Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What people underestimate about us…

1,665 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by C@LAg
jturner181
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1. We are 38th in scoring defense, but have given other teams numerous more drives by comparison (a lot of 3 and outs by our offense).
2. When teams really need to score, they simply cannot… (late in games we are strong).
3. Outside of a busted play, it's been exceptionally difficult to maintain drives against us, especially when we hit our 40yr line.
4. We are getting stronger on DL each week; guys understand assignments and are wrecking havoc.
5. We are bringing the lumber… exceptionally hard hit after hit. Most of the skill players for Arkie limped off the field during that game.
6. We are tackling for turnovers… and with strength. No longer are we worried we can't get people on the ground, but we tackle one on one with ease (minus a couple exceptions).
7. Moss is just starting to hit his stride…
8. We've yet to turn our high end skill position players loose - 2, 7, TE's, etc.
9. We are rattling even quality QB's - Green last week got off one broken play for a TD, but the rest of the day he was running scared.
10. I've yet to see another unit in the SEC as tough as our DL… we are nasty, def wrecking crew tough.
Logos Stick
Good post

Think about this: we tore Green a new one. Dude had 6 yards on 13 carries. He averages almost 70 per game. We made him cough up a fumble too. Our defense is getting better every week.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
We skrong den.
texag101
jturner181 said:

1. We are 38th in scoring defense, but have given other teams numerous more drives by comparison (a lot of 3 and outs by our offense).
2. When teams really need to score, they simply cannot… (late in games we are strong).
3. Outside of a busted play, it's been exceptionally difficult to maintain drives against us, especially when we hit our 40yr line.
4. We are getting stronger on DL each week; guys understand assignments and are wrecking havoc.
5. We are bringing the lumber… exceptionally hard hit after hit. Most of the skill players for Arkie limped off the field during that game.
6. We are tackling for turnovers… and with strength. No longer are we worried we can't get people on the ground, but we tackle one on one with ease (minus a couple exceptions).
8. We've yet to turn our high end skill position players loose - 2, 7, TE's, etc.
9. We are rattling even quality QB's - Green last week got off one broken play for a TD, but the rest of the day he was running scared.
10. I've yet to see another unit in the SEC as tough as our DL… we are nasty, def wrecking crew tough.
This is so TexAgs. LOL
Aggie Dad 26
texag101 said:

jturner181 said:

This is so TexAgs. LOL

Username checks out
jaxisback
I think this is a pretty good post.

I also see us getting more disciplined in the front 7 with each passing game.
Stat Monitor Repairman
We due for a generational player.

LSU got this Durham guy that fits that bill.

Dude is a freshman.
harge57
AG
Maybe. But we still need to score some points. Either Reed gets way better or CW returns as the QB he was expected to be.
smeeeth
NeverSeenEmWin
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

We due for a generational player.

LSU got this Durham guy that fits that bill.

Dude is a freshman.

We had future hall of famer Von Miller, Johnny Manziel and future hall of famer Mike Evans, and Myles Garrett, for nine consecutive seasons from 2008-2016. In terms of major success, they combined to get us one really fun Cotton Bowl against Oklahoma.

It's not the generational players we're missing, it's maintaining and developing groups of key players. That's part of why I like Elko, he gives us a chance to build a deep team that can put together a great season someday.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
for how we play and our overall strategy i think tyler white has been a hidden gem for us. i know punter big deal but making a team drive the full length of the field is huge. he has done a nice job as a first year starter and he had a great game vs arky.
W
AG
jturner181 said:

an elite defensive line can dominate a game

by preventing the opposing offense from scoring...and setting up its own offense with great field position

both things happened in the Arkansas game

if a coach or fan had to pick one position group to be great -- d-line would be near the top of the list

probably only second to QB
Divining Rod
Boy, the trains DO run on time in College Station.
All aboard the hype train arriving on schedule at the end of September.

Since joining SEC:

Aug/Sept: 45-11

Oct/November: 45-37

jturner181
AG
We held a very good, very physical Arkansas team to 3 points in the second half… a team that has been great running the ball.

That's a major accomplishment and shows just how much Elko can adjust against a great offensive mind like Petrino.

I'm stoked when you breakdown what happened defensively. Yes we need to score more points and look sexier on offense, BUT Saban won a slew of championships with average offense and stellar defense.
AggieRingWielder
We can be a wildcard, play high mentality football while they think less of us.
WC94
AG
Ambien Giant since 39'. Put up or shut up.
C@LAg
Divining Rod said:

Boy, the trains DO run on time in College Station.
All aboard the hype train arriving on schedule at the end of September.

Since joining SEC:

Aug/Sept: 45-11

Oct/November: 45-37

obligatory

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.