Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Where did you dunk your ring?

2,937 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by chase128
TexAgs Sponsors
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
From TexAgs Sponsor:

Ring Day is coming up soon so it's time to reminisce about the day you picked up your ring and where you went to dunk it! Let's hear about it and you'll be entered to win a Belly Buster Certificate (Large 2 Topping, 6 Peproni rolls, and 1 order Cinnamonstyxz).

Call or order online at DOUBLEDAVES.COM
The Wild Wooly Wednesday is back 5:30 - 8:30PM at the Bryan/College Station locations.

Ag_B_10
AG
Behind The Chicken. Class 04. I think my class was the last class able to "legally" dunk there. I actually did it twice. Once with fellow classmates and one when the family came.
greg.w.h
AG
I wasn't that dumb.
aeon-ag
We didn't dunk! There was no Chicken in '70 and there was no such thing as dunk.
TAMU74
AG
Only thing that got dunked in 1974 were basketballs.
WC94
AG
Chicken, ended up on the roof of the Dry Bean.
Come Out Roll
AG
Wasn't a thing when I was thereā€¦..
Ogre09
AG
In 2008 TABC wouldn't let us dunk in a pitcher at a bar, so all ring dunks were done in back yards. You could dunk in a 32 oz chugger at the Chicken, but that's just not the same.
Coolag02
You always were a loser huh
jr15aggie
AG
Ogre09 said:

In 2008 TABC wouldn't let us dunk in a pitcher at a bar, so all ring dunks were done in back yards. You could dunk in a 32 oz chugger at the Chicken, but that's just not the same.

Back in '02 my friends and I did the chuggers at the Chicken. I don't think pitchers were 100% "illegal" at the time, but they were starting to crack down on it because people were getting tired of ring dunkers getting sick all over the place.

I agreed and had no desire to go that route. Taking down a 32 oz as fast as you could was good enough for me!
Ugly
AG
Ogre09 said:

This
BigN--00
AG
I didn't. I looked forward to it from freshman year, but my ring day was November 18, 1999.
greg.w.h
AG
Coolag02 said:

Those who dunked their rings were.
chick79
AG
This was a non-event in the 70s. They make such a big deal out of getting rings these days. I think I just got a phone call and said I can come by and pick it up. Nothing else.
SA-AG72
AG
I was at Basic Training at Ft. Dix when I received my ring. Drill instructors went crazy with the crossed sabers and cannon. I had to mail it back home.
BSCE84ag
AG
84 grad. Drank beer. wore ring.
kbarj
AG
Picked mine up in the Spring of '76. Put it on and just went about my business that day. We may have ended up at the Chicken that evening, but dunking wasn't a thing, yet.
Bill '77
shalackin
AG
The Chicken in '98

Full pitcher. You had to hide a little since they had made that illegal. But we all did it anyway.

Shoefly!
AG
I dunked it in liquid fertilizer at an Allied Chemical Fertilizer Terminal, my first job after graduation .
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So when did this tradition start? Early 80s?
Rydyn
AG
'90

At the Chicken

Pitcher of Shiner

Took our time on the back porch...but drank from the pitcher

A lot of people stole the pitcher, but even then I was a rule-follower.
aggiejim70
AG
Summer of '69 I was at Ft. Sill for summer camp and back to A&M for summer school. When I finally got home, my ring was in a pasteboard box mailed to my folk's address. Put in on and wore it ever since. Might have had a beer with my class of 1950 dad, I really don't remember.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
agnatgas
AG
Spring of 1980. The Chicken did not serve pitchers at that time. Almost all longnecks with some cans. Ring dunk did not exist and the east side of the current Chicken was another bar.

Over the summer, a portion of the wall between the old Chicken and the bar next door was demolished to result in the Chicken as we know it today.

God Bless America.

Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
'93 at the Chicken. But honestly not that big of a deal to me, then nor now.

If I had it to do all over again, I'd like to dunk it in a basket of pepperoni rolls. Come to think of it, what's stopping me?
Bison
AG
I just remember that I did it at Duddley's. Or was it Flying Tomato? Pitcher of Shiner Bock was $3.15. GD I am getting old.
greg.w.h
AG
Shoefly! said:

I dunked it in liquid fertilizer at an Allied Chemical Fertilizer Terminal, my first job after graduation .
Did it grew?
Shoefly!
AG
greg.w.h said:

Shoefly! said:

Did it grew?

My ring didn't but my gut and finger did.
Tursiops93
AG
greg.w.h said:

Coolag02 said:

Those who dunked their rings were.

Guess I'ma loser then. '93 @ The Chicken.
jeepdriver54
AG
Mine came in the mail. Class of 78
doc99
AG
At The Chicken with a full size pitcher of Shiner Bock like a good Ag. It was a great honor to catch that ring in my mouth.
e=mc2
AG
Dudley's Draw for the W.
TexasLeaguer
AG
I dunked mine in a pitcher with 5 beers like you're supposed to
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
At my then girlfriend's parent's house on 4/18/2015. We broke up on 8/27/2015, and we have not had any contact since then. That breakup was best for both of us because we were spending time working on the relationship than enjoying it, especially in the last 3 months. Because she blamed me for so many issues, it was relieving.
aeon-ag
SA-AG72 said:

I was at Basic Training at Ft. Dix when I received my ring. Drill instructors went crazy with the crossed sabers and cannon. I had to mail it back home.
I went home on a long weekend from Basic at Ft. Jackson, 1970. My dad handed my ring to me in Love field, Dallas, after I got off the plane. In '70 we didn't have a family reunion at the ring office.
aeon-ag
Iraq2xVeteran said:

At my then girlfriend's parent's house on 4/18/2015. We broke up on 8/27/2015, and we have not had any contact since then. That breakup was best for both of us because we were spending time working on the relationship than enjoying it, especially in the last 3 months. Because she blamed me for so many issues, it was relieving.
Yea, when relationships start going downhill we get the blame for everything. I was married for 32 years. the last 10-15 years I was the most imperfect human there was. I finally ended it in 2010. Been happy ever since.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.