Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nice Guys Finish Last

7,307 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Marximus65
Bill Superman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here we are again, relying on handshake deals and assuming the best in everyone only to get stabbed in the back and made to look like fools once again, and at the hands of sip again no less.

The reality is, in business and the world of sports, nice guys finish last. We're always one step behind sip and everyone else because we take everything at face value and assume the best in everyone. We will not be treated as we treat others and we need to accept that.

It's high time we assume the worst and prepare accordingly. Our brass need to get their sht together and stop being bamboozled at every turn. I can assure you that sip knows who our refs will be on 11/30 already while we're trying to figure out how much we'll charge for a chicken wrap. Know where the real damn money is, it's in winning.

And winning isn't being done by playing nice and fair. It's done by leveraging everything at your disposal to gain the advantage.

I'm tired of being the lovable loser who is actually hated. We need to pull every punch and political string possible. If there is a debate on who is the most hated, then we're doing it all wrong. And once we get that title and they beg for mercy, it's time to dig our heels into their throats.

NewEra2023
AG
I'm with you. We won't do *****
QB1
AG
Eugene Semko!
well_endowed_ag
Yep, we will be perpetually behind the curve as always.
texag101
We'll just keep winning halftime.
#Mke
AG
When you mentioned the refs, it really hit home. You're probably right honestly. Blue star.
12thmanfootball
AG
Make A&M THE WALKON University.........if were not gonna win big titles in men's sports anyway, why not make our school a place for athletes to go that really want to play (I.e. don't pay for a bunch of NIL primadonnas).
TXAG 05
AG
We weren't bamboozled on this one. They knew he was leaving for a while. Did what they could to try to keep him but it wasn't enough.
Bill Superman
AG
TXAG 05 said:

We weren't bamboozled on this one. They knew he was leaving for a while. Did what they could to try to keep him but it wasn't enough.
We should NEVER lose a HC to our rival if we don't want to, under any circumstances. Schloss was literally recruiting players to sip on burner phones and had worked out this deal well in advance without our powers doing anything to stop it. We were bamboozled no matter how you look at it.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I completely agree with the OP. We need to maximize the resources at our disposal to gain advantages.
beerad12man
AG
Well, we hired the low character guy and that's part of the reason we are here.

Sure, nice guys may finish last. But you still need to go after both winning and character. Good, high character guys aren't necessarily the same as nice guys. We need to fight back with everything we have, but I'm not sure this was preventable like you think.
beerad12man
AG
And no, we aren't always one step behind. This is the literal first time in my life we had a coach stolen like this. And it was extreme circumstances (an oddly close relationship between Schloss and CDC)
Aggie Dad 26
Quote:

I'm tired of being the lovable loser
Aggie Dad 26
beerad12man said:

And no, we aren't always one step behind. This is the literal first time in my life we had a coach stolen like this. And it was extreme circumstances (an oddly close relationship between Schloss and CDC)

Lol riiiiight

We were one step behind with Jimbo. Should have cut bait sooner. Same with Sumlin. Same with Fran

Yes, we're absolutely always one step behind.
agINbj2000
Why can't we demand / force changes in our system to have professionals do their jobs? The AD sounds not big time; the decision makers very dumb / laughable; everything is like kindergarden
Bill Superman
AG
Aggie Class of 2026 said:

beerad12man said:

Lol riiiiight

We were one step behind with Jimbo. Should have cut bait sooner. Same with Sumlin. Same with Fran

Right. Maybe he also missed how we were blind sided by sip and land thief's invitation into our league. Or all the times we were screwed by refs who were later found wearing the opposition's gear.

And let's not forget that we had Schloss's sorry ass hand pick our new AD just recently. We're actually twelve steps behind, but I guess it adds up.
Class of 65
AG
Right now we are the walk away University with all those entering the Portal
Athanasius
AG
Quick reminder-

Evil may not be done so that good may come of it.
NowhereMan
What does it profit a coach if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?
Romello
It felt like ****e when BCG bolted for Kentucky but it wasn't nearly as bad a set of circumstances.
BadMoonRisin
AG
do you guys not understand there is a board that is dedicated to texas A&M baseball?
Logos Stick
We need to bolt to the Big 10.

I don't want to be in the same league with that garbage institution. I've never felt that way before. In fact, I was looking forward to the renewed rivalry!

Pure trailer trash.
Bill Superman
AG
NowhereMan said:

What does it profit a coach if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?
He has a lot of very poor reputation to overcome now. It's in our best interest to never let him live it down and make sure his reputation precedes him until he inevitably gets fired from sip.
BrotherChad2
Logos Stick said:

We need to bolt to the Big 10.

I don't want to be in the same league with that garbage institution. I've never felt that way before. In fact, I was looking forward to the renewed rivalry!

Pure trailer trash.
Someone somewhere at sometime once made a thread about this...got deleted though!
Bill Superman
AG
This lowlife drivel legit left us to go swing with sip AD and his wife.

Jim Schlossnagle said. "On some hands, this was a very easy decision because of my relationship with Chris [Del Conte] and my past history and my belief in him and his wife, Robin, but it was obviously very hard."

It couldn't be anymore clear. Hope the hawk tuahs he's giving del conte are worth it, plenty of dildos to go around atx too.
Craigy
TXAG 05 said:

If this is actually true I feel we screwed up again by not throwing Schloss money at Weiner and now lets see what coaches and players go to texas.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

Welcome to clarity. And the voice of experience.

We tried to tell all you "horns down, bring em on" goombahs……
dixichkn
AG
lol exactly what I was thinking, he and Del are probably in some Austin high rise hawk tuah'ing each other as we speak
BarnacleBill
AG
In the last 40 years I have seen exactly two upper level Aggie officials aggressively go on the offensive against the sips: Jackie and Bowtie. Both were run out of town by the highest levels of A&M leadership. Take from that what you will.
C2 Ag 93
Had a thought driving home today. Guess this is okay on the football board since the implication in general is how we can protect our programs from poaching. This doesn't "solve everything", but in all new coach contracts, there should be a clauses that stipulate:

- Should the HC leave, they are barred from going to another SEC school.
- Noncompete - should the HC leave, they cannot recruit players nor other coaches on staff (TBH, scratching my head why that wasn't - I presume it wasn't - already in all our standard contracts. Seems painfully obvious it should be, as it is in all executive contracts in the business world... and college sports is now completely business).
- To enforce the prior, an assistant coach cannot go work for a former HC of A&M at any other school (in each assistant coach contract).

And while we're at it, since the days of the "noble student athlete just trying to get a degree and learn some life skills" is thoroughly destroyed, let's entertain making athletes have to refund their scholarships and other school pay if they transfer (probably impractical to do that with NIL of course). Why the hell not. Naysayers will cry that then the prized recruits won't want to come here. I say, if they are that "me, me, me" about it, I don't want them anyway. They'll use the A&M brand to the fullest extent to benefit them, they should pay it back if they leave. If they're good, they'll make more on NIL anyway.

It's the world we live in now, folks. Done with bloated coach egos who are in it just to financially rape schools. If any of this scares candidates off, fine. Only want the ones that share values of commitment, loyalty and building programs... not "... while it is convenient for me."
Bill Superman
AG
beerad12man said:

Well, we hired the low character guy and that's part of the reason we are here.

Sure, nice guys may finish last. But you still need to go after both winning and character. Good, high character guys aren't necessarily the same as nice guys. We need to fight back with everything we have, but I'm not sure this was preventable like you think.
You can still have high character while mercilessly stomping on sip's throat. They set the rules already.
Aggie2
Wait till next year.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Bill Superman said:

beerad12man said:

Lol riiiiight

Right. Maybe he also missed how we were blind sided by sip and land thief's invitation into our league. Or all the times we were screwed by refs who were later found wearing the opposition's gear.

And let's not forget that we had Schloss's sorry ass hand pick our new AD just recently. We're actually twelve steps behind, but I guess it adds up.
This is 100% false. Schloss was on the committee, yes. But he did not get his choice for AD and was probably a little sore about that which may have factored a little into his treachery.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
BarnacleBill said:

In the last 40 years I have seen exactly two upper level Aggie officials aggressively go on the offensive against the sips: Jackie and Bowtie. Both were run out of town by the highest levels of A&M leadership. Take from that what you will.
Sharp is the problem. Always has been. Always will be.
Bill Superman
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Bill Superman said:

beerad12man said:

Lol riiiiight

This is 100% false. Schloss was on the committee, yes. But he did not get his choice for AD and was probably a little sore about that which may have factored a little into his treachery.
Schlobnozzle was specifically appointed to help pick the AD. Did you come to that conclusion because our AD didn't end up being a swinger?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.