Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Texas A&M's surging baseball team wants to be a national powerhouse

7,624 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by ccatag
The Porkchop Express
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rootube said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Animal said:

Who is this?
Where are they?
What are they doing?

Google image search is your friend

https://thebatt.com/sports/ams-2020-football-schedule-released/

Members of the Aggie dance team carry flags off of the field before the Maroon and White football game on April 12 at Kyle Field.

I think his point is that they are already participate and people just like to complain.
Thanks, my sarcasm detector is on the fritz.

Having cheerleaders on the sideline means cheerleaders on TV, which means when your standard 9th-11th grade male hormone machine is watching on TV and happens to be great at football, his mind connects "hot girls" with "Aggie football" and they think - hey, maybe hot girls want to see me play college football at A&M.
rootube
AG
I agree, but we will be fine. It's OK to be different than everyone else. It looks like every college stadium will have naming rights and we will have Slovak sausage sponsorship patches on our uniforms soon enough. Enjoy what you have before everything gets homogenized.
The Porkchop Express
AG
rootube said:

I agree, but we will be fine. It's OK to be different than everyone else. It looks like every college stadium will have naming rights and we will have Slovak sausage sponsorship patches on our uniforms soon enough. Enjoy what you have before everything gets homogenized.
Fine is accepting 8-5 every year while our rivals kick our teeth in when it matters.
Tobias Funke
AG
dabo man said:

Schloss is an elite baseball coach, and we're lucky to have him.

However, it doesn't mean he knows anything about game day atmosphere. Why does he care about the dance team? He had them dancing at TCU games too... because his daughter was on the team. He's taken a personal issue, his daughter's love of the dance team, and implemented it at Olsen Field. IMO it's completely out of place at a baseball game. I go to the ballpark, in part, for the peace and quiet (outside of the crowd noise).

Again, not important when you consider how good he is as a coach, but let's call a spade a spade. You don't have to agree with anyone 100% of the time.

The bolded part of this post is one of the more absurd things I've seen on this website. You go to a college sporting event for the peace and quiet? What?

Have you tried any of the following:

-The library?
-Your bedroom?
-A park?
-The beach?
-A spa?

Most of those don't even have crowd noise; you'll be very relaxed.
Sparkie
AG
"program attractive to a 15-year-old"

Might want to ask Penn State how that turns out.
12mn95
AG
Sparkie said:

"program attractive to a 15-year-old"

Might want to ask Penn State how that turns out.
the problem at Penn State was the coach finding the 15 year old attractive. not the same thing
VP at Pierce and Pierce

rootube said:

Fine is accepting 8-5 every year while our rivals kick our teeth in when it matters.
This is closer to the truth than not. We have to keep up the times, which we are just now catching up to. We hired our first ever real AD like 20 years ago. For 100+ years we never had a goal other than beating tu. All that changed in 2012. Upgrades and changes are a part of this deal. Anyone can Youtube the past if they feel like it. Schloss and others clearly believe crowd noise, dancers/cheerleaders, and a wild environment add something to the overall experience and most importantly attract elite talent. The players are the most crucial ingredient to this cake, not the fan experience or the past. The world is constantly changing, not always for the better or more simplistic but it is changing, we have to get with the change or be left behind and repeat our history of being the fun loser.

I am thankful the group heading up our NIL had been so proactive and organized, they damn sure dont seem to be living in the past.
The Porkchop Express
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

rootube said:

This is closer to the truth than not. We have to keep up the times, which we are just now catching up to. We hired our first ever real AD like 20 years ago. For 100+ years we never had a goal other than beating tu. All that changed in 2012. Upgrades and changes are a part of this deal. Anyone can Youtube the past if they feel like it. Schloss and others clearly believe crowd noise, dancers/cheerleaders, and a wild environment add something to the overall experience and most importantly attract elite talent. The players are the most crucial ingredient to this cake, not the fan experience or the past. The world is constantly changing, not always for the better or more simplistic but it is changing, we have to get with the change or be left behind and repeat our history of being the fun loser.

I am thankful the group heading up our NIL had been so proactive and organized, they damn sure dont seem to be living in the past.
As nice as the NIL money is, I think most guys want to feel like a rock star for a few hours on Saturday, and while the home crowds are loud, the tradition is more of a "oh that's nice' than an attractor for modern athletes. Cheerleaders don't win games but the are an attractor of attention to your program. i'm pretty sure more than a few of us have watched a little bit more of an Oregon, USC, or even a sip game because their cheerleaders are top drawer talent.

In the long run, your business is a combination of brand, culture, and technology. But your ultimate marketing tool is customer service. So you have to decide who your most important customer is going to be - the deep pocket alumni who can buy additional seating and new weight rooms - or the players who are capable of winning you a championship?
VP at Pierce and Pierce
I think we can do both, attract elite talent and have deep pocket boosters that see these programs through a different lens than 1965. As time marches on, more big money ags are wanting to continue to move towards modern day. Nobody said we have to ditch all of our history. The people behind the scenes know how to blend new and old.
PabloSerna
AG
When he wins that National championship- he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Aggie Dad 26
Quote:

For 100+ years we never had a goal other than beating tu. All that changed in 2012.

And we're back
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

more than a few of us have watched a little bit more of an Oregon, USC, or even a sip game because their cheerleaders are top drawer talent.
You're kidding, right? I have never turned on a single sporting event, not one single time, because of dancing girls. I turn on sports because I like………..hmmm, SPORTS. The girls are absolutely incidental. I couldn't really care less if they're there or not. Now if that's what you want to spend a $100 ticket for, or tune into a specific game for a few hours, knock yourself out.

And nothing will ever compel me to willingly tune into sip sports unless they're playing the Ags. Give them your ratings eyeballs if you want. Not my thing.
ccatag
AG
Some here would probably have been offended long ago when the Dallas Cowboys assembled a female dance squad at NFL games.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.