Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mizzou is the most important game of the season

2,349 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by NoahAg
HTownMan87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Momentum/Confidence are some of the most important commodities in sports. This game is a major fork in the road for the season. Every game is a new story, but momentum clearly carries over game to game in college more than pro sports in my opinion.

Beat Mizzou and A&M carries a certain amount of confidence into every game for the rest of the season (even if they pick up a loss along the way) and the momentum for a 10-2/ 9-3 season really starts to pick up. We could possibly pick up a second loss and have a decent playoff bid.

Lose and it will take weeks to try and build back the momentum if it's at all possible, because we won't see a test like this until maybe LSU (for sure Texas). And a lot of positive noise around the program will get a little quieter.

Vandy, Kentucky, SC have all proven anything can happen this year if people weren't aware of the fickle nature of college football. A&M could come out and dominate from the rip or get it's butt kicked. Seems to be matchup or consistency (college athletes) issues every week that can lead to surprising results.

Mizzou is beatable, but A&M will very likely not be able to afford digging an early hole if they come out flat footed or getting out-schemed. I'm expecting a battle, but would love a dominate win that puts the rest of college football on notice.

I would empty out the playbook for this win if necessary. This game's impact on the rest of the season is huge.
Kraft Punk
Nah it's just another game
Bill Superman
AG
It's the most important game since the last game.
Ian Neff
AG
If we wanna go 9-3….

This game is of great importance.
dcbowers
AG
Every game is the most important game of the season.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggie Dad 26
Every game is the most important game. Imagine dropping one to NM State? With a loss to ND and to NM State, though they're both non conference, we'd get destroyed in the polls

Drop one to Miss State, same thing AND it's on our conference record..

Our guys have to treat every game as if it's a playoff game
Keith70Chevelle
The next game is always the most important.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I love these threads because the responses are always chock full of hackneyed cliches and try hard pecker measurers.

This one did not disappoint.
Ag Tag
Aggies will slap Mizzou around with their junk.
12thmanfootball
AG
Quote:

I love these threads because the responses are always chock full of hackneyed cliches and try hard pecker measurers.

End of Thread.
HeyAbbott
AG
Next game on your schedule is the most important one.
KidDoc
AG
I thought Florida was the most important game a few weeks ago?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hill08
No tu is our biggest game
Hehateme1
Bill Superman said:

It's the most important game since the last game.
"it will be the hardest we fought since the last time we fought"
- Mike Tyson
C2 Ag 93
I'm not sure it's the "most important of the season", but I have been saying on other threads ND-Mizzou-LSU are the more "consequential" of the season, even over the game with the sips. ND for obvious reasons (profile, ranking), Mizzou to get the "they're doing better than un in the SEC" monkey off our back, and LSU also for profile, but also to get the "legacy SEC school" monkey off our back. I would have added Florida to the mix, but we knew they were down, but optics-wise, it was still good to beat them on the road and also being a "legacy SEC". Last game of the season is of course important for nostalgia and rivalry, but yes, Mizzou is more "consequential".
TexasAggie_97
AG
I would say the ND game was more important. We needed it to set the tone for the season but lost. I would say this week's game is nothing more than the most important game for the team this week.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Got to have this one. Every game from here on in is like a playoff game. It's Another golden opportunity And we can't fk this one up like we did against ND.
dcg4403
AG
Kraft Punk said:

Nah it's just another game

Probably more truth in this statement.

Of course it is a critical game.

Guess what? Our next and next and next will ALL be must wins for SEC and CFP opportunities.

One game at a time, keep winning. With our ND loss, we cannot take a loss and have a CFP shot. We must guarantee our ranking and not rely on a committee to get one of the last spots.

Yes, I want a CFP bid damn it!!!
Kozmozag
If we lose to Misery, there are no more important games this season.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
i think WE can all agree mizzou this week is by far the most important game for the ags this week.
AgLA06
AG
Keith70Chevelle said:

The next game is always the most important.
Yep. Just like those that can't accept we're 4-1 despite the adversity will always tell us we've learned nothing so far and "the next game will show us xyz" after every previous win.
AgLA06
AG
Kozmozag said:

If we lose to Misery, there are no more important games this season.
So there would be no more reason for you to post on this fan site, right?
AgLA06
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Got to have this one. Every game from here on in is like a playoff game. It's Another golden opportunity And we can't fk this one up like we did against ND.
Sigh. Are you sure that entering the last game of the year against top 5 tu at 9-2 with only losses to top 10 teams will doom our season?
Johnsy3
AG
Hill08 said:

No tu is our biggest game
This. Rivalry + highest ranked team (at the moment).

Would you rather lose to Mizzou but beat Texas, or beat Mizzou but lose to Texas? I think we'd all pick the former.
TX_Aggie37
AG
This is a game that past Aggie teams would lose. Hopefully we win this one.
Fatboy Thaddeus
TX_Aggie37 said:

This is a game that past Aggie teams would lose. Hopefully we win this one.
979BTXAG
AG
I how we play the 1 of few times they're actually good
StinkyPinky
AG
$3 Sack of Groceries said:

This. Place has become unbearable. Feels like a middle school cafeteria anymore.
NoahAg
StinkyPinky said:

$3 Sack of Groceries said:

This. Place has become unbearable. Feels like a middle school cafeteria anymore.
You must be new here.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.