Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Evan Stewart on Oregon: "Everything's just better"

35,340 Views | 136 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by SA68AG
LincolnBorglum79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope Evan Stewart reaches his potential but so far he doesn't look like a future NFL receiver. Decent college career but not the star player you expect from a 5 star rated player. Oregon is irrelevant as a football team IMHO
Cyber5
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Oregon is irrelevant as a football team IMHO

I don't get it when our fanbase says things like this.
greg.w.h
AG
Cyber5 said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

I don't get it when our fanbase says things like this.
Pretty sure you do…it's deep self-involve weirdness.
Sip du jour
LincolnBorglum79 said:

I hope Evan Stewart reaches his potential but so far he doesn't look like a future NFL receiver. Decent college career but not the star player you expect from a 5 star rated player. Oregon is irrelevant as a football team IMHO
I'd say youre well rid of him because he was seemingly a malcontent and not someone who had bought in but he's pretty darn good. Maybe a James Hardin comp. Incredible but maybe not a team guy
LincolnBorglum79
AG
To clarify my comment about Oregon, I don't think they will do well in the B1G with Ohio State and road games to Michigan and Wisconsin, along with UCLA and Washington on their schedule. The Pac Whatever won't enjoy those 9am pacific time starts in their road games. They may even struggle with the Purdue, Maryland, Mich State level teams. We will see.
rootube
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

To clarify my comment about Oregon, I don't think they will do well in the B1G with Ohio State and road games to Michigan and Wisconsin, along with UCLA and Washington on their schedule. The Pac Whatever won't enjoy those 9am pacific time starts in their road games. They may even struggle with the Purdue, Maryland, Mich State level teams. We will see.

Here's a little secret nobody likes to talk about. The B10 absolutely sucks after OSU and Michigan. You listing Purdue, Maryland, and Mich State as the next tier of teams kind of says it all.
StinkyPinky
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

I can tell you first hand the players absolutely hate 9 am kickoffs. They dread seeing those on the schedule
Mark Stoops
LincolnBorglum79 said:

If Oregon is irrelevant I shudder to think what that makes us.
monarch
S
Take the Nike $$$ and all the other Nike stuff off the program and they are average maybe a hair better. UO was exactly that until Nike got involved.
Athanasius
AG
Athanasius said:

Why are we still talking about this?
I don't know.
monarch
S
JIMBO was recruiting nationally and that pissed off the THSCA. Elko is doing the same as is Fexas. What will happen now?
cc10106
Oregon has a great coach locked up and appears to be back on track. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally get over the hump and win a natty in the next few years.
The Dog Lord
AG
monarch said:

Take the Nike $$$ and all the other Nike stuff off the program and they are average maybe a hair better. UO was exactly that until Nike got involved.
I think you need to go back and read some other posts or even just pull up Wikipedia to see how they have had a lot more success than we have in recent decades
monarch
S
Recent decades= Nike $$$; According to Wikepedia, Oregon has played in 33 bowl games overall since they started playing football in 1893. TAMU has played in 44 bowl games in its history.
Bonfire.1996
cc10106 said:

Oregon has a great coach locked up and appears to be back on track. I wouldn't be surprised if they finally get over the hump and win a natty in the next few years.
tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football.

Michigan is the first team since Ohio State to win the title that isn't from the Deep South. The only reason Michigan won it this year is because to committee ignored its previous precedents to exclude Georgia and include Texas. SEC fatigue had taken root. With 12 teams, that ends. Don't expect any newfound parity to emerge in the 12 team format. Only one league is ready for a four week gauntlet, and it's the league that's already winning.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
monarch said:

JIMBO was recruiting nationally and that pissed off the THSCA. Elko is doing the same as is Fexas. What will happen now?
I think Elko and Sark have a little less ego and are more engaged with the THSCA and the coaches. I do think Jimbo cared a lot less about scratching their back and getting them paid for their local kid which rubbed them the wrong way.
levypantsEOY
Bud, there is no amount of sunshine you can pump out to hide away the fact that Oregon is currently a much more successful program (and has been for a while).
Hopefully greener pastures are ahead but get real.
cc10106
Bonfire.1996 said:

cc10106 said:

tell me you don't watch football without telling me you don't watch football.

Michigan is the first team since Ohio State to win the title that isn't from the Deep South. The only reason Michigan won it this year is because to committee ignored its previous precedents to exclude Georgia and include Texas. SEC fatigue had taken root. With 12 teams, that ends. Don't expect any newfound parity to emerge in the 12 team format. Only one league is ready for a four week gauntlet, and it's the league that's already winning.
Your post is laughable and full of naive SEC bias. Michigan was the best team in the country last year, and don't be too surprised if Ohio State wins the next natty.

StinkyPinky
AG
monarch said:

Recent decades= Nike $$$; According to Wikepedia, Oregon has played in 33 bowl games overall since they started playing football in 1893. TAMU has played in 44 bowl games in its history.
The blinders are strong with this one. Oregon has played in 2 national championship games since 2000. How many have we played in?

Oregon has won a play-off game. How many have we even played in?

Oregon has won 8 Conference Championships since 2000. How many did we win?

This is getting ridiculous....
LincolnBorglum79 said:

…what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul…
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
aggiedrjdub
AG
What is he supposed to say? This place sucks duck dick?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Mark Stoops
monarch said:

We are, quite literally, one of the most resource rich programs in the entire Country. What's our excuse?
MaroonStain
AG
Mark Stoops said:

monarch said:

We are, quite literally, one of the most resource rich programs in the entire Country. What's our excuse?

Rook noob posts, your mom, your username, etc. Why ask a question when you can see the answer?
Mark Stoops
Um, what? Sorry for calling out a blatant delusion.
AG
monarch said:

Divining Rod
monarch said:

im sure texas HS coaches are livid that only 10 of Elko's 13 recruits are from Texas. and that he had the gall to sign some very elite players from another state.
Tree Hugger
AG
As a Eugene resident, I have to say that the facilities look nice from the outside, but since I attend a couple if games a year at Autzen, I would equate the "fun" atmosphere to something like a minor league baseball game. It's enjoyable, but it has nothing on the big SEC stadiums. Stewart will be shocked the first time he trots out on the field and sees maybe 40K in the stands since they don't turn out at all until the big games. That may be different this year with the Big 10, but 53K fans is nothing like 100K.
StinkyPinky
AG
Tree Hugger said:

As a Eugene resident, I have to say that the facilities look nice from the outside, but since I attend a couple if games a year at Autzen, I would equate the "fun" atmosphere to something like a minor league baseball game. It's enjoyable, but it has nothing on the big SEC stadiums. Stewart will be shocked the first time he trots out on the field and sees maybe 40K in the stands since they don't turn out at all until the big games. That may be different this year with the Big 10, but 53K fans is nothing like 100K.
This. I went to a couple home games as well when living in Portland and while a fun venue, doesn't compare to an SEC event
Indianrider
dixichkn
AG
As long as they're not better at baseball I don't give a f*** what he thinks
Btrain2877
Technically, A&M has more WR's currently in the NFL than Oregon. Kind of says something.
SA68AG
AG
Oregon's not better at baseball.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.