Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

O/U on sips season

8,985 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by The Lost
StinkyPinky
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting take on college football show on ESPN this morning talking about best bets on the 2024 season wins. Unanimously picked tu and the under at 10.5. Talked about the three games they eeked out wins and could have (and should have in some cases) lost the game. Totally agree and feels like Vegas is getting this one wrong. Interesting enough they also said the easy by on the Over side is OU at 7.5. That one would cause me to pause first year in SEC. We're at 8.5 which is fairly debatable. But my money would go with the Over if forced to make a wager.
agINbj2000
Can't understand why people are so obsessed with the sips

As for us, new HC new offense new defense new special teams…. Only thing that is favorable is the schedule (not that rough compared to past years)…we can very good or very unpredictable… we shall see… football can't come fast enough, particularly with the baseball fiasco
B-1 83
AG
They're really hanging their hats on that Michigan game………with a Michigan team that lost 13 players to the draft.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
StinkyPinky
AG
B-1 83 said:

They're really hanging their hats on that Michigan game………with a Michigan team that lost 13 players to the draft.
Agree. Same with Missouri. Need to see who they lost/retained but was set at 9.5. They had a great season last year but if its sustainable is a provoking question.
rolo
I hope all their players forget how to play football every game
Faustus
B-1 83 said:

Texas lost 11 payers to the draft, so not terribly different.
JohnLA762
AG
WGAS about sips?

They sit down to pee, eat bananas for the shape not taste, and can't help but lie. **** 'em!
murphyag
AG
Faustus said:

B-1 83 said:

Michigan also lost their HC. I think new HC, the 13 players drafted, and the players they lost to the portal will have a negative effect on Michigan. They are a completely different team than last year. Won't be nearly as tough, but tu and their buddies in the media will ignore this fact if they win.
Mongo1225
murphyag said:

Faustus said:

B-1 83 said:

Michigan also lost their HC. I think new HC, the 13 players drafted, and the players they lost to the portal will have a negative effect on Michigan. They are a completely different team than last year. Won't be nearly as tough, but tu and their buddies in the media will ignore this fact if they win.
it's still at the Big House against last years champs, it will be a pretty big win for them. I don't think anyone is saying Michigan is the same team as last year, but they will not be trash either.
CoachLB
Texas can get "up" for a big game. They were 10-10 with Wyoming in the 4th quarter. They beat K-State in OT at home when the wildcats missed an extra point and a chip shot FG. They had a dogfight with Iowa State. They play that inconsistent in the SEC they will be a 4 to 5 loss team. Especially if they are on the road.
Faustus
murphyag said:

Faustus said:

B-1 83 said:

Yeah I don't see them discounting a win at Michigan either unless Michigan drops 3-4 games. 2 losses and it's still a Top 10 win on the road.

Given the history of choking this seems like a pretty likely gaffe game for the Horns regardless but no reason not to be prepared.
OBJTEX
StinkyPinky said:

Interesting take on college football show on ESPN this morning talking about best bets on the 2024 season wins. Unanimously picked tu and the under at 10.5. Talked about the three games they eeked out wins and could have (and should have in some cases) lost the game. Totally agree and feels like Vegas is getting this one wrong. Interesting enough they also said the easy by on the Over side is OU at 7.5. That one would cause me to pause first year in SEC. We're at 8.5 which is fairly debatable. But my money would go with the Over if forced to make a wager.

Who cares?

HonoraryTexan
AG
Doesn't matter. Regardless of how they do, the horns will try to hire Elko as their head coach the day after we lose to Georgia in the National Championship.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2012
409Kat
And eats snickers upside down to feel the veins
TexasRebel
AG
0-12
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Texas will finish 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Georgia, and Texas A&M. There is a good chance that the Texas game will be a play-in game. It would be sweet to beat Texas to make the 12-team CFP field and eliminate Texas from CFP contention.
TexasRebel
AG
OU will get them, too.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Texas fill finish 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Georgia, and Texas A&M. There is a good chance that the Texas game will be a play-in game. It would be sweet to beat Texas to make the 12-team CFP field and eliminate Texas from CFP contention.
I am not sure Michigan will beat tu. Michigan lost I think 18 starters including QB1 along with HC and both DCs. That's a lot to lose, I think Michigan goes 8-4.

I dont think tu is going to be a top tier team in 2024 but they only 4 teams that even sniff their talent; rebuilding Michigan, inexperienced OU, loaded Georgia in Austin, loaded A&M. I am not sure that tu has the slip up game, maybe Florida or Kentucky but both are at home.

I do think tu enters Kyle at 9-2.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

Texas fill finish 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Georgia, and Texas A&M. There is a good chance that the Texas game will be a play-in game. It would be sweet to beat Texas to make the 12-team CFP field and eliminate Texas from CFP contention.
I am not sure Michigan will beat tu. Michigan lost I think 18 starters including QB1 along with HC and both DCs. That's a lot to lose, I think Michigan goes 8-4.

I dont think tu is going to be a top tier team in 2024 but they only 4 teams that even sniff their talent; rebuilding Michigan, inexperienced OU, loaded Georgia in Austin, loaded A&M. I am not sure that tu has the slip up game, maybe Florida or Kentucky but both are at home.

I do think tu enters Kyle at 9-2.
Yes, Michigan lost many starters and most importantly their head coach and both defensive coordinators. So, I won't be surprised if Texas beats Michigan on the road, but I am just predicting Michigan to beat Texas for now. I can see both Texas and Texas A&M entering the regular season finale at Kyle Field with identical 9-2 records and playing for a CFP spot.
Aggie Dad 26
rolo said:

I hope all their players forget how to play football every game
in 5 months you'll be back to being excited about playing them again.
rolo
Sure thing noob
JWinTX
TexasRebel said:

OU will get them, too.

I think the game that they're gonna lose because they will be looking past them is at Arkansas. Pittman will be coaching for his job and a win over Texas in Fayettenam would help greatly. I think they'll lose to UGa and Arky. But I'll believe they lose in CS when I see it. Their "advantages" aren't going away.
dcg4403
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Texas will finish 9-3 with losses to Michigan, Georgia, and Texas A&M. There is a good chance that the Texas game will be a play-in game. It would be sweet to beat Texas to make the 12-team CFP field and eliminate Texas from CFP contention.

No way! That is their upper limit.

8-4 is far more likely to be their top IMO.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
dcg4403 said:

Iraq2xVeteran said:

No way! That is their upper limit.

8-4 is far more likely to be their top IMO.
I hate to disagree, but I think 8-4 is their floor and 10-2 is their ceiling. The only teams with superior or comparable talent to Texas are Michigan, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Texas A&M. Besides road games at Michigan and Texas A&M, Texas has easy road games at Vanderbilt and Arkansas. Besides a home game against Georgia, Texas has home games against Mississippi State, Florida and Kentucky. I don't think Texas will lose any of these games because Texas has far superior talent to these teams. In summary, the Texas received a very favorable conference schedule that avoids Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss, Missouri, and Tennessee in their first two years in the conference.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
JWinTX said:

TexasRebel said:

OU will get them, too.

I think the game that they're gonna lose because they will be looking past them is at Arkansas. Pittman will be coaching for his job and a win over Texas in Fayettenam would help greatly. I think they'll lose to UGa and Arky. But I'll believe they lose in CS when I see it. Their "advantages" aren't going away.
I would love to see that happen, but Arkansas will likely be heavy underdog when they host Texas. Yes, Arkansas throttled Texas 40-21 three years ago, but these two teams have gone in opposite directions in the since 2022. Arkansas hung tough in road games at 10-3 (5-3 SEC) LSU, 11-2 (6-2 SEC) Ole Miss, and eventual 12-2 (8-0 SEC) SEC Champion Alabama, losing by a combined margin of 13 points. However, Arkansas also lost very winnable home games to 5-7 (2-7 Big 12) BYU and 5-7 (1-7 SEC) Mississippi State by a combined margin of 10 points. Even worse, Arkansas ended last season with blowout home losses to Auburn and Missouri by a combined score of 96-24.

Of course, Arkansas lost many starters from last years 4-8 (1-7 SEC) team. Still, Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman and his coaching staff will have their team prepared to compete in most weeks. The Texas vs Arkansas game could be more competitive than most people expect.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
JWinTX said:

TexasRebel said:

OU will get them, too.

I would love to see it. Arky is not nearly as talented as they have been in the past. They will have a very good RB room, decent QBs, not sure they have much at WR or OL but their OC should negate that. On defense their DL could match up well against a really good tu OL. Could be a good game.
hornfan89
Texas fan here, just in case the username didn't give it away. I don't know where the hype is coming from, maybe a recency bias? I've watched Texas get it's a** kicked for over a decade in a conference with far less talent. Even last season should have been worse, officials did every thing possible to give them the UH game. Rice was the least inspiring "blowout" I have ever seen. Wyoming should have never been that close in the 4th quarter. If KSU kicks the extra point in OT to extend the game instead of going for 2, Texas folds. Their certainly were some high points like going in to Tuscaloosa and getting the win, exorcising The BYU demon (I still have nightmares about Taysom Hill), The Tech game was an awesome environment, and weirdly enough the ISU game, the score for the game was actually misleading for how one sided that game was, once Texas blocked the kick they dictated the rest of the game. With all of that being said, I have Georgia, Oklahoma, and A&M as definite losses. Georgia is Georgia. A&M has a loaded roster and Kyle Field will be insane. Texas can't get over the Oklahoma hurdle. Strong and Herman beat them in year 2 and never again. Sark beat them in year 2, I'm not holding my breath for another win until the next coach comes in. Michigan will be a toss up, our offensive line is supposed to be good (I have to see a year of them being good to believe it) and their defensive line is still going to be really good. I know Florida is supposed to be awful this year but I've seen Texas lose to Kansas twice since 2016 so I'll give the Florida game a toss up as well. I remember what happened the last time they went to Fayetteville. I could see 7-5 or even worse. God, I hope I'm wrong but the last 15 years haven't done much to make me expect better. I guess the reason I'm posting is to show that not all Texas fans have their heads in the clouds and think that we're going to come in and dominate. Good luck next year and I hope A&M loses every game, especially the one on 11/30/2024. Hook 'Em.
Bill Superman
AG
People believe whatever the MSM tells them, and they've been told that sip is the best team and will be a force to be reckoned with in the SEC.

The reality is that they had a cakewalk schedule last season and the easiest path to and through the playoffs as anyone has before, yet they still managed to barely squeak by and boofed it.

While they have been given the easiest SEC schedule possible, they still will have to play tougher teams than they did last season. I see them going 9-3 with losses to Georgia, Arkansas, and hopefully us.

They are perpetually the most overrated team in all of sports, nothing has changed.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
hornfan89 said:

Texas fan here, just in case the username didn't give it away. I don't know where the hype is coming from, maybe a recency bias? I've watched Texas get it's a** kicked for over a decade in a conference with far less talent. Even last season should have been worse, officials did every thing possible to give them the UH game. Rice was the least inspiring "blowout" I have ever seen. Wyoming should have never been that close in the 4th quarter. If KSU kicks the extra point in OT to extend the game instead of going for 2, Texas folds. Their certainly were some high points like going in to Tuscaloosa and getting the win, exorcising The BYU demon (I still have nightmares about Taysom Hill), The Tech game was an awesome environment, and weirdly enough the ISU game, the score for the game was actually misleading for how one sided that game was, once Texas blocked the kick they dictated the rest of the game. With all of that being said, I have Georgia, Oklahoma, and A&M as definite losses. Georgia is Georgia. A&M has a loaded roster and Kyle Field will be insane. Texas can't get over the Oklahoma hurdle. Strong and Herman beat them in year 2 and never again. Sark beat them in year 2, I'm not holding my breath for another win until the next coach comes in. Michigan will be a toss up, our offensive line is supposed to be good (I have to see a year of them being good to believe it) and their defensive line is still going to be really good. I know Florida is supposed to be awful this year but I've seen Texas lose to Kansas twice since 2016 so I'll give the Florida game a toss up as well. I remember what happened the last time they went to Fayetteville. I could see 7-5 or even worse. God, I hope I'm wrong but the last 15 years haven't done much to make me expect better. I guess the reason I'm posting is to show that not all Texas fans have their heads in the clouds and think that we're going to come in and dominate. Good luck next year and I hope A&M loses every game, especially the one on 11/30/2024. Hook 'Em.
I appreciate your rational post about your team. The hype is coming from probably recency bias because Texas is coming off a 12-2 (8-1 Big 12) finish, a Big 12 Championship, and a CFP appearance that included a 10-point road win at 12-2 (8-0 SEC) SEC Champion Alabama for Alabama's only regular season loss. Yes, Texas had close road wins at 4-8 (2-7 Big 12) Houston and 5-7 (3-6 Big 12) TCU and a close home win over Kansas State. The very favorable SEC Schedule with home games against Mississippi State, Florida, and Kentucky and road games at Vanderbilt and Arkansas is another reason for the hype. Next year, Texas will play the same SEC opponents with the home and away games flipped.

I think Michigan and Oklahoma, are tossup games for Texas. Michigan lost many starters and most importantly their head coach Jim Harbaugh to the NFL, but it will still be a tough road game. Oklahoma has won 11 of their last 15 games against Texas, including the 2018 Big 12 Championship Game. Texas' likely looses will be to Georgia and Texas A&M. Yes, Georgia will be Texas' toughest opponent, even at Darrell K. Royal Stadium. Texas A&M will be Texas' toughest road game. For these reasons, I think the floor is 8-4 and the ceiling is 10-2 for Texas. Good luck next year, and I hope Texas A&M finishes far ahead of Texas in the SEC standings, including a win over Texas on 11/30/24. Gig' Em!
GenericAggie
AG
CoachLB said:

Texas can get "up" for a big game. They were 10-10 with Wyoming in the 4th quarter. They beat K-State in OT at home when the wildcats missed an extra point and a chip shot FG. They had a dogfight with Iowa State. They play that inconsistent in the SEC they will be a 4 to 5 loss team. Especially if they are on the road.

Sounds good but have you looked at their SEC away schedule?

UK, Vandy and A&M.

Not exactly the cream of the crop
NyAggie
AG
I don't think ou gets more than 7 wins.

I don't think tu gets less than 9

give ou tu's schedule and tu ou's schedule and I don't think ou gets less than 9 wins and I don't think tu gets more than 7

point is, tu is getting all this love because their schedule is as easy as it could possibly be ion the SEC while ou's is just about as tough as it could possibly be without just handpicking every tough team in the league and putting on their schedule

StinkyPinky
AG
NyAggie said:

give ou tu's schedule and tu ou's schedule and I don't think ou gets less than 9 wins and I don't think tu gets more than 7

point is, tu is getting all this love because their schedule is as easy as it could possibly be ion the SEC while ou's is just about as tough as it could possibly be without just handpicking every tough team in the league and putting on their schedule

I'm thinking the opposite. I think sip absolutely loses to Michigan and Georgia, and most likely see's two losses out of us, OU, and Kentucky.

OU has a tougher row to hoe, I have them at 6 wins as the bottom, with a chance of wins vs Tenn and Ole Miss. They do have a tough schedule thought this year. Welcome to the SEC!
NyAggie
AG
StinkyPinky said:

NyAggie said:

I'm thinking the opposite. I think sip absolutely loses to Michigan and Georgia, and most likely see's two losses out of us, OU, and Kentucky.

OU has a tougher row to hoe, I have them at 6 wins as the bottom, with a chance of wins vs Tenn and Ole Miss. They do have a tough schedule thought this year. Welcome to the SEC!

Too bad tu didn't get OU's schedule, because if they did I don't think they win more than 7
VP at Pierce and Pierce
StinkyPinky said:

NyAggie said:

Michigan might eek out 9 wins but I think they go 8-4 with a loss to tu. They lost like 19 starters including QB1 and HC and both DCs; that is too much production to assume they can just reload. I would love to see Kentucky pull of the upset at tu, they do have talent but I have a feeling the refs wont allow that.

Regarding OU, their defense is going to be a top tier squad and probably a year away from being an elite unit. That defense will keep them in games and their QB has the tools to be good player from day 1. Their issue is OL, they had 8 different OL start a game last season and all 8 transferred or turned pro. That will hurt when they teams like Ole Miss, Tenn, and Bama. I can see OU winning 9 though, might be a stretch. Surprisingly they do match up well with tu.
StinkyPinky
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

StinkyPinky said:

NyAggie said:

Michigan might eek out 9 wins but I think they go 8-4 with a loss to tu. They lost like 19 starters including QB1 and HC and both DCs; that is too much production to assume they can just reload. I would love to see Kentucky pull of the upset at tu, they do have talent but I have a feeling the refs wont allow that.

Regarding OU, their defense is going to be a top tier squad and probably a year away from being an elite unit. That defense will keep them in games and their QB has the tools to be good player from day 1. Their issue is OL, they had 8 different OL start a game last season and all 8 transferred or turned pro. That will hurt when they teams like Ole Miss, Tenn, and Bama. I can see OU winning 9 though, might be a stretch. Surprisingly they do match up well with tu.
Wow! Didn't realize Mich lost so many players. Thats gutted!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.