Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Class now ranked #5 in the nation

9,079 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 45 min ago by EliteZags
Leonard H. Stringfield
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not bad at all, huh?
Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA
greg.w.h
AG
I've found rankings can be wrong…
rgag12
AG
I'll be more impressed if it's number 5 in February. Rankings mean nothing right now
Logos Stick
How many more schollies do we have to give and what area of need is left?
Sponge
AG
If a recruit is on the fence between us and someone else, perhaps a good recruiting class ranking right now might influence them to join us.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
In the age of NIL and the wide open transfer portal, there really isn't a limit. You just sort it out in August before the season starts.
Leonard H. Stringfield
rgag12 said:

I'll be more impressed if it's number 5 in February. Rankings mean nothing right now
Actually it does greatly. Been following recruiting since the early '70s and kids tend to want to go where others are headed. The snowball effect if you will. We are seeing that right now.
Bogey1996
Unfortunately it is not looking good for the stud OL, just saw some CB's for Jonah Williams to Oregon and missing on the stud WR's.

A really good class but whiffing on Texas studs in OL, Safety and WR's hurts.
BigOil
AG
I'd rather be 5 than 55 in February
Aggie Dad 26
Leonard H. Stringfield said:

Not bad at all, huh?

So you're saying the talent is gonna be there?
AG
BigOil said:

I'd rather be 5 than 55 in February

What if we have the no.1 class of all time!!!

That would be great!! We'd be champs for sure!!
well_endowed_ag
Bogey1996 said:

Unfortunately it is not looking good for the stud OL, just saw some CB's for Jonah Williams to Oregon and missing on the stud WR's.

A really good class but whiffing on Texas studs in OL, Safety and WR's hurts.

We can pay money and get some out of the portal. Not that big of a deal.
NyAggie
AG
Logos Stick said:

I believe With the portal there's no more scholarship limits per class. You just need to be 85 or under overall when the season starts, so teams are taking as many guys as they want and sorting it out later
Bill Superman
AG
If we land a 5* in-state guy then we're finishing top 5, and we have a solid chance of that.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

Not bad at all, huh?

Indeed, a plethora...
Meximan

rgag12 said:

Actually it does greatly. Been following recruiting since the early '70s and kids tend to want to go where others are headed. The snowball effect if you will. We are seeing that right now.
I mean, yes and no... a very high early ranking that's mostly numbers (like a class of 25+) falls back to the pack very quickly since they can't take anyone else on. As noted many times before, average stars per player is more telling this early in the game
Aggie Dad 26

Not bad at all, huh?

Indeed, a plethora...
I'll assume you knew what I was insinuating but if not...

There won't be any excuses at the rate we're going. Other than needing an SEC caliber, two deep, at OL. That is the only thing I see that we lack.

The rest will come down to X's and O's
Leonard H. Stringfield

Not bad at all, huh?

Indeed, a plethora...
I'll assume you knew what I was insinuating but if not...

There won't be any excuses at the rate we're going. Other than needing an SEC caliber, two deep, at OL. That is the only thing I see that we lack.

The rest will come down to X's and O's
Motivation will factor in as well.
Maroon Flash
AG
"A really good class but whiffing on Texas studs in OL, Safety and WR's hurts."

Gonna have to show out on the field and try to flip a couple of guys. Has happened before.
Maroon Flash
B-1 83
AG
NyAggie said:

Logos Stick said:

I believe With the portal there's no more scholarship limits per class. You just need to be 85 or under overall when the season starts, so teams are taking as many guys as they want and sorting it out later
And why do I need a scholarship if the law firm of "B-1 83" is giving me $50k a semester? With NIL, scholarship numbers could become irrelevant.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
TX_Aggie37
AG
Rutgers has the #12 class in 247 and has been as high as 8 or 9 as recently as a couple weeks ago. That should tell you all you need to know about current class rankings. A lot will change.

That said, I'd rather be ranked high than not.
kcar1020
AG
Well with the avg star rating and where we are right now, I will say this:

I am not missing JF at all.

I fully expect the new regime to be able to coach this top 5 class once it arrives on campus.

I feel pretty good about where we are right now.
NyAggie
AG
B-1 83 said:

NyAggie said:

Logos Stick said:

And why do I need a scholarship if the law firm of "B-1 83" is giving me $50k a semester? With NIL, scholarship numbers could become irrelevant.
very true, and with the revenue sharing model that's being talked about that could really make scholarships irrelevant.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
B-1 83 said:

NyAggie said:

Logos Stick said:

Scholarships aren't going anywhere unless all programs decide to ditch them at once which I just don't see.
83Aggie
AG
I saw that tu ranked #17 overall, and 8th in the SEC...so at least they are getting a sliver
beerad12man
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Rutgers has the #12 class in 247 and has been as high as 8 or 9 as recently as a couple weeks ago. That should tell you all you need to know about current class rankings. A lot will change.

That said, I'd rather be ranked high than not.
Rutgers is in the 60s or 70s in average star ranking. They have the highest amount of commits of anyone.

We are 7th in average stars with a normal amount of commits. Most of the guys we are in on are ranked higher than our current average, so there's a good chance it goes even higher. We have staying power. They never did. Using one or two extreme exceptions doesn't tell the point you are trying to make. They are just that. The exceptions.
beerad12man
AG
You can't take an official visit and not be on scholarship. You can't just bypass the scholarship. Again, unless as a recruit you are willing to give up your official. They'll still be on scholarship. You also aren't paying big NIL bucks to your 86-105 players. It really doesn't change much of anything in terms of overall scholarships given out.
Bill Superman
AG
Maroon Flash said:

"A really good class but whiffing on Texas studs in OL, Safety and WR's hurts."

Gonna have to show out on the field and try to flip a couple of guys. Has happened before.
This class is not complete and we are in contention for some 5* OLinemen and top WR's. Don't be too surprised when we land top guys in areas of need still.
StinkyPinky
AG
Coach 'em up Elko!
VP at Pierce and Pierce
I really like what Elko has done at corner in this class. Elite talent. RB is really good too, may need another one or hit the portal for a bruiser. OL is borderline. LB and pass rush seem to be very strong. WR is a need but that is what the portal is for. Go get a 1200 yard WR from the big 12 or somewhere even bigger.
randy828
AG

Not bad at all, huh?

Indeed, a plethora...
dixichkn
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

I really like what Elko has done at corner in this class. Elite talent. RB is really good too, may need another one or hit the portal for a bruiser. OL is borderline. LB and pass rush seem to be very strong. WR is a need but that is what the portal is for. Go get a 1200 yard WR from the big 12 or somewhere even bigger.
Portal for WR shouldn't be a problem. Plenty of fish in that sea. Where we really need to focus on incoming freshmen is O line (duh)
Aggie_Nuke
AG
A number 5 ranking and $10 will get you a cup of coffee almost anywhere........

The ONLY valid ANNUAL goal for ALL Aggie Sports is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Gig'em !
FTAC '73
AgsMyDude
AG
How's the average recruit ranking looking

asking for a sip friend
90ags
Fell out of top 5 after Moore committing to the Ducks.

If Elko/staff can keep it top 10 by the end of it, consider it very successful. But, unless they get a couple 5 stars or several top 4 stars with remaining ships avail, don't think we'll hold in the top 10 mathematically. Also not closing out Tx kids is something to watch...can we recruit the state vs. heavy competition from everywhere.

We apparently are on the outside looking in for Lamont, Fasusi, Lockett and Terry, but who really knows until signing day. DJ Sanders has gone from high probability to 50/50 w sips I think now (wonder if why we took Sims) Don't know where we are w J Willams too, but hoping still in that convo. TE for KS may go elsewhere due to Armstrong commitment (but that kid could play a couple positions...thinking he's TE, but betting staff works him maybe even hybrid WR).

We shall see, but staff has done great work thus far!
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.