Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How would longhorms have reacted if Ags had....

5,596 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 12 sec ago by Muy
Steph 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thrown ourselves a parade and a huge party when we joined the SEC?

Can you imagine the things they would have said? ...

'How stupid!' 'How pompous!' 'How ridiculous!' And, for once, they would have been right!!! LOL

Just absolutely insane!
JohnLA762
AG
TX_Aggie37
AG
Really tough couple days on TexAgs.
Logos Stick
I thought it was pretty over the top and ridiculous.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You don't remember day 1?

Cojack
Cringe
Steph 92
AG
Definitely Not A Cop said:

Are you comparing this cringy video to the production they put on to welcome themselves into a conference they acted like was beneath them a few years ago?

Ok.
Aggie Dad 26
staff should consider making a forum for UTrans related threads. Oh wait
AggieTFA06
AG
I recall we did throw a party at Kyle Field when we joined the SEC. Free food was served and Mike Slive gave his iconic lines "Howdy Aggieland! Welcome to the SEC!" I remember overhearing SEC officials walk out saying "Texas A&M fits in the SEC".

Also, on July 1 of 2012, we had a flag raising ceremony at the Bright Athletic Complex when we joined the SEC.

However, what I think is pathatic about the Longhorns celebration is how they ridiculed us for years for being a part of the SEC.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
C2 Ag 93
At least on the clips and fan comments I've seen, they're being extremely cocky about entering, telling the SEC they're "here to rule it" or something similar. As cringe as that clip is someone posted above is, I recall our entry celebrating the SEC and rarely making such claims.

It was nice not being around the Austin element for 12 years. Hate to say it, but doesn't look like the last 12 years has changed them. I have nothing against the Sooners, but so far they've been showing their arrogance all along the way well (e.g., taking the wagon to each school as if their fans care to see it comes to mind).
GigEmNurse
I honestly don't care what they did, but the roasting of us when we first came to the SEC and the ones calling OU a "poverty school" for their less than over the top celebration are the things that get me. Why do they care so much what anyone else is doing?? They're the ones who say that they live rent free in everyone's minds, yet they are the ones creeping on all the other schools. To hell with them!!
dcg4403
AG
Their antics are childish.

Lets see what happens to their Director Cup opportunities after being in the SEC for a year. I honestly think the fan base has ZERO clue what is coming.

Cant wait. Been too many years now...waiting. All SEC teams want a piece and that's where we should all be laughing. It isnt just A&M that has a grudge.
usmcbrooks
Some of you guys couldn't wait for the whorns to join today, so you could fill this board with sip threads.
BJC
AG
JohnLA762 said:

I agree, let focus on us winning championships...
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
AgTrip
Take it to the SEC board!
greg.w.h
AG
I'm so glad Texas has to copy us…I was worried were you-nee-queue…
Turkey
AG
I don't care. I couldn't care less about them. They are not worthy of my attention.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Steph 92 said:

Are you comparing this cringy video to the production they put on to welcome themselves into a conference they acted like was beneath them a few years ago?

Ok.

No dude.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Think about this one: how would the state's media have reacted?

espn?
Farsight Institute, Atlanta, GA
olarmy96
AG

I always felt sorry for the girl that drew the South Carolina short straw...
The Agly Duckling
olarmy96 said:

I always felt sorry for the girl that drew the South Carolina short straw...

I can't even watch it again. The memory is painful enough.
RyanPearson
AG

Our administration just knows how to manufacture the cringiest ****, don't they?
vander54
S
AggieTFA06 said:

I recall we did throw a party at Kyle Field when we joined the SEC. Free food was served and Mike Slive gave his iconic lines "Howdy Aggieland! Welcome to the SEC!" I remember overhearing SEC officials walk out saying "Texas A&M fits in the SEC".

Also, on July 1 of 2012, we had a flag raising ceremony at the Bright Athletic Complex when we joined the SEC.

However, what I think is pathatic about the Longhorns celebration is how they ridiculed us for years for being a part of the SEC.

Their celebration was a much larger production and it comes after all their ridicule and BS SEC talk
World's worst proofreader
Schrute Farms
OU did it the best.

Muy
AG
Make no mistake, it looked super lame and only looked "awesome" when everyone showed up for the free Pit Bull concert and fireworks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.