Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Jaxon Appel

11,244 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Gil Renard
Seamaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently there is a baseball player on the Aggie squad named Jackson Appel ....should somebody tell him?

Viper16
AG
Maybe you should!
#FJB

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis Trump 2024
EliteZags
AG
you're definitely the first person to ever make this connection
AgsMnn
AG
I remember him. It was not always a good thing when your safety had the most tackles in some games.
StinkyPinky
AG
Not much into baseball are you?
spherical
AG
AgsMnn said:

I remember him. It was not always a good thing when your safety had the most tackles in some games.

Or never but he sure was fun to watch. (He, not so much the missed tackles in front of him)
big red dog
Same guy. Has some eligibility left.
Geez...
Keep up.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Just wait...couple years, there's gonna be a guy on the Aggie baseball team named Jorvorskie Lane!
war hymn aggie
AG
DustysLineup said:

Just wait...couple years, there's gonna be a guy on the Aggie baseball team named Jorvorskie Lane!
and Terrence Kiel, too.
OrygunAg
AG
It is Jaxson.
george07
AG
That picture looks like it's from 1975, making me feel very old since I was in school when he played.
Meximan
I got a soft spot for Appel. Not a world beating safety but man he played with heart and grit. The story I most remember is that he played multiple games with a broken rib so displaced that it would move when he hit somebody.
WC94
AG
Seemed pretty good to me.

Appel, a senior defensive back from Friendswood, leaves Aggieland as the top defensive back tackler in school history with 344 career stops. He made 43 career starts and set the school record for tackles in a season by a defensive back with 135 stops in the 2003 season.
Ghost91
WC94 said:

Appel, a senior defensive back from Friendswood, leaves Aggieland as the top defensive back tackler in school history with 344 career stops. He made 43 career starts and set the school record for tackles in a season by a defensive back with 135 stops in the 2003 season.

As noted above, not a great thing when your Safety leads the team in tackles…

Kind like everyone bragging when Cyrus Gray led the nation in kickoff return yards. Had a LOT to do with other teams kicking off to us 7 times per game…
cajunaggie08
AG
Ghost91 said:

WC94 said:

As noted above, not a great thing when your Safety leads the team in tackles…

Kind like everyone bragging when Cyrus Gray led the nation in kickoff return yards. Had a LOT to do with other teams kicking off to us 7 times per game…
Yup. Our CBs were terrible so Appel was forced to be the one making most of the tackles on the team.
cc10106
I just remembered the '08 game against the Sooners. Thankfully A&M got some payback in the following years.
Gyles Marrett
One used to get beat deep, the other hits the ball deep.
HTownAg
AG
Meximan said:

I got a soft spot for Appel. Not a world beating safety but man he played with heart and grit. The story I most remember is that he played multiple games with a broken rib so displaced that it would move when he hit somebody.
Well said. Came on here to post about his heart and giving it all on every snap but you summed it up very well.
farmersfight
AG
does he only dive for the shoestrings as well?
MEENag
AG
We were pregnant with our first kiddo during his playing years and would scan the rosters every game for name ideas. We liked the name Jackson, but the standard spelling but didn't fully latch on to it for a while. It did up being the choice, so you could say he is partly named after Jackson Appel. Our Jackson is now a freshman at Purdue.
WC94
AG
HTownAg said:

Meximan said:

Well said. Came on here to post about his heart and giving it all on every snap but you summed it up very well.

He also won the Aggie Heart award.
Sea Speed
AG
Met jaxons parents several times when they were moving out of the area and having an estate sale. Dude grew up on a gorgeous piece of property. I think my wife may still talk to his mom. Wife bought a really nice antique buffet from them that is in our living room.
W
AG
Jaxson was a hard-nosed player for the Ags.

unfortunately, he had the misfortune of playing his 4 seasons from 2002 to 2005 -- the worst 4-year stretch for the program in the last 40 years. The overall talent level -- especially on defense -- was woeful during that time.

he was also at the beginning of a trend...where A&M would have 3 or 4-year starters on offense or defense...who did not get drafted or play in the NFL.

that's not a good sign for a program
PA24
AG
he was very good running back in high school.

BoxingAg84

Jackson Hole Ag
AG
As a fan I got to know Jackson pretty well. Parents too. I think the most proud I was of Jaxon was at the OU game where he knocked Adrian Peterson out of the game, shoulder-related, perhaps collarbone.
spherical
AG
It felt like he wore that club on his hand for 4 years
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Sea Speed said:

Met jaxons parents several times when they were moving out of the area and having an estate sale. Dude grew up on a gorgeous piece of property. I think my wife may still talk to his mom. Wife bought a really nice antique buffet from them that is in our living room.

I went to high school with his wife and worked with his dad. Parents moved out to Arizona somewhere if I recall correctly.
Sea Speed
AG
Something like that. I think maybe new Mexico on a mountain. Their property was amazing though. A pecan orchard in the middle of Friendswood with a Victorian house on it hidden back off the beaten path. Would up and move there tomorrow and I freaking love my property.
Spotted Ag
AG
W said:

Jaxson was a hard-nosed player for the Ags.

unfortunately, he had the misfortune of playing his 4 seasons from 2002 to 2005 -- the worst 4-year stretch for the program in the last 40 years. The overall talent level -- especially on defense -- was woeful during that time.

he was also at the beginning of a trend...where A&M would have 3 or 4-year starters on offense or defense...who did not get drafted or play in the NFL.

that's not a good sign for a program
Ah yes, I remember my time at A&M well. Blistering hot Saturdays spent melting away and smelling of liquor and beer and watching bad football. But on occasion, they would decide to win a game here or there. OU and Tech in Kyle come to mind.
Covidians, Communists, CNN, FOX, and all other MSM are enemies of the state and should be treated as such.
gigemags-99
AG
Named my son Jaxson.
StinkyPinky
AG
gigemags-99 said:

Named my son Jaxson.
I like Apples
Showstopper
AG
Did you guys know that there is a residence hall at A&M named Appelt Hall? OP and I like to uncover these little nuggets of trivia that most people miss.
gigemags-99
AG
StinkyPinky said:

gigemags-99 said:

Named my son Jaxson.
I like Apples

That's his middle name
Not Coach Jimbo
Meximan said:

This one sticks with me... anyone that's ever really injured a rib should know why.

Ribs are one of the most painful injuries I've ever had... and you can't do *anything* without it reminding you of that pain level. Walk, lift your arms, hell breathing the wrong way would set it off.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.