Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

O/U on sips season

12,132 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by The Porkchop Express
Scott Farcas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
409Kat said:

And eats snickers upside down to feel the veins

/thread. you sir, are the winner.
BigSneezy
StinkyPinky said:

Interesting take on college football show on ESPN this morning talking about best bets on the 2024 season wins. Unanimously picked tu and the under at 10.5. Talked about the three games they eeked out wins and could have (and should have in some cases) lost the game. Totally agree and feels like Vegas is getting this one wrong. Interesting enough they also said the easy by on the Over side is OU at 7.5. That one would cause me to pause first year in SEC. We're at 8.5 which is fairly debatable. But my money would go with the Over if forced to make a wager.

There were many games Texas won last season that they would have lost against an SEC opponent. They were exposed against Washington. They get up for big games but expect easy games. There won't be any. So I don't think they go 8-4. But I think they easily lose two. Possibly three. And if they lose to Michigan maybe 4.
MagnumLoad
murphyag said:

Faustus said:

B-1 83 said:

They're really hanging their hats on that Michigan game………with a Michigan team that lost 13 players to the draft.

Texas lost 11 payers to the draft, so not terribly different.
Michigan also lost their HC. I think new HC, the 13 players drafted, and the players they lost to the portal will have a negative effect on Michigan. They are a completely different team than last year. Won't be nearly as tough, but tu and their buddies in the media will ignore this fact if they win.

It's at Michigan. That's worth 7 points for Michigan.
phatty26
NyAggie said:

I don't think ou gets more than 7 wins.

I don't think tu gets less than 9

give ou tu's schedule and tu ou's schedule and I don't think ou gets less than 9 wins and I don't think tu gets more than 7

point is, tu is getting all this love because their schedule is as easy as it could possibly be ion the SEC while ou's is just about as tough as it could possibly be without just handpicking every tough team in the league and putting on their schedule

If ou is 7/5 it will be impressive. They have 4 bill synder freebies and after that it's real.
jsmc71
AG
CoachLB said:

Texas can get "up" for a big game. They were 10-10 with Wyoming in the 4th quarter. They beat K-State in OT at home when the wildcats missed an extra point and a chip shot FG. They had a dogfight with Iowa State. They play that inconsistent in the SEC they will be a 4 to 5 loss team. Especially if they are on the road.
This. If it wasn't for having their fans ref their games, I'd take the under all day even if it was 9.5.
TxAg76
AG
Who gives a F about sip?
And why dither about their hypothetical record?
It's irrelevant.

The week we play them, that's fine, but otherwise we've got a schedule full of good teams in the best conference in football.

At this point, sip is just another team.
StinkyPinky
AG
TxAg76 said:

Who gives a F about sip?
And why dither about their hypothetical record?
It's irrelevant.

The week we play them, that's fine, but otherwise we've got a schedule full of good teams in the best conference in football.

At this point, sip is just another team.
It's not about the sips. Its about gambling, making some easy money. And even better when its at their expense.
StinkyPinky
AG
jsmc71 said:

CoachLB said:

Texas can get "up" for a big game. They were 10-10 with Wyoming in the 4th quarter. They beat K-State in OT at home when the wildcats missed an extra point and a chip shot FG. They had a dogfight with Iowa State. They play that inconsistent in the SEC they will be a 4 to 5 loss team. Especially if they are on the road.
This. If it wasn't for having their fans ref their games, I'd take the under all day even if it was 9.5.
Took the under at 10.5, and then also parlayed it with ND and the under (also 10.5). Usually avoid parlays on seasonal's but this one was too good to pass up. Also considering Fl St and Kansas St at 9.5 (unders).
sam callahan
Chances of me hating that program no matter what they do: 100%
dcg4403
AG
Seems like a solid bet. Like very solid.

I am making that bet.
MosesRAB-93
AG
JWinTX said:

TexasRebel said:

OU will get them, too.

I think the game that they're gonna lose because they will be looking past them is at Arkansas. Pittman will be coaching for his job and a win over Texas in Fayettenam would help greatly. I think they'll lose to UGa and Arky. But I'll believe they lose in CS when I see it. Their "advantages" aren't going away.

Fayettenam refers to Fayetteville in North Carolina, not the one in Arkansas.
BMX Bandit
MosesRAB-93 said:

JWinTX said:

TexasRebel said:

OU will get them, too.

I think the game that they're gonna lose because they will be looking past them is at Arkansas. Pittman will be coaching for his job and a win over Texas in Fayettenam would help greatly. I think they'll lose to UGa and Arky. But I'll believe they lose in CS when I see it. Their "advantages" aren't going away.

Fayettenam refers to Fayetteville in North Carolina, not the one in Arkansas.

Very fake news.

Take that ish to a CIAA board.
BMX Bandit
What you lay on that U10.5? It's -170 on DraftKings. Seems cost prohibitive IMO
LB12Diamond
AG
Sips only had 3 real games last year and went 1-2.

This year it seems they only have 4.
If they lose to Michigan they could very well go 0-4.
StinkyPinky
AG
BMX Bandit said:

What you lay on that U10.5? It's -170 on DraftKings. Seems cost prohibitive IMO
-110. But was earlier.

Edit: deleting amounts, no need to share that here
The Lost
StinkyPinky said:

B-1 83 said:

They're really hanging their hats on that Michigan game………with a Michigan team that lost 13 players to the draft.
Agree. Same with Missouri. Need to see who they lost/retained but was set at 9.5. They had a great season last year but if it's sustainable is a provoking question.

Easy schedule. @bama, @a&m, vs ou is pretty much their season. Currently favored vs ou. So tops 2 games they'll be dogs in.

Return most of oline, qb, and whole receiving room including a top 5 wr. Lose rb, a chunk of defense.

9-3 is probably the bottom off schedule alone. Their 3 tough games are all recruiting behemoths, but big coaching/qb turnover.
Done7
Don't care. Ban user and delete thread.
HoustonAggie427
O/U on 10.5 is easy money. Take the under.

Don't get me wrong, they are really good and will make the playoffs. But 11 wins means only losing 1 of these @Michigan, @A&M, Georgia, and OU.

The bet here is do you think they can win 3 of these games? Possibly, but odds are probably against it.
2thFixinAg
StinkyPinky said:

Interesting take on college football show on ESPN this morning talking about best bets on the 2024 season wins. Unanimously picked tu and the under at 10.5. Talked about the three games they eeked out wins and could have (and should have in some cases) lost the game. Totally agree and feels like Vegas is getting this one wrong. Interesting enough they also said the easy by on the Over side is OU at 7.5. That one would cause me to pause first year in SEC. We're at 8.5 which is fairly debatable. But my money would go with the Over if forced to make a wager.
just a betting tip. Don't ever bet on teams that you are emotionally invested in. either love or hate. It's a bad bad plan over time.
StinkyPinky
AG
2thFixinAg said:

StinkyPinky said:

just a betting tip. Don't ever bet on teams that you are emotionally invested in. either love or hate. It's a bad bad plan over time.
Words of wisdom that I 100% agree. Not betting against the sips because I hate them, betting against them because the play at the time was right in the sweet spot.
CowPieAndFries
agINbj2000 said:

Can't understand why people are so obsessed with the sips

As for us, new HC new offense new defense new special teams…. Only thing that is favorable is the schedule (not that rough compared to past years)…we can very good or very unpredictable… we shall see… football can't come fast enough, particularly with the baseball fiasco
What Baseball fiasco? We lost a coach big deal. Every player that entered the portal is coming back and we have since picked up three new studs. So long Schloss hello Coach Earley! Let's get'em Ags.
Formerly CowPieAndFries
The Porkchop Express
AG
They start off 2-5, then end the season beating us 49-10.
Life is better with a beagle
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.