Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Non-Aggiest play of the game

1,552 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
Farmer_J
How long do you want to ignore this user?
5 min left in the 4th
Ball on the Aggie 1 yard line, after a perfect punt by Arky

Do we play conservative and run it up the middle to give our punter a little room ? Hell No

Reed rolls out and throws a bullet for a 10 yard completion, and a 1st down. Nail in the coffin. Stuns Arky and the next play Moss rips one off for 30. Game over.

This is a different team.
Papa Joe
AG
Yes, this is a different team!
Improving every week!
Quad Dog
AG
Good play call. Roll the QB out give him the option to run for 3, throw for 10, or be outside the tackle box to throw it away and then run it up the middle on 2nd down.
Ginormus Ag
AG
And, Reed put it where it couldn't be picked off.
jp95
AG
Agree. For the first time in a while I feel like much more intelligent decisions are being made.
bellctyag
Good Call, I agree most Non-Aggiest play

It's getting a little more fun every week.
Muy
AG
That was the key play to winning this game. Jimbo would have called a timeout then handed the ball off deep in the end zone for a safety.
Aston04
AG
Quad Dog said:

Good play call. Roll the QB out give him the option to run for 3, throw for 10, or be outside the tackle box to throw it away and then run it up the middle on 2nd down.
I don't understand why we don't do more play action and roll outs for Reed. He is more effective that way.
rootube
AG
Muy said:

That was the key play to winning this game. Jimbo would have called a timeout then handed the ball off deep in the end zone for a safety.

This is a little harsh but I don't miss the chronic issue of not getting the play in on time. Jimbo never figured that out.
Soother
AG
Muy said:

You forgot the delay of game after the time out.
Ian Neff
AG
Muy said:

I laughed for real. Truth is funny.
Farmer_J
Soother said:

Muy said:

Oh man I just had flashbacks. Every crucial 3rd down, not being able to get the play call in. Serious PTSD.
javiswavi
Agreed.

Love the play call. Excited that our QB can execute the play.
Matsui
AG
loved it
aeon-ag
Farmer_J said:

5 min left in the 4th

Do we play conservative and run it up the middle to give our punter a little room ? Hell No

Reed rolls out and throws a bullet for a 10 yard completion, and a 1st down. Nail in the coffin. Stuns Arky and the next play Moss rips one off for 30. Game over.

Reed? Wasn't Henderson in the game at that time.
Aggiest??!!
Sterling82
I've always believed the best play from that position is a deep throw off of play action on 1st down. To my surprise, I recall us doing that against ND in South Bend while in the lead. Hit the receiver in stride along the sideline where it was "caught! And…then…dropped". The resulting punt was blocked, we lost the lead and the game. Here, we cashed it in. Kudos to Klein for dialing it up and to the players for great execution. It was the winning play.
alexandertheok
Anyone else taste the sunshine? JK

When the offense clicks it's awesome. Hoping they continue to improve.
Moe 92
AG
Farmer_J said:

Soother said:

Muy said:

Oh man I just had flashbacks. Every crucial 3rd down, not being able to get the play call in. Serious PTSD.
Execution. Got to find a way to find the inches.
agwrestler
AG
rootube said:

Muy said:

This is a little harsh but I don't miss the chronic issue of not getting the play in on time. Jimbo never figured that out.

It takes me a while to order at Dennys too.
Moe 92
AG
agwrestler said:

rootube said:

Muy said:

It takes me a while to order at Dennys too.
God help you at Cheesecake Factory.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm pretty sure Jimbo was fired because he told Welsh you can't fire me.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Farmer_J said:

5 min left in the 4th

Noticed that as well. But per others on TA, we're still going to be at best 8-4.

I picked 10-2 prior to the season, and remain on that pick now. Now, I won't necessarily be surprised if we lose 1 additional game (LSU, South Carolina, tu) but until we get a second loss prior to Nov 30, I'm sticking with 10-2.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.