Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It was the cleats.

3,055 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by WC94
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/09/29/change-shoes-changed-texas-ams-fortunes-win-over-arkansas/

Quote:

Saturday's matchup billed A&M's (4-1, 2-0 in SEC) eighth-ranked rushing offense against Arkansas' (3-2, 1-1 in SEC) running defense that ranked 14th in the nation. It provided Moss, A&M's feature back, a platform to prove he is a top-five rusher in the Southeastern Conference, entering with an average 88.5 yards per game.

For the occasion, he made a change to his typical wardrobe. He donned the same plain white cleats that was uniform for the rest of his teammates and took the field in Dallas Cowboys' home, seemly without any of his power.

Midway through the third quarter, Moss decided something needed to change. The next time he took the field, his neon cleats radiated, matching the vibrant mouth guard hanging from his face mask. It's the same combination he's worn for the majority of his carries this season, he said.

"I needed to do something," Moss said. "That's how I express myself, through my cleanest and changing colors and stuff… I changed them up, beginning of the third quarter, I changed them up and just went uphill from that."

Fashion police almost caused us to lose yesterday.
Double Diamond
Need to return to black shoes.
PyriteAg
AG
It's always funny to know that sport superstitions are rampant not just among fans but among players also.
Philip J Fry
AG
TexasAggiesWin
S
At the game yesterday, it was certainly noticeable. Some fans around us were wondering when he put those on.
carl spacklers hat
Le'Veon "Neon" Moss, FTMFW
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Do modern cleats/football shoes have a break in period? We're his traditional footwear more comfortable?
TAMUallen
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Do modern cleats/football shoes have a break in period? We're his traditional footwear more comfortable?

Comfort doesn't matter and most shoes don't need a break in time anymore since they aren't old leather cleats

I thought I saw flags at first with his new cleats
spherical
AG
TexasAggiesWin said:

At the game yesterday, it was certainly noticeable. Some fans around us were wondering when he put those on.

My first thought was… who did we grab off the depth chart that rattled off that big run… then I thought… how did I not notice his cleats all game?
JustisWalkert
AG

He switched to Oofos. They made him light in the loafers.
TexasAggiesWin
S
spherical said:

TexasAggiesWin said:

My first thought was… who did we grab off the depth chart that rattled off that big run… then I thought… how did I not notice his cleats all game?
HA! My first thought was, I guess I didn't notice Moss's cleats earlier in the game!
Demo_Slug
AG
Sooo we brought the wrong shoes?
bert harbinson
AG

How often do you look at a man's shoes?
Nino Brown
Le'Neon
Ag_EE_88
AG
When hill was flailing his arms trying to run after the receiver in the 1st qtr, it certainly seemed like he could have used different cleats.
WC94
AG
Few remeber the wet field of KKK Royal Stadium.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.