It's so big GameDay even showed up, I mean Fox pregame, err..... hmm SEC Nation which was there at A&M last week?
12thMan9
AG
Double Diamond said:

Was at the State Fair yesterday and the SEC hype machine was in full glory. A&M needs to have a marquee game today going forward. Allowing the OU Texas game prime SEC billing is bad. Really just makes me sick how both those schools are now hyped as big time SEC programs.
SMDH at how many people can make stupid posts.

2023 Texas A&M vs 'bama was same day as ou/tu.
2022 Texas A&M vs 'bama was same day as ou/tu.
2021 Texas A&M vs 'bama was same day as ou/tu.
2020 Texas A&M vs UF was AT THE SAME TIME as ou/tu.

I stopped looking........
Ronnie '88
Bill Superman
AG
Nobody cares about their game of tummy sticks. It's the fakest rivalry in all of sports where they both wish they could let each other win their game of paddycakes.

It's a good day for us to take a step away from their sport as they disgrace it.
Captain Winky
Guys, this is bad. Like really really bad and we need to take this super seriously.
Buzzkill
Double Diamond said:

Who. Gives. A. Damn.
merch
ATM voted both in
Nothing looks more foolish than tradition to those who have none.
Aggie Dad 26
Pathetic man starts a thread, next at 9
Gump 02
AG
dcg4403 said:

Uhhhhhh OK. And why wouldn't they big hyped as big time SEC schools? Do yoy have any knowledge of these historical football programs?

They are as deserving as A&M and everyone else in the SEC. Look at Vanderbilt??? Are they not getting crazy hype?

Wish the A&M fans would worry less about Texas and worry more about our program and next game. Versus pointing from afar.

I don't think OP is an A&M fan. Either that or s/he is a full fledged pot banger.

annie88
AG
I couldn't care less when their game is. It is what it is, but the way game day was slobbering all over tu was gross. They said things like "if OU has a chance" and the "only way OU stays in it" …I hope the sooners wipe the floor with them, or even beat them by one point I don't care but we'll see.
Aggie Dad 26
Gump 02 said:

dcg4403 said:

I don't think OP is an A&M fan. Either that or s/he is a full fledged pot banger.

That or a sip/trailer kitty

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3483598/replies/68356568#68356568
The Porkchop Express
AG
Where are we in our quest to cancel the Iron Bowl, the Egg Bowl and the World's Largest Cocktail Party while we're at it? It's disgusting that SEC teams want to have traditions. That's our thing, not theirs.
20ag07
"Couldn't care less" "Don't care", but definitely here posting to tell us how much you don't care, and def care enough to check the score.

Mmmhmmm.
WC94
AG
Double Diamond said:

You haven't heard? This is their 3rd year in the SEC and they have a combined 2 wins in conference play.
Heineken-Ashi
TxAg76 said:

Sq 17 said:

OU has a strange (yet respectable) way of adapting to their environment and being competitive and relevant.
If they fade out, it likely won't be for long.
Their environment has always been soft. After this season, they are likely to be on the fast track to Nebraska status.
romanagg11
AG
Also disgusted with the fact that every game I see Aggies making the horns down. Why if we aren't playing them yet?
gaudiz
AG
sip alert. It still looks like a big12 rivalry hype, doesn't belong to SEC yet.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.