Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Trev Alberts

19,257 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by rootube
ChiefKiefton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New AD. I wonder why he left Nebraska..
agnerd
AG
ChiefKiefton said:

Probably because we offered him a lot more than he was making.
W
AG
seems like a surprise
Aginnebraska
AG
People are freaking out here in my office in Omaha. Nebraska needed Alberts a lot more than A&M needed him.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I can see why Trev wanted to move. As if Nebraska wasn't already a Big 10 also-ran, it's just going to get worse with the addition of the west coast schools.

But how many people told us NO before we got to Trev Alberts?

How do we Mark Stoops this guy???
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
dabo man
AG
Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
Guy12
Luke The Drifter said:

I can see why Trev wanted to move. As if Nebraska wasn't already a Big 10 also-ran, it's just going to get worse with the addition of the west coast schools.

But how many people told us NO before we got to Trev Alberts?

How do we Mark Stoops this guy???

We don't. While we're all tuned into football, I don't think anyone here knows anything about ADs.

I just hope those who found and hired him know more than we do.
45-70Ag
AG
That' an out of left field hire. Was he in athletics administration before the Nebraska job?
BLSmith04
AG
First we stole Colin Klein from his alma mater and now Trev Alberts from his. Just shows the draw A&M has for people.
JMac03
AG
dabo man said:

Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
What's wrong with Olsen?
Know Your Enemy
AG
El Presidente
AG
dabo man said:

Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
That you, Schloss?
dabo man
AG
Quote:

What's wrong with Olsen?

We were at capacity last night for a midweek non-conference game during Spring Break. We need lots more seats. More importantly, schools in the SEC have built palaces in recent years. I've read that our player amenities have fallen badly behind.
SeptimusW
But does he get us or not?
barstoolexpert
JMac03 said:

dabo man said:

Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
What's wrong with Olsen?

A lot. Give Schloss whatever he wants. Come on now….. be better
rgag12
AG
El Presidente said:

dabo man said:

Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
That you, Schloss?

He was on the committee that selected the guy, so safe to say he probably knows what Alberts feelings are.
fightintxaggie10
AG
rgag12 said:

El Presidente said:

dabo man said:

Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
That you, Schloss?

He was on the committee that selected the guy, so safe to say he probably knows what Alberts feelings are.

Really? He and Elko both said they weren't.
Texker
AG
agnerd said:

ChiefKiefton said:

Probably because we offered him a lot more than he was making.
And then some. He just signed an extension in November that over doubled his salary.

fightintxaggie10
AG
JMac03 said:

dabo man said:

Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
What's wrong with Olsen?
For three years this has been a topic of discussion because it was a selling point for Schloss to come coach here. He is demanding, and rightfully so, we have the best facilities in the country. Not a facility thats as good as the best, but beyond whatever the best is.
Charlie Murphy
Why is this considered a "big big hire"? Nothing against the guy but what has he done besides hiring Matt Rhule?
Welcome to the China Club

"Here's the pitch...POPPED it up! Oh man, that wouldn't be a home run in a phone booth."
-Harry Carey
BLSmith04
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

Why is this considered a "big big hire"? Nothing against the guy but what has he done besides hiring Matt Rhule?

Totally valid question. When his biggest accomplishment is volleyball related, that should raise some eyebrows.
Luke The Drifter
AG
If Buzz can get his act together and quit losing games every year to terrible teams, the new AD really shouldn't have to hire a coach for a while. Pat Henry may retire soon and our soccer team has seen a big drop off lately, but the rest of our head coaches should (hopefully) be set for a while.

Hopefully, we can get him in here and have him raise some money and build some relationships before he has to worry about a coaching search.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
rgag12
AG
fightintxaggie10 said:

rgag12 said:

El Presidente said:

dabo man said:

Welcome Trev...
NOW RENOVATE OLSEN!
That you, Schloss?

Really? He and Elko both said they weren't.

https://texags.com/s/57910/texas-am-to-hire-nebraska-director-of-athletics-trev-alberts/5

The very bottom of the Texags article
Alex580
AG
No way to judge how it will work here for us but it does make me feel better Nebraska fans seem very unhappy that he is leaving.
PigInABlanket
AG
ChiefKiefton said:

Lawsuit over a coach getting a WBB player knocked up and kicking her off the team as a result?
PigInABlanket
AG
I think he was the AD at Nebraska-Omaha that axed their football program.
Leander - Ag
AG
dabo man said:

Quote:

What's wrong with Olsen?

We were at capacity last night for a midweek non-conference game during Spring Break. We need lots more seats. More importantly, schools in the SEC have built palaces in recent years. I've read that our player amenities have fallen badly behind.

We have always lacked revenue generating / premium seating at BB. We leave a ton of money on the table
Demo_Slug
AG
He is job hopping. Means he'll be here for three years.

We need stability at AD.
Third Son
AG
Interesting. Trev Alberts was never very complimentary of A&M when he was a football analyst on ESPN. Albeit, this was during the Fran days. I remember him calling A&M a high school level team on national television after the 77-0 debacle
wangus12
AG
PigInABlanket said:

I think he was the AD at Nebraska-Omaha that axed their football program.
Good. Maybe he can rid us of our pain over our football program amirite
TAMUallen
AG
I hope he works well here but I don't see the more than $2.1 million in pay.
BoozedLightyear
We all know that if you're gonna play in Texas, you gotta have a fiddle in the band. Alberts is on the record saying he won't play second fiddle.

There's nothing about this hire that I object to, other than Alberts getting rid of Omaha's football program which was a budget thing, I get it.

Let's let the man play his fiddle and push us to a new era.
BMX Bandit
McInnis80
Third Son said:

Interesting. Trev Alberts was never very complimentary of A&M when he was a football analyst on ESPN. Albeit, this was during the Fran days. I remember him calling A&M a high school level team on national television after the 77-0 debacle
We had a high school level coach then, that was for sure.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Third Son said:

Well...he wasn't wrong.

Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.