Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TEXAS AGGIES in the Endzones

8,296 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by LatinAggie1997
Ringo88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where is my buzzer when I need it?
No, we are not the "Texas A&M Aggies". That's redundant. We are the Fightin' Texas Aggies. The other state schools do not have a trademark on our state's name. We are the Aggies of the state of Texas, aka the Texas Aggies.
Fatboy Thaddeus
Rongagin71 said:

FWIW, LSU is also the Louisiana Aggies.
Many states have large state schools that were once known as Aggies.
But there is no reason to confuse any of them with Texas Aggies.
Exactly. We are the premier school that still goes by Aggies. Emphasizing that helps keep a nice swath of American history (Land Grant Act) fresh in the public mind, gives us legitimate claim to that piece of history (Aggie jokes are part of that BTW), and is a tacit tip the hat to our conservative character.
The Zookeeper
AG
When does off-season end????
Ag Tag
The Zookeeper said:

When does off-season end????
Maybe when the season begins?
TxAgPreacher
S
BJC said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

AtticusMatlock said:

The "Texas Aggies" end zone concept was trashed by a marketing director who claimed it caused confusion. It went away along with several alternate logos. He wanted to simplify the brand. After he left for Baylor it just never came back.
He actually did a great job of getting our branding on point by simplifying our brand and providing one consistent logo and the wording of "Texas A&M Aggies." I do disagree with him on the "Texas Aggies" point but that is because I am an Ag all Aggies know the Fighting Texas Aggies moniker. Nationally, it may cause confusion but it is out there on the baseball uniforms and I would welcome seeing it in the endzone for a game to see how it fairs. Get a badass helmet for the 25th anniversary of Bonfire and paint the endzones with Texas Aggies for November 30th.
This right here....PASS IT BACK TO THOSE HERE WHO ARE STILL BEING WILLFULLY OBTUSE ABOUT THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT! Texas Aggies can very easily be confused with "texas longhorns" (which is absolutely the last thing we need given that they are now joining the SEC) hence the distinction of "Texas A&M" (Note: I am very much aware of Texas Aggies as I too have known about it over 45 years myself...).

As an upcoming junior 30 years ago this summer, while I was out of the Great State of TEXAS on, "US Government business", in a city where one of our so-called "manufacutred SEC rivals" is located while I was, "off work", I did some local shopping in the city and I found a vendor who was selling collegiate merchandise/apparel (I was wearing my T-shirt that had the ATM logo sans bevel on it) and I simply asked him about the availability of TAMU merchandise/apparel to see if we Ags have received national publicity.

To my surprise the vendor had a plethora of tu merchandise/apparel and literally no TAMU merchandise/apparel and as a result he confused us Ags being the same as the t-sips (the horror); it was an immediate wake-up call that at best TAMU was regionally known unlike tu at that time. Mind you (especially New Army here) that this was also during the time when we were dominating the SWC with multiple Cotton Bowl appearances almost annually and despite that, tu still had more national publicity than TAMU despite them placing much lower than us at that time in football.

Fortunately, our having been in the Big XII and now being in the SEC (despite their obvious still-current objections to us being there) have very much upgraded our national profile (along with the advances in technology). This is exactly why I say "Texas A&M" instead as that is what we are more nationally known as...

Contrary to popular belief here; I too am a Fightin' Texas A&M Aggie, an Aggie so true...I also want to btho tu...

wrong
Rongagin71
AG
I'm sure there is always some small percentage of young or immigrant people who have yet to pick up the difference between Texas Aggies and Texas Longhorns, but if they have any interest in sports or going to college, it won't take them long to pick up the difference.
Velvet Jones
AG

California Aggies.

Utah Aggies

New Mexico Aggies

North Carolina Aggies

Fightin' Texas Aggies

The lesson endeth here.
Trigon Jin
AgsWin2011
AG
Kill the bevel first.
Hey Nav
AG
WorkTogetherAgs
AG
StrykerAg
AG
BJC said:

Random Sample said:

Please bring it back! That's all.
No, because at TEXAS A&M we:

• ....are the TEXAS A&M AGGIES...not the "texas longhorns"!
  • ...throw up the Gig 'em sign, not "horns down"...leave that nonsense to the land thieves.
  • ...are the Aggies, the Aggies so true; we're from TEXAS A-M-U...Let tu be false and fake

Most importantly let's yell for us Aggies to be revved (hyped) up btho tu in every endeavor...

T. E. X-A-S.
A. G. G-I-E.
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

not the "texas longhorns"!

Texas Aggies.

Only a moron would confuse Texas Aggies vs Texas longhorns.
Shooter McGavin
AG
BJC said:

Random Sample said:

Please bring it back! That's all.
No, because at TEXAS A&M we:

• ....are the FIGHTIN TEXAS AGGIES...not the "texas longhorns"!
  • ...throw up the Gig 'em sign, not "horns down"...leave that nonsense to the land thieves.
  • ...are the Aggies, the Aggies are we; we're from TEXAS A-M-C...Let tu be false and fake

Most importantly let's yell for us Aggies to be revved (hyped) up btho tu in every endeavor...
FIFY
LatinAggie1997
AG
DO IT!
1. Olds remember it that way.
2. We are no longer the only TX school in the SEC and the End Zones should remind the country every game - we were first in being established and first in the conference.
3. There are two TX flagship universities. They are The Texas Aggies and the Texas Longhorns. Own it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.