Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Next 2 weeks

1,332 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by greg.w.h
Aggie Dad 26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Notable matchups
Looking for help to get into the playoffs

Week 7
#16 Utah 16
Arizona St 20
Currently

#1 t.u
#18 OU

#4 Pedo St travels to
USC

#2 Ohio St travels to
#3 Oregon

#9 Ole Miss is 5-1 and travels to
#13 LSU which is 4-1

#11 Iowa St travels to
West Virgina

Following week

Okie Lite
#14 BYU

South Carolina
#18 OU

Virgina 4-1
#10 Clemson 4-1

NEB 4-1
#18 Indiana 6-0

#7 UT
#8 Bama

#11 Notre Dame
GT Tech 4-2

#13 LSU travels to
Arkansas

#5 UGA
#1 t.u

bulverdeaggie93
AG
we don't need help to make playoffs… we win.. we make playoffs
Aggie Dad 26
bulverdeaggie93 said:

I wish it were that easy. The ND loss hurt. While our remaining schedule isn't brutal, t.u and LSU at home, Auburn, and USCjr on the road

Btw

Pedo St and Oregon. Both currently undefeated and have easy schedules

Oregon gets Ohio St at home tomorrow then their next hardest games are against Illinois, and @ Mich

Penn St has Ohio St. Everything beyond that is easy
Agsttt
Aggie Dad 26 said:

bulverdeaggie93 said:

I wish it were that easy. The ND loss hurt. While our remaining schedule isn't brutal, t.u and LSU at home, Auburn, and USCjr on the road

Btw

Oregon gets Ohio St at home tomorrow then their next hardest games are against Illinois, and @ Mich

It is 100% that easy.
Aggie Dad 26
Agsttt said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

bulverdeaggie93 said:

Btw

It is 100% that easy.

I've been reassured by the pumpers we won't win out, so it ain't that "easy"

Questions for the board:
Does the Big 12 send anyone to the playoffs?
The Big Ten schedule is setup where they might send 3 teams?

Tomorrow's winner of the Ohio St vs Oregon is essentially a lock for making the playoffs. For sure if Oregon wins
Texas Yarddog
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Agsttt said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

bulverdeaggie93 said:

Btw

It is 100% that easy.

Questions for the board:

Tomorrow's winner of the Ohio St vs Oregon is essentially a lock for making the playoffs. For sure if Oregon wins

Unfortunately, autobids for conference champs takes 4 slots, plus a G5 team. I think I have that right. Stupid rule.

Regardless. We take care of business each week and we will be in the playoffs. ND loss won't hurt us as much if we are going into the turkey day game at 10-1. I don't think anyone gets out of this year without a loss.
FriscoKid
AG
There is zero chance that those rankings are accurate for the second week.
Aggie Dad 26
Texas Yarddog said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Agsttt said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

bulverdeaggie93 said:

Btw

It is 100% that easy.

Questions for the board:

Unfortunately, autobids for conference champs takes 4 slots, plus a G5 team. I think I have that right. Stupid rule.

Regardless. We take care of business each week and we will be in the playoffs. ND loss won't hurt us as much if we are going into the turkey day game at 10-1. I don't think anyone gets out of this year without a loss.

If we win out? Absolutely. What's the probability of that? No one knows, but i think winning out is a tall order.

So that leaves us at looking at the field, their schedules, current rank and records. There are (roughly) 18 or 19 teams that have a shot. Some programs have a stronger case than others given what's left on their schedule. Here's how I see it given the current status.

Locks: Notre Dame, Oregon, Miami
Notre Dame had their one hiccup already. They have no one left on their schedule really. If they lose another, that's 10-2. At 10-2, they're still in.
Miami is currently 6-0 and #6. I hate these guys and have seen their wins. Sucks! But they don't play Clemson during the regular season. I can't see anyone on their schedule that's on their level. Syracuse? Duke? GT? I just don't see it. Either way, almost zero chance they drop 3 games from here on out. Oregon has Ohio St tomorrow. If they win, there's a 95% they make it in. They're currently ranked #3, undefeated and have the following left. Michigan lol, Wisconsin, Purdue, and #23 Illinois. They're schedule is Charmin soft

So that's 3 teams I predict at this point that are locks. Who's left?

Clemson is #10 and doesn't play Miami. They do play a ranked Pitt team. The Citadel?? USCjr (rival), VA, Louisville, and VA Tech. That's a very easy schedule. I have them almost in the tier 1 section for "locks for the playoffs"

Penn St, Currently #4, undefeated and doesn't have to play Oregon. Their toughest opponent is Ohio St. After that, it's Wisconsin, USC, Purdue, Washington, Maryland. I have Penn St in the almost, lock for the playoffs. That's 5 teams that are locks are very close to a lock @ the day before week 6.

From there, things get very messy. The loss to Vandy really screwed things up. LSU's loss to USC, A&M's to ND, and Ole Miss dropping one to Kentucky did a number.

LSU still faces A&M, Arkansas, Bama, and Ole Miss. They could make it, but my money is going against it.

t.u plays OU, Arkansas, UGA, Vandy, and A&M. They could drop 2 of these and make it. They have a great shot and are a tiny fraction below Penn St and Clemson. Their schedule is just tougher.

Bama still plays LSU, UT, Auburn, and OU. I think they drop one more. If they drop 2 more, they're probably out. Even with all the media love, a 3 loss Bama team with a loss to Vandy probably doesn't make it

UGA has t.u, Ole Miss, UT and Ole Miss! I once had them as the team to beat in all of college football. They're schedule is brutal.

Ole Miss has LSU, ARK. UGA, and OU. Brutal

The Big 12 is where it gets interesting. All of their schedules are fairly easy, no one looks like a world beaters. Do they send someone other than their conference champion?

#14 BYU is undefeated and plays Houston, Okie Lite, Utah, Kansas, and UCF lol

#11 Iowa State is undefeated. They have Texas Tech, Kansas, Cincinnati, Kansas St, Utah

Aggie Dad 26
Correct but that's all I have to use at the moment
aglaes
AG
Would like to see Notre Dame keep winning and if we make the playoffs, get a rematch with them.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
finish at least 10-2 and we make the playoffs. it really is that easy. we don't even have to be perfect just go 5-1 the rest of the way and we are in.
TexasAGGIEinAR
10-2 with losses to ND & tu will get us in.
greg.w.h
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

bulverdeaggie93 said:

Btw

If we win the CCG we are a team with a bye. If we lose in the CCG we are potentially in with that loss treated traditionally as half a loss, but CCG losers never made the r-team playoff because it's bad tv. That's why Clay Travis advocated converting the CCGs to first round playoff games, but the conferences like the revenue and the various playoff committees (they change members over time so never the exact same committee) ensconced the playoff games as necessary for less capable conferences to get in the playoff.

I'm not saying your analysis is wrong, btw, because it highlights the reality of the bubble mechanics in the four-team playoff and those were due to media interests primarily (which is why ND got the fourth spot in 2020. But the bubble mechanics are harder to defend below the top ten because they become more visible.

As I have posted twice before: 8-12 in the CFP rankings last year all had two losses in the week BEFORE the final rankings that were used to send invites. Only Liberty had fewer than that below 7 with zero losses.

It might not be a typical year and this year might be slightly different, but I'm guessing at least two teams with two losses WILL make the playoff in the next two years. If it expands to 14 or 16 teams then more will.

The ND loss won't matter if it is our only loss. In fact we will be in the CCG if it's our only loss because it was t a conference game.

Are we well positioned to run the table in the SEC??? Instead of guessing, let's see.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.