Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Which game was this?!

3,736 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Kurten Aggie
Aggie Dad 26
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really wish I hadn't missed this. I just saw this on YouTube. As a huge Dave South fan, this was pretty special for a lot of folks. If you're related to Dave, or you're reading. Thanks for all the memories Dave.

aggiephoenix02
gestapoparrot
New Mexico 2017

Nick Starkel throws 4 touchdowns in one half and goes for over 400 yards passing in a 55-14 beatdown after returning from foot surgery.
deer corn
Hahahaha, I loved Dave South and listening to him call games if I couldn't watch. He would get posters here so riled up about how he'd be calling the game, get a crescendo in his voice like something good happened, "...QB throws a 40 yard pass and the receiver...and...he's got a hand on it....

.......dropped."
92Ag95
AG
"He got a touchdown!, he got a touchdown!, he got a touchdown!, he got a touchdown!.....he got it in!, he got it in!, he got it in!.....oh doctor!"
92Ag95
AG
deer corn said:

Hahahaha, I loved Dave South and listening to him call games if I couldn't watch. He would get posters here so riled up about how he'd be calling the game, get a crescendo in his voice like something good happened, "...QB throws a 40 yard pass and the receiver...and...he's got a hand on it....

.......dropped."
lol....as much as I loved Dave...he was hard to listen to at times.
AggieMD95
AG
92Ag95 said:

deer corn said:

.......dropped."

Or he would use the super calm Voice w opponents in possession so audience expecting mundane play … " hand off and jones dives up the middle…….and it's Aaaah….. first down yardage…. They'll mark it out to the 45 for a 28 yard gain on the play …. ". I'm like wuuuuuuut?!
Aggie Dad 26
I can still remember sitting in my late grandmother's Ford Explorer and hearing him call the KOR in Austin (93'). It was so cold. If my memory serves me correctly it was Leeland McElroy that went 102 yards. What a moment!
92Ag95
AG
AggieMD95 said:

92Ag95 said:

deer corn said:

.......dropped."

Or he would use the super calm Voice w opponents in possession so audience expecting mundane play … " hand off and jones dives up the middle…….and it's Aaaah….. first down yardage…. They'll mark it out to the 45 for a 28 yard gain on the play …. ". I'm like wuuuuuuut?!
My favorite was something like...

"3rd and goal aggies from the 5....long snap count.....Farris, drops back, throws......corner of the endzone....no, he was sacked."
OleRock02
AG
One of the away games against Okie State. Possibly 2008. Wasn't on TV.

Following an OSU touchdown:

"And there's a flag on the field. Not sure what that would be at this point"

"Those are the kicker's shoes, Dave."
Jtb102
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

I really wish I hadn't missed this. I just saw this on YouTube. As a huge Dave South fan, this was pretty special for a lot of folks. If you're related to Dave, or you're reading. Thanks for all the memories Dave.

"That guy drops back, he's sacked, no first down Ags" I miss dave

aggiejim70
AG
I've often wondered what ever became of Dave's two favorite platers, That Guy and Some Body.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Kurten Aggie
AG
Who is "That Guy"?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.