Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Will the Aggies SHUT OUT McNeese State?

4,369 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Aggie Therapist
Stat Monitor Repairman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
One things for sure though.

We be here scrutinizing and nitpicking from every angle.

Normally this would bea warm up game to work out the kinks but not now.

The bloody abortion we saw last week got people amped and they want blood.
Aggie2
UTExan said:

Tarleton beat McNeese State this year so there is that.
McNeese almost ran Tarleton off the field in the second half. If they had a decent field goal kicker Tarleton would have probably lost.
Reno Hightower
7 - 6 Ag's

They score twice on offense. Tyreek Chappell with a pick6 to win the game!
Aggie Dad Sip
Don't worry about a shutout. Worry about Elko using this game to iron out the wrinkles from week one. Worry about technique, effort, consistency, conditioning and improvement.

The Ags will beat McNeese, but they need to do it the right way, by ensuring every single player does their job better than they did against ND.

Who cares if it's 56-0 or 37-17? If it's the former, it probably means the starters played 3.5 quarters for the express purpose of winning big. If it's the latter, it means Elko was working on problem areas from week one and getting second and third team players valuable field time to make sure the entire team gains confidence for conference play.
Magneto
AG
Since 1992, I feel like if we have a new coach, a new QB, a new system, we always find a way to not lose with FCS.

Or rather we don't really take care of business early and we spend the whole game trying to figure out football. The FCS team seems to out coach us until out of physicality we wear them down in the fourth quarter and the score is lopsided.

In the meantime, this board goes nuts with frustration and I'm one of the belligerent clowns posting……..

I hope things are different.
infinity ag
TexAggie1999 said:

56-0 would be great. However, it wouldn't mean much. It is McNeese State. We should completely dominate them.

That is the idea. It is time we destroyed weak teams like the Alabamas and Georgias. Not be sportsmanlike and throw away a few points just to save them from embarrassment. Any other team would destroy us if they could, why not we do the same?
infinity ag
Reno Hightower said:

7 - 6 Ag's

Wow, looks like BAS is very very pervasive.
UTExan
Aggie2 said:

UTExan said:

Tarleton beat McNeese State this year so there is that.
McNeese almost ran Tarleton off the field in the second half. If they had a decent field goal kicker Tarleton would have probably lost.

Yes. Tarleton lost their starting quarterback.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Little Rock Ag
AG
I don't know what the score will be, but I am 100% sure it won't matter. We will still be collectively dissatisfied.
AG
infinity ag said:

I hope the team is so pissed at themselves they come in charging to destroy the opposition. They played like sheet last week and they need to turn it around. A mere win will not do. The win needs to be resounding since it is against a cream-puff.

In my estimation, the Aggies have to shut them out. No points. None.

I don't care about giving the 2nd string practice or whatever. Our first string sucks right now, let the focus on getting their confidence back. We can worry about 2nd string later.

BTHO McNeese.
Obliterate them into Bolivian. Shred them, disembowel and eviscerate them (figuratively of course).

I want W 56-0.

You sound like David Nuno. Or a 10 year old.
infinity ag
4 said:

infinity ag said:

I hope the team is so pissed at themselves they come in charging to destroy the opposition. They played like sheet last week and they need to turn it around. A mere win will not do. The win needs to be resounding since it is against a cream-puff.

I don't care about giving the 2nd string practice or whatever. Our first string sucks right now, let the focus on getting their confidence back. We can worry about 2nd string later.

BTHO McNeese.
Obliterate them into Bolivian. Shred them, disembowel and eviscerate them (figuratively of course).

I want W 56-0.

You sound like David Nuno. Or a 10 year old.

Says the guy who calls himself "4".
DGrimesAg92
We have a game this week?
Pedro Infiniti
They have a RS-Fr QB with the surname Sixkiller. All bets are off if he makes it into the game.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Just as long as this is not Elko's Appalachian state game. Personally, I am not interested in watching weigman try to work out kinks in his game, that shouldn't even have been there in the first place. It would be nice to see some results for a change. I've already had my fill of excuses for the year.
Seamaster
AG
We should beat them by 50, but even if we do, it's meaningless.
infinity ag
Seamaster said:

We should beat them by 50, but even if we do, it's meaningless.

What about by 70? 100?
Kozmozag
If CW has happy feet against mcneese he needs to retire from football.
zephyr88
AG
Does it matter... they're basically a 6A high school
Reno Hightower
infinity ag said:

Reno Hightower said:

7 - 6 Ag's

Wow, looks like BAS is very very pervasive.

HEY! I didn't go full AppSt/ArkSt now.
Ugly
AG
By my count, if we only beat McNeese by 56-0, that will still put us at about 7th-8th in conference, depending on whether you think Vandy's win against Virginia Tech in overtime was better than our late loss to Notre Dame or not. We'd have to make it 69-0 to even get into the top 5.
Corn Pop
1. We will dominate
2. We will be told game 1 was an anomaly
3. ??????? Resulting in an 8-4 season
4. Profit off of everyone that thinks next year will be different
KidDoc
AG
You mean QB1 played like sheet, most of the rest of the team looked pretty good!

I think we win 30-6.

And, as already mentioned, it doesn't mean much.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Flavius Agximus
AG
I will be disappointed if we are still playing the 1s midway through the 4th quarter. Would be nice to have enough of a lead to start seeing the 2s early in the 3rd quarter.
Moe 92
AG
infinity ag said:

I don't care about giving the 2nd string practice or whatever. Our first string sucks right now.
Our first string defense sucks?
aeon-ag
No! And I would bet A&M doesn't win but by a field goal or a lucky touchdown
aeon-ag
Flavius Agximus said:

I will be disappointed if we are still playing the 1s midway through the 4th quarter. Would be nice to have enough of a lead to start seeing the 2s early in the 3rd quarter.
What's 1's and 2's?
aeon-ag
infinity ag said:

BTHO McNeese.

I want W 56-0.
Wooopeee, whip up on lowly McNeese, quite an accomplishment!
BMX Bandit
The Porkchop Express said:

Less than a 3-TD favorite at home doesn't exactly scream 56-0

What about a 49.5 point favorite?
spherical
AG
Our D gave up just 20 points to #7 despite 2 turnovers- and that last td was a very smart "if they get a first down just let em go".

not sure why people are conflating a terrible offensive performance with the defense.
Maroon Dawn
AG
spherical said:

Our D gave up just 20 points to #7 despite 2 turnovers- and that last td was a very smart "if they get a first down just let em go".

not sure why people are conflating a terrible offensive performance with the defense.

Not all of us are sold on the current cope of "ND is a legit elite team". They may be just decent and we are terrible. We saw this same thing in Miami where we told ourselves they were the future ACC champs and playoff bound but no, turns out they were just average and we were just really bad
spherical
AG
It may turn out that way I guess, just saying there isn't currently any reason to think our D isn't great.

Im certainly not saying their D is an excuse for what we saw from our offense
Moral High Horse
McNeese better not even score. If they do...well....then we'll meet another coach in 4-5 years. The cycle continues.
Aggie Therapist
AG
No
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.