Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dropped out the AP and got ZERO votes.

12,864 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 38 min ago by tjack16
HoustonAggie427
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How do you win and drop?
13B
harge57 said:

I've watched at least one game of pretty much every team above us. They all look like better teams.
So, you think we couldn't beat Iowa State, Boise State, Louisville, Indiana and Illinois? And that UNLV is on par with us? Okay.
rootube
AG
Why do we do this every year? We are in the SEC. We have plenty of chances to move up. We play Missouri next week and we will either win and start getting national attention or we will lose and we can quietly stop complaining about our ranking.
Admiral Nelson
FarmersFight95 said:

So we win against an SEC opponent, but drop in the rankings? Got it.

Guess the sips did too.
Yes, they dropped a spot as well. Despite winning their first SEC game, as Alabama beat Georgia
TXAG 05
AG
HoustonAggie427 said:

How do you win and drop?

You win but continue to be unimpressive
Ag Tag
HoustonAggie427 said:

How do you win and drop?
I guess it depends on what all of the other teams do.
riverrataggie
AG
FarmersFight95 said:

Guess the sips did too.

What I find odd is Oklahoma beat auburn with a pick six, otherwise good chance they lose. They move up two spots. The same auburn team that lost to Arkansas the week prior.

Just saying.

And I agree. Just win.
Leander - Ag
AG
Who cares. Just win
Aggie Dad 26
riverrataggie said:

FarmersFight95 said:

Guess the sips did too.

What I find odd is Oklahoma beat auburn with a pick six, otherwise good chance they lose. They move up two spots. The same auburn team that lost to Arkansas the week prior.

Just saying.

And I agree. Just win.

They're preparing for the RRR. Gotta have both teams ranked well
harge57
AG
13B said:

harge57 said:

I've watched at least one game of pretty much every team above us. They all look like better teams.
So, you think we couldn't beat Iowa State, Boise State, Louisville, Indiana and Illinois? And that UNLV is on par with us? Okay.

Correct. And that is also what the non biased average CFB analyst thinks too.

Boise State may have the best player in CFB on their team.

Illinois is playing at a high level, and showed out against Nebraska, but had some bad turnover luck vs penn state.
PatAg
AG
55-99 said:

What have you seen on the field against a quality opponent that made you think we should be in the top 25? I'm not saying we aren't better than a few teams in the top 25. I am saying those are not the top 25 and we are also not top 25 right now. We may be before the end of the season, but I don't think we are not right now.
Try watching other games of the other top 25...we're good enough, lol
Cheyenne Bodie
Jim Hogg is angry said:

Which 19 people think the sips are the best team in the country? They scored a garbage TD with 3 minutes left, as Mississippi State was within 2 touchdowns late in the game (Arch and the first stringers played the whole game). Michigan barely won yesterday, which is the sips season defining win to date.
You saw Alabama up 14-13 over USF, in Tuscaloosa, 5 minutes into the 4th quarter, right?
TAMUallen
AG
Leander - Ag said:

Who cares. Just win

Idk have we been left out before when we shouldn't have been?

Fight for your team with this crap don't just sit back and say well... that's how it is
BigSneezy
HoustonAggie427 said:

How do you win and drop?

Because they are selling clicks and not journalists?
Cheyenne Bodie
BigSneezy said:

HoustonAggie427 said:

How do you win and drop?

Does that apply to Texas dropping after a win or just to A&M?
texAZtea
AG
SunrayAg said:

Some of y'all need to do less day drinking…

I need to do more. My therapist even said so.
BigSneezy
Cheyenne Bodie said:

BigSneezy said:

HoustonAggie427 said:

How do you win and drop?

I'm just spitballing here, but Bama going up might have something to do with them beating the number two team. I know the horns won, and we are supposed to love them and all. But Bama did beat the number two team in the nation.
20ag07
Quote:

How do you win and drop?
It's as simple as this:

We got passed by Indiana, who is undefeated and has looked rather impressive, while we've looked rather sloppy.

If we win impressively, we always expect to jump other teams who also won.

I have no problem with an undefeated team jumping us for a week. Especially considering it's all irrelevant at this point anyway.
Cheyenne Bodie
BigSneezy said:

Cheyenne Bodie said:

BigSneezy said:

HoustonAggie427 said:

How do you win and drop?

I'm just spitballing here, but Bama going up might have something to do with them beating the number two team. I know the horns won, and we are supposed to love them and all. But Bama did beat the number two team in the nation.
So they beat a team that wasn't ranked as highly as Texas and that made them better than Texas?

The polls won't end up mattering much, but the same kind of thinking applies to teams near the bottom of the poll accumulating more votes due to their perceived performance, which pushed down A&M.
WC94
AG
This reminds me of being a Spurs fan and getting jobbed year after year. We just have to blow the doors off this bitxch. We need TD to transfer in the portal.
20ag07
The polls aren't supposed to be using last week as a proxy for this week.

We all know they do, but they aren't supposed to. It's supposed to be "who are your top 25 teams today?".

So it's very easy to say after last night "Bama is now my #1 team". "And A&M is only #25."
Joes
It's just astonishing. I made a long post this morning on the other poll thread about how crazy it is that so many football fans don't seem to have a clue that the polls are relative and here we are with so many proving me right.

The games aren't played in a vacuum. The polls are RELATIVE. If you only watch your own team and can't understand how you can sometimes not move at all with a win and other times jump up a bunch of spots without even playing then you have tunnel vision when it comes to the sport.

With any given result your team might move 12 spots, or 2 spots, or not at all depending on how everyone else does. And yes, it makes total sense because it's relative, How are people still not seeing that?
Cheyenne Bodie
20ag07 said:

The polls aren't supposed to be using last week as a proxy for this week.

We all know they do, but they aren't supposed to. It's supposed to be "who are your top 25 teams today?".

So it's very easy to say after last night "Bama is now my #1 team". "And A&M is only #25."
What do you mean "they aren't supposed to"?

What makes your top 25 teams "today" includes previous performance or each fresh top 25 will have only winners from that week.
Commander Gorn
AG
How does Boise State move up 4 spots to 21 for beating Washington State at home, but we drop out for SEC win at neutral site? Journalists are tards, but that's nothing new
20ag07
Quote:

What makes your top 25 teams "today" includes previous performance or each fresh top 25 will have only winners from that week.
RANKING from last week.

Obviously they are supposed to absolutely use the body of work.

But they aren't supposed to say "this team was ranked here last week", therefore that impacts where they are ranked this week.

They do. But that's not how it's supposed to work.

Which is how the CFP does it.
20ag07
Quote:

How does Boise State move up 4 spots to 21 for beating Washington State at home, but we drop out for SEC win at neutral site?
Because they won commandingly by 21 points.

And Arky was driving for the win with 1:21 left to go until we got a fumble.

And we didn't drop out. We moved down one whole whopping slot.
Cheyenne Bodie
20ag07 said:

Quote:

RANKING from last week.

Obviously they are supposed to absolutely use the body of work.

But they aren't supposed to say "this team was ranked here last week", therefore that impacts where they are ranked this week.

They do. But that's not how it's supposed to work.

Which is how the CFP does it.
Interesting theory, but it doesn't seem to be much different from how the polls do it, except for Travis's injury.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2023/11/1/wk-x-wk-rankings-2023.aspx
20ag07
If you look at it, by the way, we moved UP in points. 77 points last week.

122 this week.

Some of the votes from upper teams that moved down just didn't go to us.

But more voters had us higher this week than last week.
13B
harge57 said:

13B said:

harge57 said:

Correct. And that is also what the non biased average CFB analyst thinks too.

Boise State may have the best player in CFB on their team. I realize they played Oregon extremely close but who else have they played? You do realize teams play with 11 players on each side of the ball?

Illinois is playing at a high level, and showed out against Nebraska, but had some bad turnover luck vs penn state. Have you looked at who the Illini have played? I'm not sold on Nebraska either (though I believe they have improved), the same Penn State that barely beat GB just like us?
While I am not necessarily advocating for a higher or lower ranking, I do believe you are operating on faulty logic. See bolded section.
ahou614
AG
hedge said:

Good, focus on the games who cares about ranking. Just win
How did that mentality work for us in 2020 when we did just that?
20ag07
Quote:

How did that mentality work for us in 2020 when we did just that?
So what would you like to happen instead?

People to angrily Tweet and email APvoters?

Because that sure has shown to be effective e.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
A perfect example of how jacked these rankings are.

Louisville (3-1) at #21. One loss is ND. Their three wins: GT, Austin Peay and Jax State.

A&M (4-1) at #25. One loss is ND. Four wins: Florida, Arkansas, BG and McNeese

So both have lost to ND, but the Ags have played an additional game and have an additional power 5 win.
Beezy2389
AG
The "who cares? Just win" group is going to be really disappointed when A&M gets left out of anything meaningful because of how we look. This isn't divisions anymore, resume goes beyond wins-losses.
Tex117
AG
Beezy2389 said:

The "who cares? Just win" group is going to be really disappointed when A&M gets left out of anything meaningful because of how we look. This isn't divisions anymore, resume goes beyond wins-losses.
please dude. If ATM won their remaining games, they would be in the playoff.

Now, a two loss ATM team… that becomes more interesting.

But let's come down to earth… none of that is going to be a concern this year.

(Ags typically get a little bit of a bump just by name alone. Not as much as Texas or Notre Dame… but some)
TowerAg90
AG
Who cares. Keep winning. Get your mind off the polls.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.