Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Opponents are 14/48 on 3rd downs this year

1,787 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Bryant03
Tobias Funke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So that's a very bright spot!

Thats all I got. A win is better than a loss.
PyriteAg
AG
So the actual question we should ask is not "Who's better" but rather "Who sucks more".
PyriteAg
AG
But yes. It's much better for the team to lick their wounds and get their stuff together after a bad win than after a loss. We've had worse games before.

BTHOpigs
halfastros81
AG
The defense has been ok for most of every game but they give up a few huge chunk plays on occasion. Against ND it may have cost us the game altho you do have to score more than 13 points to win most of the time. Against BG it made it a game in q4. I think it's not unreasonable to say the defense has played well enough for us to be 4-0 tho but there are some concerns to be sure. Inability to cover when you know who the targets are going to be against BG being at the top of my concern list .

They have been pretty good at getting the other team off the field for the most part and the 3rd down conversion rate shows it.

The stat line as far as total defense has been impacted by us playing lots of inexperienced players in the 2nd half against McNeese and Florida . I don't have a problem with that . You need to develop players and there's no experience like game experience . The coaches also need to know who can do what when the game Is on the line. I think it's smart to let younger guys play in games that are not in question.
Sq 17
If you throw out the 2 nd half of UF when the game wasn't in doubt those numbers are even better
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The defense has played moderately well, allowing just 18.25 points per game. Hopefully, we can have more sacks, tackles for losses, and takeaways.
AG
PyriteAg said:

It's much better for the team to lick their wounds and get their stuff together

Definitely better than licking their stuff and getting their wounds together.

Or is it???
Bobaloo
Posted on another thread…The D we played in the bowl game would struggle to win one SEC game. Elko raided the portal and got us competitive.
Bill Superman
AG
Sq 17 said:

If you throw out the 2 nd half of UF when the game wasn't in doubt those numbers are even better
It seems like we're always having to do that to make things seem better. I'd like to see consistency and a cut throat approach that keeps a foot on the pedal all the way through.
Sq 17
Back up needs snaps
Not showing everything in your playbook is also a consideration
Offense needs to stay aggressive because the starters need to be better

I am not one to cherry pick stats
But points first downs etc when the game is out of reach need to be considered

Late in the 1st half Iirc UF had zero yards total offense
Bryant03
AG
What's all the fuss? I'm pleasantly surprised by our defense this year. Far from elite but they've brought it every game so far.
Aggie Dad 26
What's not showing up in the stats is how often our guys are getting pressure to the QB.
Definitely Not a Troll
Bryant03 said:

What's all the fuss? I'm pleasantly surprised by our defense this year. Far from elite but they've brought it every game so far.

I think it's because they get gashed by big plays at inopportune times. So they can dominate on 90% of snaps but man that 10% is hard to overlook and leaves me feeling this defense is nowhere near elite like we were led to believe.
Aggie Dad 26
Definitely Not a Troll said:

Bryant03 said:

I think it's because they get gashed by big plays at inopportune times. So they can dominate on 90% of snaps but man that 10% is hard to overlook and leaves me feeling this defense is nowhere near elite like we were led to believe.
Bryant03
AG
I like your take but I wasn't led to believe we had an elite defense. DL maybe. Linebackers were praised. But DBs??? Whoever got led to believe our defense was "elite" is well…..not watching the same Aggie football I have the last 40plus years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.