Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Moffitt Consensus?

6,725 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by ahpetty33
NyAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

So I just watched the ND vs NIU game highlights. ND craps the bed. NIU looked just as athletic and honestly more powerful than ND overall.

Nd played uninspired ball after a big win and when you let a team hang around that has no business hanging around, they start to believe

Nd suffered from lack of effort thinking niu oils be a cakewalk
AtticusMatlock
I'm still trying to figure out when our defenders started dropping like flies. I don't recall it happening at all.

Two of our OL got hurt. Not sure that has anything to do with S&C.
85AustinAg
AG
dcg4403 said:

I've heard directly from Elko that Moffitt is responsible for setting the culture of the team. He spends more time with the players than any other coach. Great! I assumed Moffitt was going to create some animals on the D-Line.

Then we all watch our own players, dropping on the field in the 3rd and 4th. Not just any field. Kyle Field. They practice and scrimmage in this heat and this was supposedly an advantage against ND. We saw the difference in the last 6 minutes of the game. No denying it. ND was better conditioned. I saw a few Moffitt comments immediately after the game but decided to lay low and keep my emotions in check.

So I just watched the ND vs NIU game highlights. ND craps the bed. NIU looked just as athletic and honestly more powerful than ND overall. So this got me thinking about Moffitt.

Seems a legit concern I know his history is quite impressive. I also know that Weig hopefully had the worst game we will ever see in the A&M uniform.

Having said that, just not very impressed with the strength and power of our defensive line or LBs even. McNeese was able to run quite easily. Shouldn't our players be tossing them to the side and stuffing the run? After seeing NIU's DL freaking harass and blow past the ND's OL, I really question the strength and condition of our players. Hopefully, this is complete nonsense and we start seeing those physical differences against Florida. But 2 game into the season, hope Moffitt has something up his sleeve for the long game.
This post gets the vote for the second dumbest post I've read today. Our players have not looked this good or played this hard with minimal injury since Schmidty was here. Please stop.

Just throw a freakin' dart at a picture of everybody at Kyle Field last Saturday and whomever it hits - blame them. It would be just as sensible as this drivel.
BBYD09
AG
I think we had one player cramp during the 3rd quarter of the ND game and that was it. Where is this "players dropping like flies" story coming from?
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
Don't believe everything you think.
Aginnebraska
AG
dcg4403 said:

I've heard directly from Elko that Moffitt is responsible for setting the culture of the team. He spends more time with the players than any other coach. Great! I assumed Moffitt was going to create some animals on the D-Line.

Then we all watch our own players, dropping on the field in the 3rd and 4th. Not just any field. Kyle Field. They practice and scrimmage in this heat and this was supposedly an advantage against ND. We saw the difference in the last 6 minutes of the game. No denying it. ND was better conditioned. I saw a few Moffitt comments immediately after the game but decided to lay low and keep my emotions in check.

So I just watched the ND vs NIU game highlights. ND craps the bed. NIU looked just as athletic and honestly more powerful than ND overall. So this got me thinking about Moffitt.

Seems a legit concern I know his history is quite impressive. I also know that Weig hopefully had the worst game we will ever see in the A&M uniform.

Having said that, just not very impressed with the strength and power of our defensive line or LBs even. McNeese was able to run quite easily. Shouldn't our players be tossing them to the side and stuffing the run? After seeing NIU's DL freaking harass and blow past the ND's OL, I really question the strength and condition of our players. Hopefully, this is complete nonsense and we start seeing those physical differences against Florida. But 2 game into the season, hope Moffitt has something up his sleeve for the long game.
Delete thread. Ban poster
GoodAg Paulie
AG
It really is getting embarrassing when people with Ag tags start moronic topics and post statements like these. I like to tell myself these posts have to be posted by other fan base tshirt fan losers with nothing better to do than post ridiculous comments on another teams fan site. Is our fanbase really this soft??
camelclub
AG
you cannot underestimate Moffit's commitment to the details. My buddy who works with him told me a story about how when he was at LSU he was designing the floor of their weight room he knew that he wanted to have a beautiful, shiny, smooth floor yet durable instead of just a poured rubber floor like most other programs. The dude literally called every supplier in the industry and then glued dozens of samples to the floor to test it for durability.

That being said, does A&M weight room even have the right flooring? Possible that's why he is such a stickler about not dropping weights.

All that to say is his 4 pillars approach is going to take more than 2 games to show the results.
camelclub
AG
This is all Moffit on these runs this quarter
LB12Diamond
AG
Looks like Moffit figured it out.

This stupid Fin thread.
TxAg76
AG
Moffitt's a badass.
Can't wait to see year 3 with his influence.
ahpetty33
AG
Delete thread, ban user
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.