Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Joshua Celiscar DL transfers to the good guys

6,270 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Batty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UCF transfer, DL transfer Joshua Celiscar (6'4 265lbs) will be brings his services to the good guys for his last yr of eligibility. career totals - 156 tackles 24.5 TFL 8 sacks

https://247sports.com/Player/josh-celiscar-46084927/

Buyout Financier
AG
Wonder if we are expecting to lose a major talent upfront on defense…
CoachLB
Buyout Financier said:

Wonder if we are expecting to lose a major talent upfront on defense…
The portal opens soon Some guys will come out of spring practice knowing they are a backups at best and will leave. Coaches at every school better understand this and stay in the portal or depth can become a problem. Also the coaching staff may honestly tell guys their chance to play here is small. Could be a number of things.
jrgypsum
Good pickup.

If Elko wanted him - good enough for me.

Matsui
Gigem713
CME making it reign!
Buyout Financier
AG
I'm more concerned about serious contributors. One (or both) of the shemars for example
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Buyout Financier said:

I'm more concerned about serious contributors. One (or both) of the shemars for example
We aren't going to lose either of those guys and I highly doubt we lose anyone in the two-deep. A fringe 2nd/3rd teamer will probably leave but that is how it goes nation wide. A guy leaving A&M after spring is because he wasn't going to play to much in the fall.
SteveA
AG
Do scholarship numbers even matter with NIL? Seems like we could just take walk ons, give them som NIL to make up for scholly...
StinkyPinky
AG
Solid Edge rusher. Has some tough talent to beat out for playing time, but the competition (and depth) will only do us good. Welcome to Aggieland!
CrottyKid
AG
Buyout Financier said:

I have it on good account that the Shemars enjoy being blocked by one guy instead of two since we are now utilizing four down linemen.
Buyout Financier
AG
I hope not, but there's obvious potential for serious churn in rosters this spring portal window
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Buyout Financier said:

I hope not, but there's obvious potential for serious churn in rosters this spring portal window
There is potential for that fear every spring at every school. Starter's or key depth guys dont just bounce from a program like A&M after the spring. They just learned a new scheme, they are getting good NIL money, and the fact is we have the potential to be a playoff contender. Where are they going to go where they will be a playoff contender and a start right away while making the same or better NIL? That is a short list if a list at all.
Guys that leave a big school after the spring are usually either third string or are grad transfers looking for a starting spot.
Buyout Financier
AG
There is no shortage of major programs looking for talent and depth at the line of scrimmage.

If the thread was about other programs, I'd be saying the same thing. It's not. Best case, this add increases our depth at a position we are already strong. Worst case, we are hedging for impactful losses in the next 3 weeks.
Eso si, Que es
Did his Twitter announcement include the phrase, "With that being said, I'm taking my talent to…"
CoachLB
Buyout Financier said:

There is no shortage of major programs looking for talent and depth at the line of scrimmage.

If the thread was about other programs, I'd be saying the same thing. It's not. Best case, this add increases our depth at a position we are already strong. Worst case, we are hedging for impactful losses in the next 3 weeks.
In this "new college football" as a fan you better not worry in advance about players leaving before they say they are. There is a portal. People from every team will leave. A&M will get some and will lose some. If you are a starter at A&M and leave you may be part of the reason this team has underperformed. Losing Nolen did not bother me at all. The guy played hard about 3 plays a game.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Stockpiling talent is the name of the game, specifically proven players that can help us get through the transition year.
maroon89
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

Did his Twitter announcement include the phrase, "With that being said, I'm taking my talent to…"
....the University of Texas A&M.
AG
CrottyKid said:

Buyout Financier said:

I have it on good account that the Shemars enjoy being blocked by one guy instead of two since we are now utilizing four down linemen.

Brace yourself. Here comes the "we never rushed 3 down linemen! You were just imagining it!" crowd.
lagoag
4 said:

CrottyKid said:

Buyout Financier said:

Brace yourself. Here comes the "we never rushed 3 down linemen! You were just imagining it!" crowd.
After 2 years of it that would be hard to imagine.
wangus12
AG
SteveA said:

Do scholarship numbers even matter with NIL? Seems like we could just take walk ons, give them some NIL to make up for scholly...
You can only dress so many players on a Saturday. Dudes aren't going to come here, not have a scholarship and not get to suit up on the weekend.
BCEDAg
AG
The timing of Celiscar's announcement to transfer here leads me to believe that a player or players have indicated to Elko their desire to enter the portal. With his stats he most likely will earn a starting spot or at minimum be in the two deep rotation.
djktamu
AG
His overall numbers went a bit down the 2nd half of the season. Didn't see any reference to injury. Did see he's a high-character guy in the locker room.
Class of 65
AG
Eso si, Que es said:

the University of Texas A & M University
Buyout Financier
AG
As a fan, I'm happy that it looks like Elko is addressing it, being that it's his job to do so and all.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Buyout Financier said:

There is potential for that fear every spring at every school. Starter's or key depth guys dont just bounce from a program like A&M after the spring. They just learned a new scheme, they are getting good NIL money, and the fact is we have the potential to be a playoff contender. Where are they going to go where they will be a playoff contender and a start right away while making the same or better NIL? That is a short list if a list at all.
Guys that leave a big school after the spring are usually either third string or are grad transfers looking for a starting spot.

Where is that gif showing the NFL coach who exclaimed "PLAYOFFS???"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.