Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Raikes back in portal, leaving USC

10,827 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by redjalapeno-87
FamousAgg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Grass was not greener
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
honestly if the kid is a good kid who doesn't cause problems etc i would take him back. he is a decent ball player and knows elkos system. one more solid defensive tackle and we have really good depth.

he also might look at syracuse i think he is from that area and was recruited by robinson.
Maroon Flash
AG
Take him back. Can't have too many big nasties.
The Marksman
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

honestly if the kid is a good kid who doesn't cause problems etc i would take him back. he is a decent ball player and knows elkos system. one more solid defensive tackle and we have really good depth.

he also might look at syracuse i think he is from that area and was recruited by robinson.
I don't understand the double standard here on this board. Backup DT leaves, re-enters the portal, and now y'all want him back, but when Nolen, our star future 1st round draft pick, left, y'all spent all your free time ripping him and trashing him as a traitor and a loser. Makes no sense to me.
Not directed at you at all, Detmer, just this whole board.
NowhereMan
too slow for Elko
Ag_0112358132134
I didn't even know he transferred
taylorswift13_
One has his Aggie degree, the other is a former 5 star number one recruit who has been trashing our program since the second he left
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
The Marksman said:

I don't understand the double standard here on this board. Backup DT leaves, re-enters the portal, and now y'all want him back, but when Nolen, our star future 1st round draft pick, left, y'all spent all your free time ripping him and trashing him as a traitor and a loser. Makes no sense to me.

no worries.

i don't have anything against walter nolen. i think he is better than raikes. i think some believe nolen was a pre madonna where as raikes never had that reputation that i know of. all that said i am not in the know so i could be completely wrong on that.
maroonthrunthru
Prima Donna
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Gotta admit I now prefer "pre Madonna".
aeon-ag

Once they quit, they DON'T come back, not on my team!!!!!
Shoefly!
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Premier Donna
Shoefly!
AG
aeon-ag said:

Once they quit, they DON'T come back, not on my team!!!!!

As David Nuno say's "He's an Eggie!"
WC94
AG
Shoefly! said:

LincolnBorglum79 said:

Premier Donna

Maradona. Hand of God.
NoahAg
Who?
CrawlingNo5
AG
NoahAg said:

Who?

Mike Jones
leardriver
AG
preemie Donna

Little girl in neo-natal care
Sometimes if you want a different answer, you have to ask a different question.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
maroonthrunthru said:

Prima Donna
Do you even Texags?
TX_Aggie37
AG
The Marksman said:

I would love to have Nolen back, too.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
The Marksman said:

I think the issue for some of us with Nolen was he was labeled this "instant impact incredible talent" type guy yet he was invisible most games. He didn't disrupt, he didn't cause chaos, he didn't change the game. Yet he made it known he wanted prime rib money while providing choice sirloin performance. It is always good to have depth and Raikes is a depth guy and will be paid depth money. Being a future 1st round pick means nothing in terms of actual impact on the field for his team.
sixpakdad
leardriver said:

preemie Donna

Little girl in neo-natal care
Tremendous play on words
Aston 91
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

When a buck was still silver, and the country was strong
StinkyPinky
AG
Who's mom is Donna? And what happened before her?
dixichkn
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

The Marksman said:

I think the issue for some of us with Nolen was he was labeled this "instant impact incredible talent" type guy yet he was invisible most games. He didn't disrupt, he didn't cause chaos, he didn't change the game. Yet he made it known he wanted prime rib money while providing choice sirloin performance. It is always good to have depth and Raikes is a depth guy and will be paid depth money. Being a future 1st round pick means nothing in terms of actual impact on the field for his team.
Mostly this. We got basically as much production out of Raikes as we did Walter without the "pay me I'm a star" attitude. Nothing about Walter thus far screams 1st round pick. Or even second day pick for that matter. Now if he turns on the jets I'll eat my words. I'm putting it 50/50 right now that he's right back in the portal after this season.

I'd take either one of them back in a second. If Raikes wants back in, come on with it
Divining Rod
The Marksman said:

what dont u unerstand? if Nolen were to re-enter portal, we'd probably love to have him back. makes sense.
The Marksman
AG
Divining Rod said:

The Marksman said:

what dont u unerstand? if Nolen were to re-enter portal, we'd probably love to have him back. makes sense.
I certainly would love to have Walter back, but most of this board would not
carl spacklers hat
The Marksman said:

Divining Rod said:

The Marksman said:

I'd take them both back, too. I've been a low-key fan of Isaiah for the last couple of years.

I think the deal with Walt is this: the expectation was superstar but the delivery was serviceable starter, as a freshman and sophomore. He'll probably blow up this year and enter the draft, go first round and have a good NFL career. I think the issue for Aggies is he never met expectations.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
P.U.T.U
AG
Biggest issue is he took off plays, heck of a player, just not consistent.
ironmanag
AG
The Marksman said:

Divining Rod said:

The Marksman said:

I would not.

We have had a major culture problem over the last two seasons. Nolan was a big part of that.
90ags
sounds like he's going to Auburn....

this portal thing is weird....
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
sanaug
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

Agreed, but I'm kind of a moran.

Also, fwiw, I now involuntarily pronounce Wagner with a V.
Ribbed Paultz
Prime Donner
Slicer97
AG
Ribbed Paultz said:

Prime Donner
As long as you stop short of Prime Donner Party.....
redjalapeno-87
90ags said:

sounds like he's going to Auburn....

this portal thing is weird....
You are correct. Raikes is now a fightin' Auburn War Eagle/Tiger.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.