Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A Transitive Ranking of the SEC

5,013 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
Ugly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So far, a total of 18 SEC matchups have taken place. There is almost enough data from these to construct a ranking based almost solely on the transitive property (if team X beats team Y, they are ranked higher than team Y). This list considers only conference matchups. There are a few exceptions, listed below, but the resulting list is:

1. Texas A&M
2. LSU
3. tu
4. Mizzou
5. Vanderbilt
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Arkansas
9. Tennessee
10. Oklahoma
11. Florida
12. Ole Miss
13. USCe
14. Kentucky
15. Clanga
16. Auburn

The exceptions to the transitive property are listed below:
  • Two teams have yet to win an SEC game, and should thus be tied (Auburn and those who go Clanga). For the purposes of this list, the team withy more SEC losses was considered worse, even though that is probably not true.
  • Three teams haven't lost in SEC play (the three closest to Houston). I ranked these by their best win to-date (using the results above).
  • One set of three teams is 1-1 against each other (Ole Miss, USCe, and Kentucky). I rated them lower than the teams that have no such issue (#8-11), and ordered them so the team with the fewest losses is rated highest.
  • Florida sucks so I rated them as low as I could, given the other bullets.

AggieArchitect04
AG
What's the point of this?
Trigon Jin
AggieArchitect04 said:

It's bye week
TexanJeff
AG
Why is tu above LSU?

Who did they beat that beat tu?
Rule#2
AG
TexanJeff said:

Why is tu above LSU?

He's saying LSU's win over SC is stronger than sippy over Clanga
It's your duty as an American to own a gun...and know how to use it.
rab79
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Are you not amused?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Rule#2 said:

TexanJeff said:

Why is tu above LSU?

He's saying LSU's win over SC is stronger than sippy over Clanga

Except I would say lsu should be penalized for refs gifting them win over SC
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
one thing i noticed and it is still really really early but all three sec teams we have played have only one loss in the sec and it is to us. they have won the rest of their sec games. still way early but i think that is a somewhat promising stat for a bye week post.
LincolnBorglum79
Divining Rod
good observation!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
All 3 SEC teams we played are either 1-1 or 2-1 in SEC games. LSU and Texas are the only other teams that are undefeated in SEC play, but they played just one SEC game each. Arkansas and Georgia are the only other teams with 2 SEC wins so far. Hopefully, we can win our next 3 games against Mississippi State, LSU, and South Carolina before our 2nd bye week.
brotherbear
AG
Why such hatred of Miss St? You gave all teams at least a version of their real names except them.
HoustonAggie37713
Nerd.
fulshearAg96
AG
We're #1!!!!!!
Aggie Dad 26
fulshearAg96 said:

We're #1!!!!!!

Transitive Champs
AggieArchitect04
AG
Mods, can we get a banner hung in Bright:
Quote:

"SEC mid-season Champions Through Transitive Properties
HoustonAggie427
Ugly said:

So far, a total of 18 SEC matchups have taken place. There is almost enough data from these to construct a ranking based almost solely on the transitive property (if team X beats team Y, they are ranked higher than team Y). This list considers only conference matchups. There are a few exceptions, listed below, but the resulting list is:

1. Texas A&M
2. LSU
3. tu
4. Mizzou
5. Vanderbilt
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Arkansas
9. Tennessee
10. Oklahoma
11. Florida
12. Ole Miss
13. USCe
14. Kentucky
15. Clanga
16. Auburn

• Two teams have yet to win an SEC game, and should thus be tied (Auburn and those who go Clanga). For the purposes of this list, the team withy more SEC losses was considered worse, even though that is probably not true.
  • Three teams haven't lost in SEC play (the three closest to Houston). I ranked these by their best win to-date (using the results above).
  • One set of three teams is 1-1 against each other (Ole Miss, USCe, and Kentucky). I rated them lower than the teams that have no such issue (#8-11), and ordered them so the team with the fewest losses is rated highest.

We could beat any of these teams
davido
AG
brotherbear said:

Why such hatred of Miss St? You gave all teams at least a version of their real names except them.

Clanga hate week. Get angry!!!
infinity ag
Ugly said:

1. Texas A&M
2. LSU
3. tu
4. Mizzou
5. Vanderbilt
6. Alabama
7. Georgia
8. Arkansas
9. Tennessee
10. Oklahoma
11. Florida
12. Ole Miss
13. USCe
14. Kentucky
15. Clanga
16. Auburn

Good fun analysis!
Czechs Out 03
AG
No one cares about your rankings and I'm not sure what you dressing up as a woman has anything to do with it.
one safe place
Aggie Dad 26 said:

fulshearAg96 said:

We're #1!!!!!!

Transitive Champs
I think if you claim the Transitive Championship, they put two asterisks by it.
TheBonifaceOption
Trannie Champs
Muy
AG
Trigon Jin said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

It's bye week

It's bye week hype
Ugly
AG
I keep expecting a week that will render this exercise essentially impossible, but it is still going strong, with the list below correct except for the same Kentucky vs. Ole Miss issue the OP had:

1. Texas A&M
2. LSU
3. Mizzou
4. Vanderbilt
5. Arkansas
6. Tennessee
7. Alabama
8. Georgia
9. tu
10. Florida
11. Ole Miss
12. USCe
13. Kentucky
14. Oklahoma
15. Auburn
15. Clanga

There are surprisingly few changes to the exceptions to the transitive property either:
  • Two teams have yet to win an SEC game, and have the same conference record; thus, they are tied (Auburn and those who go Clanga).
  • Two teams haven't lost in SEC play (this will be fixed this weekend). I ranked these by their best win to-date (using the results above).
infinity ag
Ugly,
Not sure why some are dissing you but I want to thank you for taking the time to do this and I find it interesting.

So thank you.
ObviousLazyRiverIsObvious
rab79 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Are you not amused?

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.