Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Owens - is this legitimate?

31,517 Views | 134 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Randy Rhodes
Mule
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Massive loss. Never seen a team so cursed. One year or even two, but damn this is has been a brutal stretch of losing key players in preseason or early in the season.
Texas Aggies
LB12Diamond
AG
Incorrect
BTHOB-98
I'm hearing broken ankle which would be season ending.
StinkyPinky
AG
USAF9705 said:

This isn't true according to all the premium sites.
He was 1A with Moss as 1B.
Then they said there was a wide gap before Daniels & Smith, who would have smaller roles.

No. Moss has clearly demonstrated to be the better back. Owens has high potential, but he runs way to hesitantly and lacks vision. If the games slows down for him he could potentially be an effective back like Moss, but not there yet. Moss is without question the guy to date.
USAF9705
I guess the two other main premium site are wrong?

I have their quotes & depth chart up right in front of me.

They said Owens was the starter at the scrimmages and practices with him & Moss getting all the 1st team reps.

And said according to their sources those two would be the starters against ND.
Said Daniels & Smith would have "bit roles."
Aggie Dad 26
Roster shows

Amari Danials 5'9 215lb JR
Le'Veon Moss 6' 215lb JR
EJ Smith 6' 215lb GR TR
Ramarion Tillman 6' 220lbs FR
Ronnie Crosby III 5'9 215lbs FR-RS

If we can't average 100+ yards per game on the ground against an SEC schedule with these guys, it's on the oline.
USAF9705
Do you understand the concept of 1A & 1B?
It means they are equal.
So you can call Moss 1A & Owens 1B.
It's the same thing.

And that is coming from A&M premium site insiders, not me.
They put up depth charts of who started & got 1st team reps at the scrimmages & open practices. And from what they are hearing from their sources.

This isn't my opinion. It's what they are reporting.
LB12Diamond
AG
You inferred Owen's was the starter. Not correct.

Moss is the clear starter. Owens was next up but Moss the starter. Owens had many things to work through such as pass protection.
Al Bula
AG
Wish him luck if true. Nothing to get upset about.
StinkyPinky
AG
USAF9705 said:

Do you understand the concept of 1A & 1B?
It means they are equal.
So you can call Moss 1A & Owens 1B.
It's the same thing.

And that is coming from A&M premium site insiders, not me.
They put up depth charts of who started & got 1st team reps at the scrimmages & open practices. And from what they are hearing from their sources.

This isn't my opinion. It's what they are reporting.
Don't be an ass. You clearly do jot know anything about this team, and clearly don't know how Premium works. Scrimmage line up means nothing. It means who needs and gets more work. It is well known and understood by insiders that Moss had the better season, but all is hopeful that this was Owen's breakout season. Only if he overcame some of his Freshmen deficiencies. .
Randy Rhodes
Sux, but we will be fine

Hope we don't have anymore
The Lost
Aggie Dad 26 said:

Roster shows

Amari Danials 5'9 215lb JR
Le'Veon Moss 6' 215lb JR
EJ Smith 6' 215lb GR TR
Ramarion Tillman 6' 220lbs FR
Ronnie Crosby III 5'9 215lbs FR-RS

If we can't average 100+ yards per game on the ground against an SEC schedule with these guys, it's on the oline.

If 100 a game is your bar, we're ****ed.

Only 2 teams didn't avg 100 last year. Vandy and usce. 150 doesn't even get you in the top half.
well_endowed_ag
CoachLB said:

well_endowed_ag said:

I'm sure it's true. Happens to multiple of our key players every single fall camp, without fail. We can never go into a season with our playmakers healthy and play up to our potential like other good teams. It just never happens.
By reading a lot of your posts it is obvious following Aggie football makes you miserable. Texas lost their top back for the season just last week. That's football. I hate it happened but the Aggies have several quality backs. You may be "well endowed" but from your posts I assume you need to grow a pair.

I'm just speaking facts. My feelings have nothing to do with it.
BLSmith04
AG
It sucks, and it's a big loss, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point. Just gotta have the next man up mentality. Owens got injured? Good. That gives another guys more opportunities.
law-aggie90
AG
Praying for a full recovery for Rueben! I feel bad for him. Thankfully we have a deep backfield but he will definitely be missed as he recovers.
Gidnik
its on espn.
Sip du jour
Huge loss. He's good.
Agsttt
BLSmith04 said:

It sucks, and it's a big loss, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point. Just gotta have the next man up mentality. Owens got injured? Good. That gives another guys more opportunities.

Pretty sure "good" is not a word I would've used.

NyAggie
AG
The biggest concern is if we have another injury at rb

We only have 3 healthy scholly tb's now, and miss has gotten banged up every year he's played

Reno Hightower
Seems those dip***** are reveling in this considering the X handle and their rb woe's.
Sip du jour
Texags 8/24: 2nd stringer and just depth
Texags 1/25: "if we hadn't lost Owens..."
well_endowed_ag
Sip du jour said:

Texags 8/24: 2nd stringer and just depth
Texags 1/25: "if we hadn't lost Owens..."

08/24: "Our RB room is stacked. Owens wasn't even the starter. Sucks to lose him but it's not a big deal."

01/25: "I don't know why anyone thought our running game was still going to be good after we lost Owens in fall camp. You can't expect to have a good season with only one RB who would play for the elite teams in the SEC. It is what it is. We'll get 'em next year!"

The exact same posters will be saying both of these things, just like they do every year.
well_endowed_ag
NyAggie said:

The biggest concern is if we have another injury at rb

We only have 3 healthy scholly tb's now, and miss has gotten banged up every year he's played

Exactly. Even if Moss didn't have a history of being banged up, the additional load he will have to shoulder with Owens out makes it highly likely he gets banged up during the course of an SEC schedule. Then we're left with Daniels and EJ Smith, who could barely crack the rotation at Stanford.
maroongoon95
AG
AND IT BEGINS
ElephantRider
AG
SouthCollegeStation said:

Everybody quit worrying.

Amari Daniels - Miami, FL - RB - 5-9 - 215 - Junior (RS)

Le'Veon Moss - Walker, LA - RB - 6-0 - 215 - Junior

EJ Smith - Dallas, TX - RB - 6-0 - 210 - Graduate

Preston Landis - Rockwall, TX - RB - 5-11 - 210 - Sophomore (RS)

We have lots of Experience and Talent at this position...

Sorry, but the fact that Preston Landis made your list is concerning
Shoefly!
AG
vander54 said:

It's possible but why is a longhorn "X" account tweeting about it?

Because they're miserable thinskinned too!
BLSmith04
AG
Agsttt said:

BLSmith04 said:

I guess you weren't paying attention during baseball season. The team adopted the mantra of former Navy SEAL Jocko Wilinck. Whenever anything happens, positive or negative, there's always some "Good" we can take from it. It's a mindset.
Bobaloo
It's a big loss. Can't be thought of otherwise. Was really looking forward to seeing him this season with a better OL.
Agsttt
BLSmith04 said:

Agsttt said:

BLSmith04 said:

I guess you weren't paying attention during baseball season. The team adopted the mantra of former Navy SEAL Jocko Wilinck. Whenever anything happens, positive or negative, there's always some "Good" we can take from it. It's a mindset.

The two are not even remotely in the same context. Throughout the baseball season, that term was used when open (wait for it) good things happened. It most definitely was not used even once after losing Montgomery.
concac
AG
LOL @ the arrogance of some people to think that losing a talented player like Owens would not have an impact on a team that finished 7-6 last season.
Sterling82
Bobaloo said:

It's a big loss. Can't be thought of otherwise. Was really looking forward to seeing him this season with a better OL.

It is and USAF's characterization of the depth chart is very likely correct. Some people don't seem to grasp that Owens was a true freshman from a smaller school last year. He would be expected to make a big jump this year. We have options but we needed Owens and now we really need everyone else to stay healthy.
jsc8116
AG
Any chance to move T. Bussey over to RB now or too late?
BLSmith04
AG
Agsttt said:

BLSmith04 said:

Agsttt said:

BLSmith04 said:

The two are not even remotely in the same context. Throughout the baseball season, that term was used when open (wait for it) things happened. It most definitely was not used even once after losing Montgomery.
Yes it was. Montgomery's injury absolutely sucked. But people absolutely did say "Good" to that. Good applies when things are going well for you and when things aren't. No matter what, you gotta keep that same mindset. It's not saying you're happy the guy got injured. But you've gotta move on and keep fighting.
AWP 97
AG
Aggie Dad 26 said:

well_endowed_ag said:

I'm sure it's true. Happens to multiple of our key players every single fall camp, without fail. We can never go into a season with our playmakers healthy and play up to our potential like other good teams. It just never happens.

While he's a really good RB, it's still a position that's stacked. Notre Dame is out of their starting LT

I don't think you know what the word stacked means. Our RB position is not stacked particularly if Owens is out for the season.
Agsttt
BLSmith04 said:

Agsttt said:

BLSmith04 said:

Agsttt said:

BLSmith04 said:

The two are not even remotely in the same context. Throughout the baseball season, that term was used when open (wait for it) things happened. It most definitely was not used even once after losing Montgomery.
Yes it was. Montgomery's injury absolutely sucked. But people absolutely did say "Good" to that. Good applies when things are going well for you and when things aren't. No matter what, you gotta keep that same mindset. It's not saying you're happy the guy got injured. But you've gotta move on and keep fighting.

No.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.