Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What is the real issue with CW? Mike Leach may have the answer

5,000 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TAMUallen
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How does an injury in game 1 that does not prevent you from playing in game 2 prevent you from missing game four?

Someone suggested a version of the old Mike Leach line a "your fat girlfriend" being the reason CW not playing right now.

Hungry Ojos
Elko just thinks Reed is better.

That's it.
20ag07
Or he aggravated it in game 2?

Is anything about that far-fetched?
infinity ag
I think Wiggy is fine and healthy. Elko just thinks Reed gives him a better chance of a Win.

He does not want Wiggy to look bad as if he got benched. It is better to say he is injured.
vander54
S
In all seriousness i think he wasn't 100% going into the ND game. He aggravated it durning ND game and it only got worse after McNesse.

Not uncommon with injuries
World's worst proofreader
jaxisback
The conspiracy theories are so much fun though.

I think Vander is correct. There's no 3-D chess going on to protect Connor's prospects or whatever.

I think his shoulder was bothering him going into the ND game. Maybe he concealed it from the coaches, maybe he thought it was just nagging and would loosen up. Likely the contact during the game made it worse, they treated it prior to McNeese and he was able to make it through a half.

I've seen him play a good amount and never seen anything like what he did in the Notre Dame game. Not in high school, not in any of his A&M games, not in practice and not in Spring scrimmages. He's always been the most accurate guy on the field every time I've ever seen him.

I hope he gets back to health. I'm very happy with the development of Marcel, but we need both guys. In the SEC you're much more likely to need 2 or even 3 QB's during the season than one. Also, I'd like to see both guys compete and gauge things off how the offense performs with each. I remain very confident that a healthy Weigman is one of the best QB's in the college game, but I agree, he needs to show it and he needs to exhibit the mental aptitude to be great.
JMR
S
jaxisback said:

I think Vander is correct. There's no 3-D chess going on to protect Connor's prospects or whatever.

I think his shoulder was bothering him going into the ND game. Maybe he concealed it from the coaches, maybe he thought it was just nagging and would loosen up. Likely the contact during the game made it worse, they treated it prior to McNeese and he was able to make it through a half.

I've seen him play a good amount and never seen anything like what he did in the Notre Dame game. Not in high school, not in any of his A&M games, not in practice and not in Spring scrimmages. He's always been the most accurate guy on the field every time I've ever seen him.

I hope he gets back to health. I'm very happy with the development of Marcel, but we need both guys. In the SEC you're much more likely to need 2 or even 3 QB's during the season than one. Also, I'd like to see both guys compete and gauge things off how the offense performs with each. I remain very confident that a healthy Weigman is one of the best QB's in the college game, but I agree, he needs to show it and he needs to exhibit the mental aptitude to be great.

Level headed view. May get burned at the stake here, but good take.
PyriteAg
AG
My biggest issue with the whole theory on Weigman being actually injured is that he started the first half of the McNeese game. Elko flat out said after the ND game that he was injured and yet he still played Weigman in the 2nd game?

In my opinion, either Weigman is healthy enough to play right now or he actually isn't and Elko and co recklessly decided to play him in the McNeese game.
90ags
The ghost of Mike Leach commenting on QBs...when will it ever end.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
vander54
S
PyriteAg said:

My biggest issue with the whole theory on Weigman being actually injured is that he started the first half of the McNeese game. Elko flat out said after the ND game that he was injured and yet he still played Weigman in the 2nd game?

In my opinion, either Weigman is healthy enough to play right now or he actually isn't and Elko and co recklessly decided to play him in the McNeese game.

You must be new to competitive sports
jt16
AG
jaxisback said:

Weigman's career completion percentage would put him at about 80th in all NCAA QBs for 2023 year. That's not exactly always the most accurate guy on the field.
PyriteAg
AG
vander54 said:

PyriteAg said:

I know some people are getting wild with the comments against Weigman, so I'll just let this slide and assume that you're just really annoyed with them.
vander54
S
PyriteAg said:

vander54 said:

PyriteAg said:

I know some people are getting wild with the comments against Weigman, so I'll just let this slide and assume that you're just really annoyed with them.

No I'm just really questioning your knowledge. Playing injured is extremely common and sometimes they try playing through the pain but have to shut it down after trying.
PyriteAg
AG
vander54 said:

PyriteAg said:

vander54 said:

PyriteAg said:

No I'm just really questioning your knowledge. Playing injured is extremely common and sometimes they try playing through the pain but have to shut it down after trying.
I still think it's reckless, and I'd rather Elko rested Weigman sooner than later because it was very clear he was far from 100% as many pointed out during the game.

I'm not saying your theory is wrong, and I wouldn't be surprised if you have more experience. But in the end, it's just a theory just like mine.

I enjoy your posts, even with opinions we disagree with. And I'd like to keep it that way.
Johnny Boyziel 2
AG
infinity ag said:

I think Wiggy is fine and healthy. Elko just thinks Reed gives him a better chance of a Win.

He does not want Wiggy to look bad as if he got benched. It is better to say he is injured.

So you think that Elko tells CW to not dress because he thinks Reed is better? Nothing surprises me anymore on this board.
TAMUallen
AG
What's the gf look like?
TAMUallen
AG
vander54 said:

PyriteAg said:

vander54 said:

PyriteAg said:

Concerning if our training staff didn't realize though
LB12Diamond
AG
It's interesting you brought up Mike Leach. My info says the reason he's not playing is bc he and Mike had something in common.
vander54
S
Eh. Could be Conner hid it well. Could be a million reasons they did or didn't know.
TAMUallen
AG
vander54 said:

Eh. Could be Conner hid it well. Could be a million reasons they did or didn't know.

No doubt but that just sets off alarm bells

I love a guy that's playing hard and muscling through stuff but when you aren't at the level to win, that's selfish. All hypothetical of course. Just wish coaches and staff would have known
BkYdPitmaster
AG
PyriteAg said:

Bold opinion.
PyriteAg
AG
TAMUallen said:

vander54 said:

I love a guy that's playing hard and muscling through stuff but when you aren't at the level to win, that's selfish. All hypothetical of course. Just wish coaches and staff would have known
Yup. Pretty much what I've been meaning to say.

In Weigman's defense though, ANY player who wants to play would fake their health. If this is what happened, though, then it's hard to see how Elko and co would not have spotted it in the middle of the ND game at least. And if they did know about it, then it would be extremely reckless of them to put Weigman out there with the potential of getting hurt even more.

Which would be what happened if Weigman actually did fake his health before the ND game.
TAMUallen
AG
PyriteAg said:

TAMUallen said:

vander54 said:

In Weigman's defense though, ANY player who wants to play would fake their health. If this is what happened, though, then it's hard to see how Elko and co would not have spotted it in the middle of the ND game at least. And if they did know about it, then it would be extremely reckless of them to put Weigman out there with the potential of getting hurt even more.

Which would be what happened if Weigman actually did fake his health before the ND game.

I see it one of three ways.

A) he was hurt and hid it

B) he was babied and exalted without much of a challenge to develop

C) he's not good and our staff either missed completely on this or more scary, he's the best option
PyriteAg
AG
TAMUallen said:

PyriteAg said:

TAMUallen said:

vander54 said:

I see it one of three ways.

A) he was hurt and hid it

B) he was babied and exalted without much of a challenge to develop

C) he's not good and our staff either missed completely on this or more scary, he's the best option
Honestly, I'm hoping my opinion is changed through the Mizzou game, but I think we're royally screwed in the offense. Weigman was good but can't stay healthy, Reed is very disappointing right now, and Henderson somehow lost to both of them.

In hindsight, Elko probably should have looked for a transfer QB while he was shopping in the portal, but right now, our offense is probably heading straight for the iceberg this season. Some would even say we already hit it, but who can argue?
vander54
S
TAMUallen said:

vander54 said:

Not really
LB12Diamond
AG
None of those bud.
TAMUallen
AG
vander54 said:

TAMUallen said:

vander54 said:

Not really

Not really to what? Being to hurt to play and that being selfish? Because it is
TAMUallen
AG
LB12Diamond said:

None of those bud.

Alright, bud, will you contribute or do you want to play better than thou?

Or oh sheesh, were you saying it was Mary Jane bud?

Getting hard to keep up with the possible reasons for failure haha
vander54
S
TAMUallen said:

vander54 said:

TAMUallen said:

vander54 said:

Not really

Not really to what? Being to hurt to play and that being selfish? Because it is

Lol
Agvet12
AG
We won't see him until after the bye week, he'll dress up at home because we don't lose anything by dressing him as the home team
one safe place
TAMUallen said:

What's the gf look like?
I don't know but hopefully she doesn't call him "Wiggy." Such a horrid nickname.
Farmer_J
vander54 said:

Could be cause he's not getting hit in practice. Or afraid to get hit in practice.
vander54
S
If he's ready you dress him and the State game would be a great game for him to make a return.
Muy
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Elko just thinks Reed is better.

That's it.

Conner wasn't suited up. Guarantee this is either a season-ending injury or he's back by November.
Muy
AG
PyriteAg said:

Or Conner is a gamer deep down and said "I'm good!" but in the end just couldn't overcome the pain.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.