Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TEXAS AGGIES in the Endzones

7,861 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by LatinAggie1997
Random Sample
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please bring it back! That's all.
"I'm not a walk behinder, I'm a new note finder." Hank Williams, Jr.
JohnLA762
AG
Only if we bring back jousting to determine who starts!

AgDotCom
Random Sample said:

Can't do that. It doesn't fit in with the new night club we've turned Kyle Field into.

We can't have rappers disguising themselves as farmers. That's kinda like having a Corps drum cadence preceding Kanye West's Power blaring over the gigatron sound system.

If you want to see things that don't go together, go to the men's department at J.C. Penny, or to Kyle Field, depending on which one is open at the time.
BJC
AG
Random Sample said:

No, because at TEXAS A&M we:

• ....are the TEXAS A&M AGGIES...not the "texas longhorns"!
  • ...throw up the Gig 'em sign, not "horns down"...leave that nonsense to the land thieves.
  • ...are the Aggies, the Aggies so true; we're from TEXAS A-M-U...Let tu be false and fake

Most importantly let's yell for us Aggies to be revved (hyped) up btho tu in every endeavor...
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
TexanJeff
AG
BJC said:

Random Sample said:

• ...throw up the Gig 'em sign, not "horns down"...leave that nonsense to the land thieves.
  • ...are the Aggies, the Aggies so true; we're from TEXAS A-M-U...Let tu be false and fake

Most importantly let's yell for us Aggies to be revved (hyped) up btho tu in every endeavor...

Disagree

Texas Aggies was on my first a&M sweatshirt i got 40
Years ago that my 4 year old wears now.

100% bring it back!
Fatboy Thaddeus
TexanJeff said:

112% bring it back!
Duckhook
AG
BJC said:

Random Sample said:

• ...are the Aggies, the Aggies so true; we're from TEXAS A-M-U

• Please, no. Seriously misguided effort by the administration to change the words to Spirit in the mid-70's. I was there. Nobody would sing it that way and it died a merciful, quiet death.
    AgDotCom
    BJC said:

Random Sample said:

We were first.

We'll call ourselves anything we damn well please.
    SteveA
    AG
    Nah.
    BBYD09
    AG
    Texas Aggies and singing Texas AMC forever!!!
    Rongagin71
    AG
    Random Sample said:

I grew up saying just "Texas Aggies" and never thinking more necessary.
    The "Texas A&M Aggies" business has always seemed redundant to me.

TX_Aggie37
    AG
    AgDotCom said:

Random Sample said:

Can't do that. It doesn't fit in with the new night club we've turned Kyle Field into.

We can't have rappers disguising themselves as farmers. That's kinda like having a Corps drum cadence preceding Kanye West's Power blaring over the gigatron sound system.

If you want to see things that don't go together, go to the men's department at J.C. Penny, or to Kyle Field, depending on which one is open at the time.

Do you have a hard time walking with that huge dump in your pants?
    Charlie 31
    AG
    JohnLA762 said:

Only if we bring back jousting to determine who starts!

When we say "Fightin' Texas Aggies," we mean fightin'!!!
    Aggie Dad 26
    BJC said:

Random Sample said:

Child please

[url=https://ibb.co/HVqNV1N][/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/qNrHY2k][/url]
    45-70Ag
    AG
    BJC said:

Random Sample said:

This can't be a real post.
    Slicer97
    AG
    Now forming at the North End of Kyle Field...
    The nationally famous Fightin' Texas A&M Aggie Band....

Yeah, that doesn't sound right at all.
    Scott Farcas
    Random Sample said:

i can't thumbs down this enough.

Texas A&M Aggies!!!!!!
    Odin
    AG
    I hate when they say that, it's one of the other, Texas A&M or Texas Aggies. When you put them together it's like saying the bevel out loud.

For my taste I buy anything I can that says Texas Aggies
    AtticusMatlock
    The "Texas Aggies" end zone concept was trashed by a marketing director who claimed it caused confusion. It went away along with several alternate logos. He wanted to simplify the brand. After he left for Baylor it just never came back.
    VP at Pierce and Pierce
    AtticusMatlock said:

The "Texas Aggies" end zone concept was trashed by a marketing director who claimed it caused confusion. It went away along with several alternate logos. He wanted to simplify the brand. After he left for Baylor it just never came back.
    He actually did a great job of getting our branding on point by simplifying our brand and providing one consistent logo and the wording of "Texas A&M Aggies." I do disagree with him on the "Texas Aggies" point but that is because I am an Ag all Aggies know the Fighting Texas Aggies moniker. Nationally, it may cause confusion but it is out there on the baseball uniforms and I would welcome seeing it in the endzone for a game to see how it fairs. Get a badass helmet for the 25th anniversary of Bonfire and paint the endzones with Texas Aggies for November 30th.
    Ogre09
    AG
    BJC said:

Random Sample said:

How did a sip get an Ag tag?
    Slicer97
    AG
    VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

AtticusMatlock said:

He actually did a great job of getting our branding on point by simplifying our brand and providing one consistent logo and the wording of "Texas A&M Aggies." I do disagree with him on the "Texas Aggies" point but that is because I am an Ag all Aggies know the Fighting Texas Aggies moniker. Nationally, it may cause confusion but it is out there on the baseball uniforms and I would welcome seeing it in the endzone for a game to see how it fairs. Get a badass helmet for the 25th anniversary of Bonfire and paint the endzones with Texas Aggies for November 30th.
    If he was all that great, he would've taken that stupid f'n bevel with him when he left.
    Slicer97
    AG
    Scott Farcas said:

Random Sample said:

i can't thumbs down this enough.

Texas A&M Aggies!!!!!!
    I can't thumbs down this enough.

Fightin' Texas Aggies
    The Aggies of Texas A&M

We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we
    We're from Texas AMC
    T-E-X-A-S
    A-G-G-I-E....

And so on and so forth.
    VP at Pierce and Pierce
    Slicer97 said:

AtticusMatlock said:

If he was all that great, he would've taken that stupid f'n bevel with him when he left.
    Man I understand the pain on the bevel but I think there is more to the bevel than just him. It always seemed like that was the brain child of someone with influence as it quickly became prevalent across the brand and is even on the seal now which means it is not going anywhere.
    DevilD77
    AG
    BJC said:

Random Sample said:

Wrong.

1. We are the Fighting Texas Aggies from Texas A&M University. Always have been, always will be.

2. We've been throwing horns down since before I was an Aggie.

3. We are the Aggies, the Aggies are we, we're from Texas AMC! A tribute to our roots! Never let it die.
    fightinag

Let's welcome those cheating, gay, fudge packing sips to Kyle field by giving them the top 4 rows in the North endzone for their fans and horn blowing band
    Ag Tag
    fightinag said:

Let's welcome those cheating, gay, fudge packing sips to Kyle field by giving them the top 4 rows in the North endzone for their fans and horn blowing band
    Yes, they've certainly done it to visitors, themselves.
    BJC
    AG
    Aggie Class of 2026 said:

BJC said:

Random Sample said:

Child please

[url=https://ibb.co/HVqNV1N][/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/qNrHY2k][/url]
    Says the New Army Ag....see my signature and do the math...
    BJC
    AG
    Ogre09 said:

BJC said:

Random Sample said:

How did a sip get an Ag tag?
    They cannot...but I did receive my Ag Tag here long ago due to my being a Former Student...
    BJC
    AG

AtticusMatlock said:

This right here....PASS IT BACK TO THOSE HERE WHO ARE STILL BEING WILLFULLY OBTUSE ABOUT THIS SIMPLE CONCEPT! Texas Aggies can very easily be confused with "texas longhorns" (which is absolutely the last thing we need given that they are now joining the SEC) hence the distinction of "Texas A&M" (Note: I am very much aware of Texas Aggies as I too have known about it over 45 years myself...).

As an upcoming junior 30 years ago this summer, while I was out of the Great State of TEXAS on, "US Government business", in a city where one of our so-called "manufacutred SEC rivals" is located while I was, "off work", I did some local shopping in the city and I found a vendor who was selling collegiate merchandise/apparel (I was wearing my T-shirt that had the ATM logo sans bevel on it) and I simply asked him about the availability of TAMU merchandise/apparel to see if we Ags have received national publicity.

To my surprise the vendor had a plethora of tu merchandise/apparel and literally no TAMU merchandise/apparel and as a result he confused us Ags being the same as the t-sips (the horror); it was an immediate wake-up call that at best TAMU was regionally known unlike tu at that time. Mind you (especially New Army here) that this was also during the time when we were dominating the SWC with multiple Cotton Bowl appearances almost annually and despite that, tu still had more national publicity than TAMU despite them placing much lower than us at that time in football.

Fortunately, our having been in the Big XII and now being in the SEC (despite their obvious still-current objections to us being there) have very much upgraded our national profile (along with the advances in technology). This is exactly why I say "Texas A&M" instead as that is what we are more nationally known as...

Contrary to popular belief here; I too am a Fightin' Texas A&M Aggie, an Aggie so true...I also want to btho tu...
    ahlongslide
    AG
    Member when recruits committed to "University of Texas @ A&M"?
    BJC
    AG
    ahlongslide said:

That is what Fish Camp/Howdy Week/upperclassmen are for...to help the incoming fish resolve these "discrepancies via naivete"...
    Aston 91
    AG
    ahlongslide said:

Or when they switched commitments to "The University of LSU" (ala Harvey Williams...)
    BJC
    AG
    Aston 91 said:

ahlongslide said:

Or when they switched commitments to "The University of LSU" (ala Harvey Williams...)
    Who cares about LSU?
    Rongagin71
    AG
    FWIW, LSU is also the Louisiana Aggies.
    Many states have large state schools that were once known as Aggies.
    But there is no reason to confuse any of them with Texas Aggies.
    Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.