Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Spav ****ed up (from the other site but not behind a paywall)

4,798 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by spherical
S.A. Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moving on.
one safe place
Kyler is the type who would have found something to whine about, one way or the other.
Aggie Dad 26
Eliminatus said:

Fleen said:

Quote:

He threw for more than 4,000 yards and 42 touchdowns in the 2018 regular season, and rushed for over 1,000 yards and 12 rushing touchdowns. In December 2018, Murray won the Heisman Trophy as the best collegiate football player in the country...

But at least we didn't have to put up with his "attitude".

Kid was cocky and confident in his ability, just wanted to play football... We had a second jff in our QB room but we "didn't like his attitude"...

No ***** We are charmin soft. National championship teams have near felons on their teams and we boohoo over prissy 5 stars?

We were never SEC ready.

It's true.

And also true that if I said it I'd be "trolling"

Ags are too worried about their self perceived image and what others think of them
Ag1188
AG
Kyler sounds like an entitled infant.

Aggie Dad 26
Ag1188 said:

Kyler sounds like an entitled infant.

He was and still is. It's why he's not as popular as he could be at the NFL level
Tergdor
AG
Citizen Reign said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Spav made tons of mistakes and mishandled the whole thing, but I don't read those quotes and think Spav is the one that caused that problem.

You have a true fish telling his OC F you when the OC tells him to go back in?

Again, no doubt that Spav messed this whole thing up, but these quotes don't tell that story, IMO.
Spav is the coach and the adult.
They were both adults. Stop infantilizing college students.

Both handled this poorly. In fact, the only person who handled the entire situation correctly is Kyle Allen.
Fatboy Thaddeus
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Rec said:

Kyler was and still is a stat machine and Kyle was an interception machine in college and a career backup in the NFL. Kyle should have been #2.

Blame whoever you want for this, cause obviously he did well at OU, but Kyler was not a good football player as a freshman at A&M.
Agree with this. You have to account for how the situation here & xfer to 0u affected Kyler. He very likely matured a lot (at our expense, and due to our clusterhood) in that offseason.
AG
Kyler is a great player but a prima Donna little *****.
greg.w.h
AG
1939 said:

I am not sure but the two might not be mutually exclusive…
Rebbasser
AG
greg.w.h said:

I'm not sure whether knowing more about the situation matters. It was beyond idiotic all that happened. Sumlin was head coach and eventually was fired because of it. Problem solved.

Not exactly. We brought in Jimbo....
Old Army '83
TyperWoods
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Eliminatus said:

Fleen said:

Quote:

He threw for more than 4,000 yards and 42 touchdowns in the 2018 regular season, and rushed for over 1,000 yards and 12 rushing touchdowns. In December 2018, Murray won the Heisman Trophy as the best collegiate football player in the country...

Kid was cocky and confident in his ability, just wanted to play football... We had a second jff in our QB room but we "didn't like his attitude"...

No ***** We are charmin soft. National championship teams have near felons on their teams and we boohoo over prissy 5 stars?

We were never SEC ready.

It's true.

Ags are too worried about their self perceived image and what others think of them

Wahhh wahhhh

Applause though for whining about what is thought about you, and then in the same post saying Aggies are too worried about what others think.

That's top level irony.
Aggie Dad 26
1939 said:

His ****ty attitude comes from his father. I'll never get his recruiting/commitment announcement erased from memory. It was awkward and obvious how much of an entitled little S*** he was.
Aggie Dad 26
TyperWoods said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Eliminatus said:

Fleen said:

Quote:

We were never SEC ready.

It's true.

Wahhh wahhhh

Applause though for whining about what is thought about you, and then in the same post saying Aggies are too worried about what others think.

That's top level irony.

Dude, it should be pretty obvious that I don't care what people think about me. I think I'm the only person here who's spammed their personal Pic in the Zoo
greg.w.h
AG
Rebbasser said:

greg.w.h said:

I'm not sure whether knowing more about the situation matters. It was beyond idiotic all that happened. Sumlin was head coach and eventually was fired because of it. Problem solved.

Not exactly. We brought in Jimbo....
The Jimbo hire was a Hail Mary like Sherrill. Had best season since 1939. And showed we can recruit top level. That's like bringing in Schloss. We need to view coaching as having quick if not immediate impact. Jimbo claimed he had a process during his interview hinting he was not just of Saban's coaching tree but like Nick. That was what he didn't bring.
DGrimesAg92
jc100 said:

Geez what a cluster

We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we.
greg.w.h
AG
DGrimesAg92 said:

jc100 said:

Geez what a cluster

We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we.
Stop the self-loathing. We aren't jokes that we sell to ourselves in our bookstores.
TyperWoods
Aggie Dad 26 said:

TyperWoods said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Eliminatus said:

Fleen said:

Quote:

We were never SEC ready.

It's true.

Wahhh wahhhh

That's top level irony.

Dude, it should be pretty obvious that I don't care what people think about me. I think I'm the only person here who's spammed their personal Pic in the Zoo

If you don't care, it sure is ironic you whined about it in the first post, and responded in such a manner to me pointing it out in this one. ROTFLMAO
Aggie Dad 26
TyperWoods said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

TyperWoods said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Eliminatus said:

Fleen said:

Quote:

We were never SEC ready.

It's true.

Wahhh wahhhh

That's top level irony.

If you don't care, it sure is ironic you whined about it in the first post, and responded in such a manner to me pointing it out in this one. ROTFLMAO

"Sumlin has lost control of the quarterback room"
Followed by agreeing that A&M doesn't have felons on their teams like the bluebloods typically do.

Ok man, enjoy your football Saturday and BTHO Arkansas
W
AG
bottomline...Sumlin got some of his coaching hires right...like Kingsbury and Terry Price

he also got some of them wrong. Spavital was 28 years old when he was hired in 2013

did not have enough coaching experience to deal with a QB controversy
spherical
AG
SBISA Victim said:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/article/kyler-murray-transferred-to-oklahoma-after-profanity-laced-argument-with-ex-texas-am-oc-jake-spavital-236977076/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2kSo8v-6fEZr7K-flkDxQtfwQOMspJ_K-XcsKPaRYIAYAPojw-wIktmeI_aem_njUwvfu3w1FVPqegcgDAQA

From Daylon Mack

Quote:

Allen sat the next game against South Carolina with injury and racked up 379 yards and two touchdowns but got hurt in a tough, three-interception outing against Auburn the following week. Spavital sent him to the bench for the rest of the regular season…

Am I the only one bum fuzzled by this sentence? How did he rack up 379 yards and two tds against SC while sitting on the bench with an injury? Only to be sat on the bench after getting hurt against auburn?
Keith70Chevelle
Doing what we do. Recruit top talent to only get nothing out of them.
Bryanisbest
AG
Shoefly!
AG
94chem said:

I also learned that Pat Olsen knew Babe Ruth.

I wonder if Pat partied like the Babe?
PatAg
AG
SBISA Victim said:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/article/kyler-murray-transferred-to-oklahoma-after-profanity-laced-argument-with-ex-texas-am-oc-jake-spavital-236977076/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2kSo8v-6fEZr7K-flkDxQtfwQOMspJ_K-XcsKPaRYIAYAPojw-wIktmeI_aem_njUwvfu3w1FVPqegcgDAQA

From Daylon Mack

Quote:

Former Texas A&M defensive lineman Daylon Mack revealed a profanity-laced argument between quarterback Kyler Murray and offensive coordinator Jack Spavital during the 2015 season marked the beginning of the end for the future Heisman Trophy winner's career in College Station. Murray rated as the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback in the class of 2015 but started his freshman season behind fellow five-star Kyle Allen on the depth chart. Spavital's juggling of the quarterbacks in a Week 7 loss to Alabama at home that season spurred an outburst from Murray, according to Mack.

"Kyle Allen throws three pick-sixes in the Alabama game," Mack said this week. "That is some s*** you can't even do on Madden. We could have won that game. After his first two pick-sixes, they put Kyler in. Kyler gets into the game and throws a pick. They take Kyler out of the game and Kyle back in. Kyle throws another pick-six. They go back to Kyler, and Kyler tells (OC) Jake Spavital, 'F*** you, I don't want to play for you.'"

Mack roomed with Murray his freshman season and said the quarterback confided in him about the argument after the game. "After the game, we get back to the room," Mack said. "I am chilling with Kyler. Nobody knew of [the outburst] when it happened. Kyler said, 'Hey, did you hear what happened? I told Spav, 'F*** you. I don't want to play for you.' I asked him why he said that. He said, 'Kyle s*** the bed. I'm supposed to be able to come in and finish the game. He s*** the bed.' I always thought Kyler was the better player. He was a Johnny (Manziel) clone."

Mack revealed that Allen got hurt in the Alabama game and it factored into a career-worst performance at Ole Miss the following week. Allen completed 12-of-34 passes for 88 yards, no touchdowns and an interception in a 23-3 loss to the Rebels. Murray never got a chance to play, as he was punished for his outburst the week before, Mack said. "Allen went 12-of-34 in the loss at Ole Miss the next week, and everybody was wondering why Kyler couldn't get in the game," Mack said. "He was on punishment."

Allen sat the next game against South Carolina with injury and racked up 379 yards and two touchdowns but got hurt in a tough, three-interception outing against Auburn the following week. Spavital sent him to the bench for the rest of the regular season, a move that later spurred Murray to transfer to Oklahoma after the season. "Kyler balled out against South Carolina but got hurt the following game against Auburn," Mack said. "They put Kyle Allen back in, and he started balling out and doing better than Kyler. They let Kyle finish the season out. It was very bad. Spav completely ruined the situation. Kyler was pissed. Kyle announced his transfer first, and Coach (Kevin) Sumlin told Kyler he was the starting quarterback. Kyler said, 'No, I don't want a handout. Don't try to put me in now just because Kyle is leaving. Now, I'm also going to leave.' That situation got ruined really bad. It was very bad. They were very unfair to Kyler."

Kyler was a primadonna baby
TyperWoods
Aggie Dad 26 said:

TyperWoods said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

TyperWoods said:

Aggie Dad 26 said:

Eliminatus said:

Fleen said:

Quote:

We were never SEC ready.

It's true.

Wahhh wahhhh

That's top level irony.

"Sumlin has lost control of the quarterback room"
Followed by agreeing that A&M doesn't have felons on their teams like the bluebloods typically do.

Ok man, enjoy your football Saturday and BTHO Arkansas

You seem unable to comprehend basics.

The things you quoted I never said.

PLEASE......

START caring about what others think do you will STFU.

I hate humiliating insecure people.
spherical
AG
TyperWoods said:

What.
Aggie Dad 26
He's having a bad day
Pepe SiIvia
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

all i need to know about kyler murray is the baseball team took his **** and put it outside the locker room. thu didn't want his ass to walk in the facility again. spav and sumlin could have handled it better in hindsight but kyler murray is an entitled *****. they, including the great kevin murray were All part of the problem.
And yet, he went ninth overall in the MLB draft and is one of the highest paid QBs in the NFL. Maybe A&M's ability to ruin a wet dream was the problem?
TyperWoods
spherical said:

TyperWoods said:

What.

So, not do.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
It's a horribly written article. Probably AI generated for most of it and not checked.

KM played against SC and did very well. The next week at Auburn he got beat up pretty good and left with an injury.
Craigy
Emilio Fantastico said:

The thing about the article that is completely glossed over is the pick sixes against Bama. Sure, Allen threw the picks but they were all in the middle of the field and were returned at least 40 yards. The article makes it sound like he was hanging the ball out to dry in the flat giving up easy pick sixes. If anyone on the offense gave a ****, they would've made a tackle and prevented the TDs.

Sumlin teams were notorious for being full of quit.
Watch again. Kyle hit those bioches in stride
spherical
AG
cupcakesprinkles said:

It's a horribly written article. Probably AI generated for most of it and not checked.

KM played against SC and did very well. The next week at Auburn he got beat up pretty good and left with an injury.

Thank you.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.