Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who is WR1?

7,784 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EliteZags
DogHouse95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With Evan Stewart now gone, I feel as though there's a lot of competition for who will be WR1. Of course, you've got a guy like Noah Thomas, a great contested catcher, who had 3 touchdowns in the season opener last year, and who was very consistent last year. On the other hand, you've got a guy like Moose Muhammad, who can make NFL-level catches, but just hasn't had that breakout season that he's been waiting on. And finally, you have Cyrus Allen, the transfer from Louisiana Tech. We haven't seen much from him, but I figure the Spring Game will show a lot from him. What are y'alls thoughts?
greg.w.h
AG
See spring M&W for our first guess.
TX_Aggie37
AG
It's not a perfect analog, but looking at Kansas State receiving stats last season here are the top 3 pass catchers:

TE Ben Sinnott - 49 catches, 676 yards, 6 TDs
WR Phillip Brooks - 53 catches, 589 yards, 5 TDs
WR Jayce Brown - 27 catches, 437 yards, 3 TDs

This doesn't mean I expect the TE to be the focus of the passing game. I imagine Klein will make adjustments to our personnel, but I bet we see a pretty even distribution of the football unless someone emerges as a truly elite playmaker.

I am very excited to see what Moose can do in a more prominent role, and I don't think there is a shortage of consistent pass catching ability. If Allen can emerge as a speedster then it could be a solid group.
The Marksman
AG
Thomas looked like a 1st round draft pick when he was healthy last year
Ugly
AG
The Marksman said:

Thomas looked like a 1st round draft pick when he was healthy last year
Thomas looked like a world-beater when he when he was 4" taller than the tallest safety. Against teams with safeties that matched up with him physically, he looked like a solid player that still needs to put in some work this offseason if he wants to make it to the league.
hcrt74
AG
Let's don't forget Jahdae Walker.
Too Chains
AG
If he can fix those brick hands and positioning in the off-season. Too many drops and "almost" catches. Wishing him well.
PeekingDuck
AG
It's Moose's to give up. Just depends on if he's bought in or not.
Eddie Vedder
Donovan Green
StinkyPinky
AG
Eddie Vedder said:

Donovan Green
Feels like he's been mostly forgotten after being injured last year. Kid has huge upside and potential to be an All American. People will take notice this season.
NowhereMan
I will bet you ES is not WR1 in Oregon next season.
hcrt74
AG
OP was asking about WRs, not TEs.
W
AG
Jimbo's WR recruiting left much, much, much to be desired
Al Bula
AG
"I'll take things I could not care less about for 400, Alex."
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Noah Thomas
Meximan
I believe in Moose

He got into Jimbo's doghouse for the stupidest reasons and all the man does is make big plays
LB12Diamond
AG
Evan was number 1 last year. Did not know that one. I saw several others outplaying him all year.
BWEB4
Take your pick! Im excited about Bethel-Roman and Izaiah Williams and I think one of them gets a good amount of action but probably won't be #1. Obviously Moose and Noah are the two best candidates for WR #1 but id like to see Jabre Barber or Cyrus Allen really give them a run. I also would love for us to let Bussey have the reigns as the swiss army knife like Anias and see if he could fill those shoes. So IMO Moose/Noah/Bussey will be #1. More likely one of the veterans.

FRESHMEN:
Ashton Bethel-Roman
Izaiah Williams
Ernest Campbell
Wesley Watson (TR)
?*Terry Bussey*?

SOPHOMORE:
Micah Tease

JUNIOR:
Noah Thomas
Cyrus Allen (TR)

SENIOR:
Moose Muhammad
Jahdae Walker
Jabre Barber (TR)
JohnClark929
Don't overlook Flash.
NowhereMan
EV was WR1 in name only, and by the end of the year he knew it was over.
e=mc2
AG
If we use Bussey like we used Anias Smith, I'll be pleased. Seems to have the same skillset. Getting Green back is huge. He's a talented guy with good hands and speed.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Walker will be #1 and he will put up over 1,000 yards. He is what Stewart was supposed to be: physical, sure handed, play maker. Thomas's job is to score in the red zone and make contested catches.
12mn95
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Walker will be #1 and he will put up over 1,000 yards. He is what Stewart was supposed to be: physical, sure handed, play maker. Thomas's job is to score in the red zone and make contested catches.
Walker was considered sure handed?
VP at Pierce and Pierce
12mn95 said:

Sure handed enough with all the drops we have seen over the years.
12mn95
AG

12mn95 said:

Sure handed enough with all the drops we have seen over the years.
in that case you and I are both considered sure handed, if that is the bar
EliteZags
AG
BWEB4 said:

Take your pick! Im excited about Bethel-Roman and Izaiah Williams and I think one of them gets a good amount of action but probably won't be #1. Obviously Moose and Noah are the two best candidates for WR #1 but id like to see Jabre Barber or Cyrus Allen really give them a run. I also would love for us to let Bussey have the reigns as the swiss army knife like Anias and see if he could fill those shoes. So IMO Moose/Noah/Bussey will be #1. More likely one of the veterans.

FRESHMEN:
Ashton Bethel-Roman
Izaiah Williams
Ernest Campbell
Wesley Watson (TR)
?*Terry Bussey*?

SOPHOMORE:
Micah Tease

JUNIOR:
Noah Thomas
Cyrus Allen (TR)

SENIOR:
Moose Muhammad
Jahdae Walker
Jabre Barber (TR)

Oh yea we'll I'm excited for Campbell Watson and Tease
The only WRs u didn't talk up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.