Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Sips at Michigan

50,423 Views | 252 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Talon2DSO
Danny Vermin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kentucky is ranked.
HoustonAggie427
We will be ranked by then
AvidAggie
AG
tu passed us. It's hard to make fun of them nowadays
BTKAG97
AG
While they look good, after playing a bad Colorado State and a Michigan team that has replaced half if not more of their starters, not sure we have learned much of anything about Texas so far this year.
AvidAggie
AG
BTKAG97 said:

While they look good, after playing a bad Colorado State and a Michigan team that has replaced half if not more of their starters, not sure we have learned much of anything about Texas so far this year.

You serious?! We'd be obnoxious if we beat the defending national champs at their house by 19.
BTKAG97
AG
AvidAggie said:

BTKAG97 said:

You serious?! We'd be obnoxious if we beat the defending national champs at their house by 19.
You are correct, but what does that have to do with what I stated?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
No. 3 Texas dominated No. 10 defending CFP champion Michigan from start to finish to improve to 2-0 and drop Michigan to 1-1. As a result, Texas has won 8 consecutive regular season games and snapped Michigan's 16-game winning streak by handing them their first loss since a 51-45 loss to TCU in the 2022 CFP semifinal at the Fiesta Bowl on 12/31/22. I noticed several other trends:

1. Texas has won 8 straight consecutive road games since a 41-34 loss at Oklahoma State on 10/22/22.

2. Texas snapped Michigan's 29-game regular season winning streak, handing them their first regular season loss since a 37-33 road loss at Michigan State on 10/30/21.

3. Texas snapped Michigan's 23-game home winning streak by handing them their first home loss since a 27-17 home loss to Penn State on 11/28/20.

4. Texas snapped Michigan's 20-game winning streak in regular season nonconference games by handing them their first regular season nonconference loss since a 24-17 loss at Notre Dame on 9/1/18.

5. Texas snapped Michigan's 23-game winning streak in home games against nonconference opponents by handing them their first such loss since a 26-10 home loss to Utah on 9/20/14.
bigfooticus
JimbloFisher said:

W said:

wonder what the worst non-conference defeat for Michigan in the Big House is
App State
username checks out
WoodlandsTX
B-1 83 said:

Tex117 said:

Texas looked sharp. Only a fool would say otherwise.
Aren't Georgia and Oklahoma the only ranked teams left on their schedule?
Yes after we dropped out of the rankings.
Faustus
BTKAG97 said:

Texas lost 11 to the draft and then their 5 star starting RB on the first day of practice. That's not quite as bad as Michigan, but it's not too far off.

Michigan replacing McCarthy with a pedestrian former walk-on is something they'll likely revisit as the season progresses.
Danny Vermin
I would love to see Ewers starting for the Cowboys next season. Too bad their going to be a middle if the road team and give Dak a bundle here soon.
frito
AG
AvidAggie said:

tu passed us. It's hard to make fun of them nowadays

Nah... On both counts
Danny Vermin
Another thing Texas does as good as anyone so far, the Transfer portal. They just don't miss. Their best player on defense today was that Clemson DB that was unnoticed. They also just flipped that Myron Charles from FSU.
Cheyenne Bodie
BTKAG97 said:

We've learned that they can lose two of their top four backs and not miss a beat.

We've learned that the portal receivers are picking up where their draft picks left off.

We've learned that they've upgraded their secondary in the portal.

We've learned that their interior DL has probably taken a step back.
Blinnaggie2002
I actually love that dude! Would love to see him governor one day! True Texan!!
deer corn
Blinnaggie2002 said:

I actually love that dude! Would love to see him governor one day! True Texan!!

Did you start at Blinn? Can see why.
Medaggie
When I watch Bama and Ga the past 10 years, I always leave thinking the same when they play top 10 teams.
They always seem so much bigger and faster on the line. They always seem to have quicker receivers who always seem to be open. QB play was decent but when the protection is so good and receivers so open, it always seem to be easy passes. Every time they need 2-3 yards, the RB always seem to get a 1st down b/c the OL pushed the DL 2 yards back. When the 4th quarter came, the other team just gave up b/c they were gassed.

It always seem so easy.

Texas looks like how Bama/Ga constructs their teams. They just look much bigger and faster. Look at the Texas OL/DL vs Michigan OL/DL, they just look massive. I was shocked how much bigger they were than Mich on the line. The speed that Texas has at the skilled positions and secondary looks like Bama. There is a reason they can go into Bama last year and not wilt like most teams in the 4th. They are built the same.

It just looks unfair similar when a 6A HS team plays a 3A HS team.
whytho987654
BTKAG97 said:

Not to mention this new coach is clearly the scapegoat for the new sanctions that will come in
Blinnaggie2002
Our usual delusions…
Blinnaggie2002
Yup and proud!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
AvidAggie said:

BTKAG97 said:

They won convincingly in the Big House. There's no talking around that.
HarryBuffalo
Ranked…again.
conservativehorn
As a Longhorn, I was inclined to think the same thing. I thought Arch had to be largely hype. I was wrong. Every time he has come in, he has looked incredible. I am not a Horn who wants us to bench Quinn for Arch (that would be idiotit), but Arch looks very ready to play right now. I would say that we have arguably the best backup quarterback in college footbal in Manning.
AngryAG
Texas A&M said:

It must be nice to have an offense.

Sips hired an offensive savant.

We hired an above average defensive guy.
dkleigh67
My buddy was at a tailgate with Connor Sign Stealer. They obviously not cheating anymore
Just Saying
BTKAG97 said:

Well, that loss to Notre Dame doesn't look so good!
W
AG
looking back...

there was so much drama with Jimbo the past 2 years...and the revolving door at QB the past 3 years...

a lot of folks didn't realize how well the sips were recruiting in the meantime
OBJTEX
I tip my hat. Michigan is likely just a 5-6 win team but that is not an easy place to go and dominate and exceed expectations on biggest stage.
AgMD90
AG
You mean an undefeated #1 ranked sip team…..
rondis23
AG
AngryAG said:

Texas A&M said:

It must be nice to have an offense.

Sips hired an offensive savant.

We hired an above average defensive guy.

I wouldn't call Sark a savant. His swing pass, misdirection, motion offense will get caught up to. It's either gona be Kirby or Elko that do it.
W
AG
it will need to get "caught up to" 3 times for the sips to miss the playoffs

they can afford to lose 2 games now
VatoLocoAggie
AG
Michigan lost to App State. Losing to tu isn't as shocking as it may be to some. Michigan isn't good this year and was way overrated.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
OMeara
"Michigan lost to App State"

In 2007
YouBet
AG
OMeara said:

"Michigan lost to App State"

In 2007

Exactly. Completely irrelevant. Just like Texas was for a decade after 2007 when everyone made fun of them and they were literally called a cesspool by one of the most prominent sports talking heads.

Now they are top 3 elite program in their inaugural year of the SEC.
zafzo
VatoLocoAggie said:

Michigan lost to App State. Losing to tu isn't as shocking as it may be to some. Michigan isn't good this year and was way overrated.

Wait... When and how did you get an Ag tag?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.