Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dropped out the AP and got ZERO votes.

12,878 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 40 min ago by tjack16
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It will all take care of itself one way or the other . Keep winning close games or blowouts week in and week out and we will get in the playoffs. 11-1 with victories over tu , Mizzou, LSU and Scar would be plenty enough . Even 10-2 with a close loss to a good team and we could very well be in . Probably wouldn't get in at 9-3 but would still be ahead of schedule as long as there are no Blowout losses. 8 & 4 , well that's how the joke goes but still not the end of the world in Yr 1 and go get busy is the portal.
TAMUallen
AG
TowerAg90 said:

Who cares. Keep winning. Get your mind off the polls.

Such an idiotic take.

The polls matter.

They matter and will have an effect when the playoff polls come out.
TAMUallen
AG
halfastros81 said:

It will all take care of itself one way or the other . Keep winning close games or blowouts week in and week out and we will get in the playoffs. 11-1 with victories over tu , Mizzou, LSU and Scar would be plenty enough . Even 10-2 with a close loss to a good team and we could very well be in . Probably wouldn't get in at 9-3 but would still be ahead of schedule as long as there are no Blowout losses. 8 & 4 , well that's how the joke goes but still not the end of the world in Yr 1 and go get busy is the portal.

Really all depends on where everybody else is ranked and how far we fall if we lose again, so the polls all matter
halfastros81
AG
They matter in about 4 weeks
TAMUallen
AG
halfastros81 said:

Oh don't be so shortsighted

How does everyone forget of us getting screwed before?
halfastros81
AG
Whatever . Too many moving parts to even project at this point .
PyriteAg
AG
TAMUallen said:

halfastros81 said:

Oh don't be so shortsighted

How does everyone forget of us getting screwed before?
The 2020 incident just magically disappeared from most of our minds.
TAMUallen
AG
halfastros81 said:

Whatever . Too many moving parts to even project at this point .

There always are but we need the best rankings possible each week no matter what. If we aren't going to finish playoff level, it doesn't matter. But quit being content with ****ty rankings since we aren't a media darling
20ag07
2 things:

1)The CFP rankings have frequently deviated from the AP/Coaches polls, and those 2 typically come in line with the CFP initial rankings.

2)What do you expect to be done about it? Whining online doesn't change anything.
halfastros81
AG
The one thing i know beyond any doubt is my or your "contentment " with a ranking doesn't matter in the slightest. Arguments will be made a month from now that might matter but it's just a waste of time now . Even then there will be plenty of moving parts to still be sorted out
TAMUallen
AG
20ag07 said:

2 things:

1)The CFP rankings have frequently deviated from the AP/Coaches polls, and those 2 typically come in line with the CFP initial rankings.

2)What do you expect to be done about it? Whining online doesn't change anything.

Tell me wise oracle, are you satisfied with a 4 place deviation between the two existing polls? Should I listen to you more about not whining?
20ag07
Yes- because one is filled out by SIDs under the guise that it's coaches.

And the other is filled out by writers.

And neither of them matters, especially in week 4.

And whining will change none of those things.

Just like me explaining clear logic and pointing out your factual mistakes won't change your whining.
ag_eet
AG
One Texas team allowed don you know.
angus55
Like Al said. Just WIN baby. The rest takes care of itself.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Baron de Bastrop
AG
Although I rarely post about polls, I don't understand why Aggies complain when others do. And just because early polls don't matter as much as late season championship bracket polls, the early polls still absolutely matter.

When you are outside of the top 20 in the early polls, you don't get publicity from ESPN and other outlets. The further out you are, the longer it takes before you get pub.

And the more you are outside, the less people who vote make a point to look at you.

The higher the ranking you are as a 1-loss team (or any team), the more easily you can absorb a future loss and remain ranked and relevant.

Anyway, I get that the polls are not all-important, but they do matter and it absolutely matters in a bad way that the Aggies are ranked behind, say, Louisville, or that OU is ranked so high despite our comparative records, etc.

Yes win out and who cares, but almost none of the 7-12 teams in the playoffs are going to win out, so polls will matter...
aglaes
AG
TAMUallen said:

TowerAg90 said:

Who cares. Keep winning. Get your mind off the polls.

Such an idiotic take.

The polls matter.

They matter and will have an effect when the playoff polls come out.

Aggies will have to win at least 5 of the last 7 games to maybe have a shot at the playoffs. Win 6 of 7 and I think we are in. For this team that will be a tall task.

Just keep winning.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
harge57 said:

I've watched at least one game of pretty much every team above us. They all look like better teams.
Really? Think back to 2020 when we.opened the season with a.lackluster win over Vandy. Yeah, different players, but Vandy took top 10 Missouri to OT a couple weeks ago. Or is it only A&M that must look awesome 100% of the time?
infinity ag
Confused
TAMUallen
AG
Baron de Bastrop said:

Although I rarely post about polls, I don't understand why Aggies complain when others do. And just because early polls don't matter as much as late season championship bracket polls, the early polls still absolutely matter.

When you are outside of the top 20 in the early polls, you don't get publicity from ESPN and other outlets. The further out you are, the longer it takes before you get pub.

And the more you are outside, the less people who vote make a point to look at you.

The higher the ranking you are as a 1-loss team (or any team), the more easily you can absorb a future loss and remain ranked and relevant.

Anyway, I get that the polls are not all-important, but they do matter and it absolutely matters in a bad way that the Aggies are ranked behind, say, Louisville, or that OU is ranked so high despite our comparative records, etc.

Yes win out and who cares, but almost none of the 7-12 teams in the playoffs are going to win out, so polls will matter...

This. We absolutely need to win but to be so stupid as saying the polls don't matter is just... I don't know.. is that Aggie? Because we don't know what it's like to be ranked well and stay there?
Pumpkinhead
AG
I am not going to starting seriously thinking playoffs unless we win the next 3 (Mizzou, Mist Stste, LSU) to get to 7-1. They do that, I will start poll watching and getting cautiously optimistic.

That is still a big ask and challenge to win the next three.
Southlake
This has been a cringy team to watch. Very inconsistent. Lucky to be in the polls at all.

Beat Mizzou and we will be legitimate. Honestly doubt we'll score more than 10 against them tho…
"Real skill comes without effort" - Mu Bai
EliteZags
AG
SunrayAg said:

Some of y'all need to do less day drinking…
Zachary Klement
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

How do you win and drop?
It's as simple as this:

We got passed by Indiana, who is undefeated and has looked rather impressive, while we've looked rather sloppy.

If we win impressively, we always expect to jump other teams who also won.

I have no problem with an undefeated team jumping us for a week. Especially considering it's all irrelevant at this point anyway.
Yeah you just gotta bump up Indiana after they whooped up on an FCS team! Mighty impressive win over the Western Illinois Leathernecks!
20ag07
Whooping up on Maryland (which they did this weekend to move to 5-0) and UCLA, who are on par with Arky (who we were sweating it out to beat) is certainly worthy of consideration.
Zachary Klement
AG
20ag07 said:

Whooping up on Maryland (which they did this weekend to move to 5-0) and UCLA, who are on par with Arky (who we were sweating it out to beat) is certainly worthy of consideration.
I don't buy 1-3 UCLA being on par with 3-2 Arkansas.

I don't buy Maryland being on par with Arkansas either with their wins over Villanova, Virginia, and UConn?

Indiana's other wins are against Charlotte, Florida International, and Western Illinois?

It was stupid of us to schedule ND when we get penalized for losing that when others get praised for beating high school teams.
20ag07
We scheduled McNeese and Bowling Green.

We'd rather sell out season tickets than give a **** who is ranked #24 or 25 in week 4.

Well, most of us who actually go to games would.
Maroon Flash
AG
Don't worry. Just beat Missouri.
Maroon Flash
TAMUallen
AG
Faustus
taylorswift13_ said:

Ole Miss stays 12 with their best win being one win wake forest

Ole Miss still plays OU and Georgia as well as the rest of the SEC gauntlet. They can still drop one more and possibly make the playoffs.

It will be interesting to see if one loss Big 12 or ACC teams make it over the two loss SEC and BIG teams, and whether losing a conference championship game hurts the runner up vs the one loss teams that dodge the extra game.
Bad Poster
rootube said:

Why do we do this every year? We are in the SEC. We have plenty of chances to move up. We play Missouri next week and we will either win and start getting national attention or we will lose and we can quietly stop complaining about our ranking.

The whole win and youre in narrative died in 2020 and moreso last year with fsu.
Artimus Gordon
AG
We can all thank CW for this ridiculous discussion. Had we had even a halfway serviceable performance out of the QB position we stood a very good chance of beating ND. The stage was set but CW was a complete no show.

As we are seeing now with the polls, CW cost us a lot. We don't deserve to be quibbling about the polls on the last day of September. It's going to take winning out in October to overcome the deficit created by the loss of the ND game.
WC94
AG
It ain't like it used to be! Actually, it is exclactly like it used to be.... Mom's spaghetti, we missed our opportunity.
tjack16
AG
Win Saturday and we will be ranked

Also the AP poll doesn't matter and will be pointless in about 4 weeks when the CFP poll comes out

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.