Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Black Uniforms

13,210 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Who?mikejones!
aeon-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasAggie_97 said:

VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

The Marksman said:

I liked these
Best uniform ever worn. Second best was the all maroon with maroon facemask in the 2017 season (I think, had some sort of silver logo on helment)

Wouldnt mind seeing maroon pants every now and then on the road. Wish we would switch to the maroon facemask full time.

So you want to look like TCEH?
Exactly!!!! Be like all the rest, be a follower, especially tcu, smu, tcu, baylor, texas state, all the little rah, rah schools!!!
aeon-ag
BoxingAg84 said:

W said:

hate to say it...

but the black home uniform is the Kyler uniform

I think that was the only game he started and won for the Ags

(vs. South Carolina in 2015)

Have mercy, these are hideous!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
All black uniform, head to toe.
August or September game.
1pm to 3pm start time.
It will be called the Survivor Series.
aggie-1997
AG
I am just wondering what uniform options will be in NCAA '25.
Agsone
AG
Say it's the off-season without saying it's the off-season
A&M Give Us Room!
Al Bula
AG
I hope we have some variant this season.
Reno Hightower
Big fan of the White helmets. The '87 jerseys with solid white pants are a favorite too.
maroon89
AG
Traditional powers like Bama, Southern Cal, Georgia, and Michigan stick to their basic uniforms.
I like what we have for home and away. Not a big fan of all-maroon.

Frydaddy713
AG
Black or dark gray but only for a big night game. Black at an 11am game seems silly

I'm also interested and hopeful we'll see a script AGGIES uniform like basketball and baseball have started wearing recently. Maybe pair it with a Block T helmet as a retro style type uniform
VP at Pierce and Pierce
maroon89 said:

Traditional powers like Bama, Southern Cal, Georgia, and Michigan stick to their basic uniforms.
I like what we have for home and away. Not a big fan of all-maroon.

Georgia has worn black pants or a black jersey numerous times under Smart. Michigan added in white pants and blue pants under Harbaugh and they have a maize jersey they are considering wearing. I understand your stance, however we have had so many different jersey templates and even pants templates so it is reasonable to think we can explore other looks. I wish we would ditch the name on the chest but that is me.
NewEra2023
AG
White helmets with white facemasks first.

Grey pant alternates second.
BoxingAg84
What about the silver helmets and white unis?
Vanderbilt 2015

BoxingAg84
Mississippi State 2014

VP at Pierce and Pierce
I would much rather introduce silver or dark gray into our uniforms than the gray from 2008-2009 or the current shade of gray Miss State uses. There is a way to make a unique third uniform with this color, Adidas knows what they are doing.
Flashdiaz
AG
Hope we get this complete with the Academy 'A' in the A&M
RealMcCoy09
AG
That tire tread fabric looked so bad, I'm glad we got rid of those. I forgot how wild some of those Sumlin alternate jerseys got. The '98 throwbacks we wore against Kentucky (18?) were the last real "alternates" we've worn, and aside from the numbers on the jersey with the faux mesh look, I loved those and wish we went back to that. Those helmets were the best. And no, they are not the same as the ones we wear today, they had the oversized T on them, and we liked it that way.
maroon89
AG
Whatever we choose, we better not do anything like the swamp green that Gators wore playing us a few years ago.
cc10106

Between those fugly unis and losing to an A&M team led by freshman QB Kellen Mond, that was a bad night for the Gators.
KCup17
AG
These might go down as the worst uniforms in CFB history for me. They reminded me of Louisiana Swamp people between the green and the highlighter orange.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
No, just no. All black, grey silver, etc. uniforms are stupid. Our colors are maroon and white, that is it.

Right now our uniforms are perfect. I could see wearing maroon pants on the road as the only acceptable change. Not a huge fan of all maroon at home for maroon out, but don't necessarily hate it either.

All those uni. combos under Sumlin were awful and pointed to style over substance. And we played several games where we had no maroon at all in our uniform, which is the stupidest thing ever.

The only color options this board should be considering or complaining about is having a white aTm logo at midfield and endzone lettering being white. White is the accent color, maroon is the primary color. The aTm logo and endzone letters should be maroon with white outline, not white with maroon outline.
NewEra2023
AG
White pops more. Like what that UGA fan said.

But in all honesty, the only uniform changes we should add are white helmet alternates (with white facemasks not grey) and grey pant alternates like what UGA does.

And a helmet alternate with our nautical star T logo.
cc10106
11 AM kickoff, high temps, never-ending cowbell clanga clanga, and Sumlin's team getting whipped made for a pretty crappy game that day in Starkville.
texasaggie84
AG
Black uniforms are ugly as hell. Hope we are never that stupid again.
texasaggie84
Tree Hugger
AG
I liked the all Maroon look, but I don't think we had a great record wearing them. Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys and the "bad luck blue"
BraxtonW
AG
Frydaddy713 said:

Black or dark gray but only for a big night game. Black at an 11am game seems silly

I'm also interested and hopeful we'll see a script AGGIES uniform like basketball and baseball have started wearing recently. Maybe pair it with a Block T helmet as a retro style type uniform

This! People saying they don't want an occasional black uniform is wild. Basketball does it, black and maroon look good. Would also like seeing our all whites back
Athanasius
AG
cc10106 said:

11 AM kickoff, high temps, never-ending cowbell clanga clanga, and Sumlin's team getting whipped made for a pretty crappy game that day in Starkville.
This reads like the beginning of an epic cowboy poem.
dustytool
When I get dressed in the morning I don't even consider if everyone around me will be okay with what I'm wearing. It doesn't matter to me what uniforms these kids wear. If they like the special uniforms and recruits like the uniforms then I'm fine with it. I'll admit I'm 45 and not really up on what high school and college kids think is fashionable so I shouldn't be dressing them. You guys talk about tradition and keeping things the same. I've seen plenty of pictures of Kyle field in the 50's and yet I don't see any fans still wearing suits and ties to the games. That's something I wouldn't mind seeing come back.
angus55
Just NO!
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
greg.w.h
AG
So much desire to control things…
AGDAD14
greg.w.h said:

So much desire to control things…

So much desire to change things!

One can't become famous if things stay the same. LOL
Earley Bird
It would be funny if we came out wearing blue uniforms one game just to see the TexAgs meltdown.
Ag Tag
fightinag1123 said:

It would be funny if we came out wearing blue uniforms one game just to see the TexAgs meltdown.
Blue??? Why?
Gyles Marrett
It's all about recruiting. As much as I'm not a fan and agree we should stick to maroon and white, my opinion nor the fans opinion really matters. I don't think olds will ever understand if there's 1 great recruit that loves it when we wore black (as dumb as that sounds it happens) then it was worth wearing them for a game.
HTownAg
AG
The Marksman said:

I liked these
Best. Helmets. Ever.
Gyles Marrett
HTownAg said:

The Marksman said:

I liked these
Best. Helmets. Ever.
Agree, I was always hoping to see a maroon version after that with the state outline like this one.

JFF running circles around MSU in Starkville also helped my liking of that uniform situation.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.