Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Black Out?

8,795 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by pothag2012
pothag2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With the new black alternative uniforms being worn for the LSU game, is there any news on whether this will be a "Black Out" game? Requesting everyone to wear black, doesn't seem like a tough ask.
greg.w.h
AG
pothag2012 said:

With the new black alternative uniforms being worn for the LSU game, is there any news on whether this will be a "Black Out" game? Requesting everyone to wear black, doesn't seem like a tough ask.
Bring your black jacks and find LSU fans you says???
lagoag
I don't own any black Aggie shirts and won't buy one either. I'm all over the idea of a white out or a maroon out game. I'm pretty sure those are A&M's colors.
I'm not a fan of alternate uniforms. Wear the school colors!
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
The Marksman
AG
pothag2012 said:

This would be awesome
FarmerJohn
AG
Or we could just stay with maroon and not try an embarraing gimmick like Utah State, Louisville, Arizona State, Rutgers, Marshall, Nevada, Ohio, Baylor, NC State, Oklahoma State, and Tennesee. (Georgia, Maryland, and Iowa are exempted from this list since black is actually a predominate school color.)

On the plus side, we would inevitablly get this unintentional comedy from the administration:
ASU asks fans to not paint faces before 'blackout' game
NoahAg
/That'sracist gif
pothag2012
AG
There are people who unfortunately don't wear maroon to Maroon Out games. If the team is wearing black, I would say for at least that game, black is an alternate color of ours.
Ugly
AG
Why would we "Black Out" a game when black is our opponent's color and not ours?
greg.w.h
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Or we could just stay with maroon and not try an embarraing gimmick like Utah State, Louisville, Arizona State, Rutgers, Marshall, Nevada, Ohio, Baylor, NC State, Oklahoma State, and Tennesee. (Georgia, Maryland, and Iowa are exempted from this list since black is actually a predominate school color.)

On the plus side, we would inevitablly get this unintentional comedy from the administration:
That is hilarious…
Gyles Marrett
Sounds slightly racist...but I'll let it pass. Proceed.
pothag2012
AG
@ Ugly, for the LSU game bro......
pothag2012
AG
Also, didn't know that Red and Blue were our colors when we pulled off the Red, White, and Blue games.....
barnag
pothag2012 said:

Also, didn't know that Red and Blue were our colors when we pulled off the Red, White, and Blue games.....

Those baseball jerseys this past year were awesome
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
pothag2012 said:

Slicer97
AG
One thing I did appreciate about the Jimbo era was the absence of the stupid alternate uniforms (sans the throwbacks, those were pretty sweet) of the Sumlin era.
TXAG 05
AG
barnag said:

pothag2012 said:

Those baseball jerseys this past year were awesome

Agreed. I think those are our best looking baseball unis
usmcbrooks
I'll be blacked out by the end of that game I suspect.
Bill Superman
AG
33 said:

We have been, just alternates of our own colors.

Btw, black is not a color.
usmcbrooks
It's the absence of color.
usmcbrooks

I'll allow it.
Drjrell
Visually it would mess with LSU's QB passes…..just a thought
BLSmith04
AG
FarmerJohn said:

Black is certainly a predominate school color for Okie State. Orange and black are their colors.
greg.w.h
AG
Bill Superman said:

33 said:

We have been, just alternates of our own colors.

Btw, black is not a color.
Black isn't conveyed by light but the lack of reflection of light. But what do you call what you put on a piece of paper that causes that? Calling it black is the typical color we teach kids along with other colors. Saying dye or pigment is notionally accurate, but also is pedantic and doesn't help us name the shade or hue accurately.

If you have worked with printing you know the K in CMYK is a black pigment ink on a press or a printer. Your ink jet has a K ink. Laser printers that offer color also use a black toner.

Hey Nav
AG
pothag2012
AG
Hey Nav said:

Can't wait to see the reaction here when they announce it next week.
Aggie Dad 26
Black uniforms? Nah brah
92_Ag
AG
Nothing quite like the experience of a mid or late afternoon end of summer 100 degree game in a packed stadium in direct sunlight wearing all black.
Logos Stick
Way too hot to wear black
FarmerJohn
AG
Oops, you are right. I thought it was orange and white but to be fair, I haven't thought about Oklahoma State in about 12 years.
aeon-ag
Why wear Black??!! An alternate color? An alternate color to WHAT??!! If A&M wants to wear another color other that Maroon and White then change the school colors to black.

"We;ve got to fight for the Back and Black"! Ridiculous? No, it's insane, leave the damn colors alone!!!!!!!

Who's the nut case that up with this idea???!!!

I will not watch this game!!!!!
StinkyPinky
AG
lagoag said:

I don't own any black Aggie shirts and won't buy one either. I'm all over the idea of a white out or a maroon out game. I'm pretty sure those are A&M's colors.
I have both a black A&M baseball and football shirt. Good tshirts and I like the looks of them. That being said we should not wear black as a uniform. Not our colors and zero reason to look like a team we are not. Not a good idea.
Gunny456
AG
Yea. I think, last I checked that's our national flag colors and we had just been sucker punched by a bunch of cowards and a bunch of Americans had just died.
It was a display of patriotism.

How anybody could make a comparison?
Ugly
AG
pothag2012 said:

@ Ugly, for the LSU game bro......
... fair, I'll take the loss on this one.
usmcbrooks
Sir,this is a Wendy's.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.