Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

This week in Tuscaloosa

7,455 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by one safe place
fc2112
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Schrute Farms
Lane's Tuscaloosa troll job has been one of my favorites:

He always posts a travel photo when he's recruiting.
Sbisa Chef
Recrooting? I think he's interviewing.
Thanks and Gig'em!
MSCAg
AG
Next year is gonna hit Bama hard.
Bill Superman
AG
I'm all for trolling bama as they finally get a taste of reality, just not when Kiffin does it.
NyAggie
AG
bama has a tough schedule next year:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

thye could easily be a 4 or 5 loss team

HoboJones
AG
NyAggie said:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

None of those away games should be losses and I don't think Mizzou will be what they were this year.
NyAggie
AG
HoboJones said:

NyAggie said:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

None of those away games should be losses and I don't think Mizzou will be what they were this year.
you're thinking in terms of them still having sban and a full roster recruited by saban.

with a new staff and all of their portal defenctions, they could easily lose any of those road games

usmcbrooks
NyAggie said:

HoboJones said:

NyAggie said:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

you're thinking in terms of them still having sban and a full roster recruited by saban.

with a new staff and all of their portal defenctions, they could easily lose any of those road games

Over under on 5-7
QB1
AG
Joey carrying on for Mike Leach and adding more entertainment to college football!

I love this!!!
HoboJones
AG
They hired a coach who was just in the national championship, their turnover isn't going to be detrimental, and all of those teams were basically above average. Except Wisconsin who wasn't good.

They won't be the Saban Alabama but they are still going to be a top 10 program.
rootube
AG
HoboJones said:

They hired a coach who was just in the national championship, their turnover isn't going to be detrimental, and all of those teams were basically above average. Except Wisconsin who wasn't good.

They won't be the Saban Alabama but they are still going to be a top 10 program.

Look at the close games they played this year. A minor swing could hit their overall record pretty hard.
NoahAg
NyAggie said:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

Same people who think this also think we win 10 games next season w/ a new HC, new staff, and 20+ incoming transfers...
HoboJones
AG
rootube said:

HoboJones said:

Look at the close games they played this year. A minor swing could hit their overall record pretty hard.

It's likely they will lose 2 or 3 games but if you want to believe that they will lose 5 so be it. Y'all forget Saban has an office in the facility and is basically going to be mentoring DaBoer.
zb008
HoboJones said:

They could have easily been a five loss team last year, and their schedule is harder this upcoming year. Let's not forget that they struggled mightily with terrible Auburn and Arkansas teams this past year. They are getting hit pretty hard on their defense right now, and their defense was the reason why they were in the playoffs this past year. People thinking that Bama is immune to a bad year are similar to those who used to think that Blockbuster and Sears couldn't fail. Their schedule next year along with the attrition they're experiencing makes a down year very possible for them.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Alabama will still be good, but there is no way they don't go down a little bit from the Saban dynasty. You don't lose a coach of that caliber and just keep rolling along without hiccups. Spoiled Bama fans are going to lose their minds over the next few years when they realize this.
HoboJones
AG
They won three games in the regular season by one score or less, how does that equate to easily being a five loss team?

If they lose to Auburn, lose the SEC championship game, and lose their bowl game they're still only at 4 losses.
NyAggie
AG
zb008 said:

HoboJones said:

They could have easily been a five loss team last year, and their schedule is harder this upcoming year. Let's not forget that they struggled mightily with terrible Auburn and Arkansas teams this past year. They are getting hit pretty hard on their defense right now, and their defense was the reason why they were in the playoffs this past year. People thinking that Bama is immune to a bad year are similar to those who used to think that Blockbuster and Sears couldn't fail. Their schedule next year along with the attrition they're experiencing makes a down year very possible for them.
not to mention the biggest attrition of all: saban

do I think they wikl ose 5 games? no

but they certainly COULD. it's not out of the realm of possibility, like it was when saban was coaching there.

if I had to guess, i'd think more like 10-2, 9-3 at worst, but they were dangerously close to being a multi loss team this past season.

that schedule for 24 is not forgiving. hardest schedule (on paper) I've seen bama have seince we've been in the SEC.

rootube
AG
HoboJones said:

rootube said:

HoboJones said:

It's likely they will lose 2 or 3 games but if you want to believe that they will lose 5 so be it. Y'all forget Saban has an office in the facility and is basically going to be mentoring DaBoer.

I'm not saying anything other than their level of play could take a minor hit and it could have a significant impact on their overall record. When was the last time Bama lost three games in a single season.

I just looked. Saban had two seasons with 3+ losses. His first season in 2007 7-6 with a bowl win and a three loss season in 2010 that also ended with a bowl win.
Emilio Fantastico
AG
Bama has had a bunch of close wins the last TWO seasons including a couple to our horribly coached team so a slight drop off could result in several losses.

Unless DeBoer can load up on experience in the portal, they will also likely be very young with all the portal defections they have had. And we all know what having a very young team can do for your record.

Not saying it will happen, but it most definitely could happen.
TexAggie1999
NyAggie said:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

Georgia is the only team on that schedule that I would almost certainly pencil in as a loss. Missouri if they maintain what they did last year. I think they will still be clearly better than Tennessee and Auburn. I would expect 2 or 3 losses on that schedule.
StinkyPinky
AG
NyAggie said:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

I bet they lose every single game.

I also bet every year (in vegas) that we win the natty.

So never mind.
Hamburger Dan
10-2 at the worst. Say what you want - Bama gonna Bama. Football is all they got.
PS - Except for that white barbecue sauce, chicken thing.
stexagg
HoboJones said:

Georgia should beat Bama in their regular season game this fall. Georgia also has to play in Austin. It will be interesting.
AustinAg2K
HoboJones said:

A couple of years of that will be enough to get the new coach fired there.
deer corn
**** Lane Kiffen. Dude has zero tact or self-awareness. Maybe that's what recruits want, but I'd love to see the ceiling collapse in on him.
74AnimalA
AG
deer corn said:

**** Lane Kiffen. Dude has zero tact or self-awareness. Maybe that's what recruits want, but I'd love to see the ceiling collapse in on him.

Kiffin is his ien worst enemy. Advanced Social Media user. Maybe Abuser. Sometimes he doesn't know when to stay quiet.

Think that is why he won't win a championship for quite a while.

Look at old Darrell Waltrip. He was despised as a young cocky driver. But when he learned a little humility, became a fan favorite.

Kiffin will be a 9 -10 win coach for a while.
one safe place
NoahAg said:

NyAggie said:

games

at wisconsin
at lsu
at tennessee
at oklahoma

home for

georgia,
missouri
auburn

Same people who think this also think we win 10 games next season w/ a new HC, new staff, and 20+ incoming transfers...
Funny how that works. But then all our hires were home runs, who were just who we needed, finally have people who are going to (insert whatever you think we need), the players who left were sorry anyway, and the ones we picked up are world beaters. Bama won't Bama we normally see, but I think some are writing them off a bit early.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.