Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Interesting Take on A&M and SEC

19,866 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by greg.w.h
OBJTEX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ringo88 said:

Fair enough. I think for most of us, the proof of that is going to be the big trophy in the glass case. Once that happens, we have everyone's attention that matters. Until then. There will always be one person in the room who whispers disparagingly "1939".

Good point. We have just one NC in any sport that matters. One.

That is said, until we grab another we are the big engine that cant.

Tex117
AG
OBJTEX said:

Ringo88 said:

Fair enough. I think for most of us, the proof of that is going to be the big trophy in the glass case. Once that happens, we have everyone's attention that matters. Until then. There will always be one person in the room who whispers disparagingly "1939".

Good point. We have just one NC in any sport that matters. One.

That is said, until we grab another we are the big engine that cant.

Quite frankly, it will probably take more than one in the "big 3." (Not all weighted evenly of course).

In the end ATM has to find a way to win more consistently AND win the big games. I've been an Ag for a long time. I can count on one hand where ATM didn't completely sheet the bed when true national attention (in the college sports world) was on the Ags. (Baseball and basketball have got some hot streaks here and there over the years)

In football… damn man… other than a few upsets, I have a hard time thinking of any true "big time match up between hot teams" where ATM didn't lose.

Nino Brown
We haven't achieved anything?

Texas A&M has achieved a lot since joining the SEC in terms of branding, national exposure and national recruiting, funding, possibly the best facilities in the country and made new rivals in some hella fun places to visit in the SEC.

Don't give me this, "you had a 12 year head start" tu typical media spin bs.

Since A&M has been in the SEC Alabama has won 8 times! Yeah Saban gone now but since A&M has been in the SEC who has achieved anything outside of Bama?

LSU once, Georgia twice and ****ing Cam Newton.

And that's with Georgia and LSU having an eighty year head start on us
OBJTEX
Nino Brown said:

We haven't achieved anything?

Texas A&M has achieved a lot since joining the SEC in terms of branding, national exposure and national recruiting, funding, possibly the best facilities in the country and made new rivals in some hella fun places to visit in the SEC.

Don't give me this, "you had a 12 year head start" tu typical media spin bs.

Since A&M has been in the SEC Alabama has won 8 times! Yeah Saban gone now but since A&M has been in the SEC who has achieved anything outside of Bama?

LSU once, Georgia twice and ****ing Cam Newton.

And that's with Georgia and LSU having an eighty year head start on us

And that matters how? How many times did our game vs Bama decide if either we or Bama won SECW?

Zero.

Georgia played football in these same 12 years. Rose to compete with Bama.

LSU did.

Hell even Auburn played for Natty.

We beat them a few times which is awesome.

But we never really competed for a divisional title other than 12 and we just got hot too late in season and still finished 3rd in west.

greg.w.h
AG
Pardon…your self-loathing is showing…
greg.w.h
AG
Btw…you missed an Aggie competing for a championship in outdoor T&F in the 800m in early June. His name is Sam Whitmarsh and he's a junior from Lake Jackson.

He had a procedure on his heart and might never have competed again if it didn't correct the problem and leave him able to run.

He was highlighted as a front runner due to past performances including being a runner up in 2023 NCAAs.

In the race he opened at 5th when the field converged after the separated starting lanes, then fell back to about 7th and had no open path to win. Then about 110 meters out he started his move and passed all the way to the front of the main pack and at 50m in had a HUGE smile. A D-II champion now running for Virginia broke on the outside at about the same time from next to last and came up same time Sam did and went past him and out kicked him to win.

Sam smiled all the way over to give the winner a ferocious hug.

Tell me what was wrong with Sam's performance. Name one thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.