Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Pickell has us losing. Here's why I don't care.

6,983 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by halfastros81
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I for one think fans discussing speculation on the team is hardly actionable…
Leander - Ag
AG
MisterJones said:

TLDR

BTHO Florida
Aggie Dad 26
rootube said:

You say if Weigman plays like himself but he really hasn't played enough games to know what like himself is. Maybe the ND game was him playing like himself. Guess we get to find out soon.

He has though. He's proven he's inconsistent and can't win big games
Cojack
Dam two page article to say we suck
GigEmReggie
We're more like a stillborn giant imo.
OMB100GAS
AG
I often look at things by match ups and comparisons

QBs - Lagway has most upside, least experience, Mertz most experience, Weigman in between, no clear edge here

Our OL vs their DL - I don't see a clear edge here, I like what I see so far from the OL and their DL is good but not that deep

Our DL vs their OL - We should have the edge here, and this battle will be one of the most telling

Our Run Off vs their Run D - I think we have a slight edge here

Our Run D vs their Run Off - They have the edge here on paper, this is like the DL vs OL battle, very important and crucial to winning the game

Our Pass off vs their Pass D - no clear edge hear, but we have most upside. Our WR don't look great but their D looks bad, so an interesting battle with potential for game breaking plays but not enough here to claim an edge

Our Pass D vs their Pass Off - I am concerned with this if we don't pressure the QB enough, again we look to our DL as being the crucial element here. no clear edge

Special Teams - less important but can swing games, I like our punting and returning so edge to Ags

TLDR;

Ags have slight edge and ability to play better at each level, which explains the line at -4 good guys, but most position battles are fairly even and enough could swing in Florida's favor to win.

If the DL can stop the run and pressure the QB, I think we win. Also DL is supposed to be a bright spot for our team so it's time to prove it. The most important thing to watch this Saturday, imo

Ags win 31-20, I'll be there in section 20 to see it happen
NeverSeenEmWin
This game is largely irrelevant. This season needs to be about development, and it's vanishingly unlikely the team will compete for anything this year. Every game matters for bowl eligibility I guess, but it's not high stakes.

Weigman might not be playing in the second half if he keeps struggling to get the ball out effectively.
halfastros81
AG
Just suppose you were a college football fan with no particular rooting interest. Would you believe in Texas A & M on the road against a team that should roughly have similar resources and access to recruits. Take into account that they are at home and their hfc and staff are squarely on the hot seat it'd be hard to expect an A & M victory. A & M has perhaps been marginally better than Florida only in the past few seasons and that's not because we have been good. We've been maybe slightly above average and haven't won a road SEC game in forever.

I've been an A& M fan for 49 yrs so I'm clearly biased and am looking/hoping for improvement in the program . I think we'll win the game but my confidence level is certainly not high.

Very few neutral parties are going to believe in the A& M program until they have shown multiple x and probably for multiple seasons that the program has turned the corner in a positive direction.
SoTxAg
AG
Ags roll, turn the page.
Ag1188
AG
Pickell picked us to beat Notre Dame, and he still feels burned about that….plus our offense has been a joke.
LMCane said:

Uh, Aggie football is much closer to the bottom of the league than to the top of the league

everyone understands this.

Georgia
Texas
Ole Miss
Tennessee
Alabama
Missouri

you really see a team that just lost at home in Elko's sold out premiere is at the top of the league.

the same Notre Dame team manhandled by NORTHERN ILLINOIS in South Bend a week later?!?
In the past few years, we would've lost to those teams by like 1 TD or less…and this team isn't worse than our past teams. So you need to stop bleeding. Also, did you say "ND was manhandled" in their 1-point loss? Lol it was literally a couple blown defensive plays that gave up most of the 16 points to NIU and the ND QB was simply too inaccurate.
Bison
AG
SoTxAg said:

Ags roll, turn the page.

Beating an unranked opponent snaps a streak, but that's not turning a page. That's throwing down the shovel at the bottom of the hole so that you're no longer digging. You still need a ladder.

2014: beating #3 Auburn (finished garbage) at Jordan-Hare was the last road win against a Top Ten opponent. This was the same season we beat USCe in the opener (ranked Top Ten, finished garbage) and **** the sheets against Bama and began to question whether giving KDS an extension was the right move. And we finished garbage but with a bowl win.

Beat a Top Ten team on the road, and that page is turned.

Hayek. Reagan. Bison.

– – hell yes I can be mad! I had fifty bucks at 40:1 on a natty, and now I’m stuck with Natty Light to drink!
Hamburger Dan
I was pleasantly surprised that this Pickel guy, thought aTm could svore 21 points, vs an SEC school.
ReloadAg
AG
Set your expectations for Aggie football insanely low and you'll never be disappointed.
Aggie Dad Sip
If Florida beats A&M I will watch the guy from Florida State eat a bowl of turds on the internet.
halfastros81
AG
Iv'e tried that one. Doesn't seem to help . I can't kill the hope.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.