Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Black Out?

8,818 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by pothag2012
SA68AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We need to have a consistent brand and that is maroon and white.
Squid94
AG
Black shirts matter...
gnirwin11
AG
Lol to all the boomers freaking out over black uniforms. BuT mUh ScHoOl CoLoRs! It's one game. We're not getting rid of maroon.
dabo man
AG
I love Blackout. Especially the first side.

Rec
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Oops, you are right. I thought it was orange and white but to be fair, I haven't thought about Oklahoma State in about 12 years.

We've played them at least twice in that time
pothag2012
AG
aeon-ag said:

Why wear Black??!! An alternate color? An alternate color to WHAT??!! If A&M wants to wear another color other that Maroon and White then change the school colors to black.

"We;ve got to fight for the Back and Black"! Ridiculous? No, it's insane, leave the damn colors alone!!!!!!!

Who's the nut case that up with this idea???!!!

I will not watch this game!!!!!
Not watching because they wear a different jersey color and the crowd follows…. Have fun with that. The rest of us will enjoy.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Everyone should wear cheerleader outfits.
TXAG 05
AG
Rec said:

FarmerJohn said:

Oops, you are right. I thought it was orange and white but to be fair, I haven't thought about Oklahoma State in about 12 years.

We've played them at least twice in that time

Plus they just beat us in the Texas Bowl last season.
SteveA
AG
Quote:

Why wear Black??!! An alternate color? An alternate color to WHAT??!! If A&M wants to wear another color other that Maroon and White then change the school colors to black.

"We;ve got to fight for the Back and Black"! Ridiculous? No, it's insane, leave the damn colors alone!!!!!!!

You are ok with buying the entire roster with NIL cash, but you draw the line at black unis? GTFO.
NoahAg
SA68AG said:

Yep nothing speaks to Gen Z blue chip recruits like hard and fast rules about team colors. What they hate are things that are flashy, exciting or new.
BraxtonW
AG
NoahAg said:

SA68AG said:

Yep nothing speaks to Gen Z blue chip recruits like hard and fast rules about team colors. What they hate are things that are flashy, exciting or new.

These guys never understand. It's not about our opinion, if the kids want them, we better be doing it.
RAB889094
AG
dabo man said:

That was an excellent tour, too!
James '88, '90 & '94
Gunny456
AG
How about they put their time to worrying about playing great football instead of what color clothes they are wearing.
StinkyPinky
AG
RAB889094 said:

dabo man said:

That was an excellent tour, too!
Klaus Meine is an extremely underrated vocalist. One of the few rock singers (see RJ Dio) who sound better live than recorded.
aeon-ag
pothag2012 said:

With the new black alternative uniforms being worn for the LSU game, is there any news on whether this will be a "Black Out" game? Requesting everyone to wear black, doesn't seem like a tough ask.
It's an insane idea and an insane task. This is laughable!
dixichkn
AG
I'm gonna side with the old fudds on this one. If you, for whatever odd reason, get more hyped or play harder bc you're wearing a black uni, maybe you should've looked at techtard or Okie lite or Vandy or something
dustytool
I don't care what color they wear. If the players like it and they win they can change colors every week for all I care. I didn't choose A&M because of its colors, I chose it because I love the school.
BraxtonW
AG
Gunny456 said:

How about they put their time to worrying about playing great football instead of what color clothes they are wearing.

They do, but we are talking about recruiting young kids.
Gunny456
AG
If young recruits make a decision on what school they are going to strictly on what color clothes they can wear we are in deep trouble.
And let's see…. Here is what they are thinking……"TAM has made me an offer to come play and so has t.u. Now if I go to TAM they will let me wear black unis but only give me 1mil in NIL …. BUT if I go to t.u. they will give me 2 mil in NIL but I gotta wear white unis ……. Yep, my minds made up, I'm goin to TAM so I can wear black uniforms!"
Are we that naive to think that makes a difference?
Gunny456
AG
And they should also!
gigemags-99
AG
aeon-ag said:

Not to mention, once we do this, there is no going back
BraxtonW
AG
Gunny456 said:

If young recruits make a decision on what school they are going to strictly on what color clothes they can wear we are in deep trouble.
And let's see…. Here is what they are thinking……"TAM has made me an offer to come play and so has t.u. Now if I go to TAM they will let me wear black unis but only give me 1mil in NIL …. BUT if I go to t.u. they will give me 2 mil in NIL but I gotta wear white unis ……. Yep, my minds made up, I'm goin to TAM so I can wear black uniforms!"
Are we that naive to think that makes a difference?

All im saying is the recruits like flashy stuff. Doing anything to help with that helps our football team. It's not a deciding factor but I don't see the problem wearing black if the players like it. In the end it's up to them
Gunny456
AG
So make your mind up. First you said it's the recruits now you say it's the players.
Doesn't matter. Players need to worry about playing. And recruits don't make decisions based on colors.
pothag2012
AG
You have 5 days. Make it happen.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.