Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jimbo ain't done yet

10,000 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aeon-ag
BreckCO2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Where does he end up?
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
Texas State?
BreckCO2000
AG
Arkansas maybe?
#Mke
AG
I'd like to see him at West Virginia, but Lord help him there with that recruiting base if he couldn't win here with ours.
BreckCO2000
AG
Colorado post Deon
Kraft Punk
I feel bad for whoever is dumb enough to hire Jimbum

He is a pos conman that will only waste opportunities for talented kids
C2 Ag 93
Not sure I care enough to actually look myself, but anyone in the know.... wouldn't it mean we don't owe him some portion of his payout if he takes another job?
czar_iv
AG
Maybe Jimbo has a time machine so his offense will be cutting edge again ...
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
TheRealMaroon
AG
No
Bill Superman
AG
Maybe Woodward will come calling once BK falters.
Hamburger Dan
He's not doing it right. I retired two years ago from 41 years of semi successful High School coaching. I have not thought twice about it. I got paid well (not Jimbo well) but more than I ever imagined, by 2002, I never had to teach a class,. Nowadays, I play golf at a nice club 2-3 times a week. I fly fish in New Mexico / Colorado - a week to 10 days from late April thru October, and I hang out with my family. My old players and coaches checkin with me periodically, but I'm living exactly the way I thought I would at 65 years old. Best decision I ever made!
Logos Stick
BreckCO2000 said:

Arkansas maybe?

They aren't that dumb.
TxAg76
AG
We are. Marshall
Divining Rod
reason i have absolutely no respect for this man's ability or integrity is that after virtually EVERYONE was screaming for a change at O line and a scrappiing of his offense, he let his pride rule , even when forced to hire a new OC, he continued to try to run his hirrible O .

amd then all tje backstories we heard of the lack of discipline and accountability. just give college kids a break jimbo. step away from the game.
rootube
AG
Jimbo is just like Mack Brown. Elite recruiter with one Cinderella season under his belt. He's going to get another shot at coaching and if the stars align for him like Mack he may have a lot of years coaching left in him.
Mark Stoops
Jimbo is nothing like Mack Brown. Mack Brown is still at top 25 coach to this day and is even older. Mack's offense spanned way more time than being a flash in the pan.
rootube
AG
Mark Stoops said:

Jimbo is nothing like Mack Brown. Mack Brown is still at top 25 coach to this day and is even older. Mack's offense spanned way more time than being a flash in the pan.

As I said. They are both elite recruiters and they each have a single natty. There are at least two similarities that are indisputable. I bet if he finds the right job and makes good coordinator hires he can do as well as butter teeth. It's a hell of a lot easier putting UNC in the top 25 than any team in the SEC.
well_endowed_ag
One thing you can't take away from Jimbo….he is in the most elite tier of recruiters in CFB.

Beyond that, there's really nothing good I can say about him. His best shot is probably a second or third tier power 5 school somewhere that decides they really want to increase their talent profile above all else and just go all in to get players. Maybe Arkansas, West Virginia, or somewhere like that.
HoustonAggie427
He'll get hired at some Big 12 school and that school will get him for cheap. Probably worth a flier if you're a smaller program and don't have $$ to spend
Mark Stoops
Just having one natty is a pretty surface level analysis
FLAg18
AG
Why not Samford, to go coach his son at his Alma Mater.
AgDotCom
Quote:

"I'll be watching a lot of film this year and see if there the right opportunity for me to get back into it next season"
That's sure a different way of saying "I'll be washing with a lot of soap this year and see if I can clean off this horrific stench of fail enough so that some brain dead idiot out there will look at me for longer than two seconds."
StrykerAg
AG
Yeah I just don't know who would look at him and say "well him and that #1 ranked recruiting class ever didn't work out at A&M but he'll be a good fit here" unless they just wanna get 7/8 wins a year and slightly better players
Cojack
Zoo will be all in to bring him back if Elko stumbles first season
Azeew
Divining Rod said:

reason i have absolutely no respect for this man's ability or integrity is that after virtually EVERYONE was screaming for a change at O line and a scrappiing of his offense, he let his pride rule , even when forced to hire a new OC, he continued to try to run his hirrible O .

amd then all tje backstories we heard of the lack of discipline and accountability. just give college kids a break jimbo. step away from the game.

Yep, if you offered me the choice between a sack of shidt or a beer with Jimbo I'd take the sack of ****
WC94
AG
He will probably be an analyst for sips, just to kick our asses.
ffco
SMU
Cheo
Jimbo is such a sleeze ball. Used car salesman, lying his balls off everything. His press conferences and stubbornness were absolutely infuriating
maroongoon95
AG
Money on Colorado. Probably in the works.
P.U.T.U
AG
Seems to be a better fit to be an AD than a coach these days. Unless he is able to change his ways I don't see him having much success anywhere
StrykerAg
AG
P.U.T.U said:

Seems to be a better fit to be an AD than a coach these days. Unless he is able to change his ways I don't see him having much success anywhere

At a high school?
rootube
AG
Mark Stoops said:

Just having one natty is a pretty surface level analysis

Really. The number of active coaches with a natty says otherwise. Please elaborate on what a better metric for success is.
WC94
AG
ffco said:

SMU

Sonny Dykes is a better coach than Jimbo.

Ugly
AG
StrykerAg said:

Yeah I just don't know who would look at him and say "well him and that #1 ranked recruiting class ever didn't work out at A&M but he'll be a good fit here" unless they just wanna get 7/8 wins a year and slightly better players
Roughly a third of all P4 programs would be happy with that.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
i wish him well.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.