Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bjork to Ohio state [??]

23,747 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by infinity ag
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maroon Flash
AG
Christmas in January!
NyAggie
AG
wow.

looks like our brass probably told him to go looking or he realized his days were numbered here so he went on the hunt.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
Expected. He was gone after the mismanagement of Jimbo and the subsequent "coaching search".

Ags can do much better.
themadmatter
rsf0626
That certainly came out of nowhere
rsf0626
45-70Ag
AG
The guy is landing at the largest athletic dept in the country. Amazing how some people always land on their feet.
MaxPower
Dan Campbell for AD?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Well…bye.
Sponge
AG
OSU fans about to revolt and the deal falls through at the last minute?
bizag07
Wanna talk about failing upward?

This is the Peter Principle in rare form.

Ross failed upward here, then failed upward again.

Texags staff VERY WEIRDLY were INSISTENT upon trying to hide this ridiculousness.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
This is a wonderful development!!! Please. Take him.
Old School Wrecking Crew
AG
He will cost you $100 million before end of next year with no tangible results
TAMUallen
AG
Please don't be trolling us!
rondis23
AG
He seems like the Kliff Kingsbury of AD's. No championships, or real production to speak of, but just keeps landing bigger and bigger jobs.
HTownAg
AG
45-70Ag said:

Well bye then
Bill Superman
AG
I hope our powers that be are ahead of this and already on the search for our next AD, but who am I kidding…
aggiepaintrain
AG
Peter Principal
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Bill Superman said:

I hope our powers that be are ahead of this and already on the search for our next AD, but who am I kidding…

You have nothing to fear!

A certain "Mr. Sharp" is on top of things, and if there's one thing he knows, it's how to hire!
Russ Dalrymple
AG
offenseguru
AG
The outcomes and turbulent process of our coaching situation had more to do with conflicting views of our big donors and top brass than Bjork. At Ohio State the generals, top donors, big alums know what no brainer look like. Things like should we pay to get 5 stars or be happy with lunch pail 3 Stars are laughable to them. And they know with their track record good ADs and top coaches put them in the hunt naturally. They have amazing football history and I would imagine Bjork can sell and manage that program and dept very well.
bizag07
Quote:

TexAgs staff knew a week ago and tried to cover it up (like it wouldn't have been celebrated, but they loved getting scoops from Ross)

We are going to pay Kirby Hocutt or Jeremiah Donati way too much money to fail upwards and be a patsy biy.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
Fanatic15...Drs2B! said:

Expected. He was gone after the mismanagement of Jimbo and the subsequent "coaching search".

Ags can do mush better.
Truth be known, we pretty much excel at mush.
Kraft Punk
They need an empty suit to run off day & then offer the job to mark stoops
njohn87
AG
[Maybe it was a thread derail like your post was. -Staff]
dln1957
AG
The Zoo continues to amaze me. Why would one of the most successful Athletic Departments in the country want our Bjork if he is so bad. Specifics please. The Jimbo contract was driven by the BMAs - not the A.D.
bert harbinson
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

Bill Superman said:

You have nothing to fear!

A certain "Mr. Sharp" is on top of things, and if there's one thing he knows, it's how to hire!
So he'll be given a Director's Cup with a fill in the blank date on it?
njohn87
AG
I don't really blame Bjork for Jimbo's extension given the circumstances at the time, but the fact that he seemingly had to back down on the Stoops hire was a display of weakness that's pretty hard to come back from (putting aside the question of whether it was an advisable hire).
IslanderAg04
Thats good news
JWinTX
dln1957 said:

The Zoo continues to amaze me. Why would one of the most successful Athletic Departments in the country want our Bjork if he is so bad. Specifics please. The Jimbo contract was driven by the BMAs - not the A.D.

Basically, people think an AD at a Power School in the Sec or B1G are running the football program. They don't want to think that giant boosters control everything with the program.
monarch
S
OK, so who is the replacement rumor mill chasing now? Bjork knows me by face, as the seats he uses for men's basketball are on the other side of the aisle from mine at Reed. Shake hands, says hi, all that type of stuff. Then again, a guy I know who graduated from MState and would be considered a BMBulldog warned me when Bjork arrived here that we weren't going to like him, that Ole Miss people were glad he was leaving; he was not well liked in Oxford at all.
Peace for Ukraine!
ElephantRider
AG
45-70Ag said:

The guy is landing at the largest athletic dept in the country. Amazing how some people always land on their feet.
Some people have a knack for failing upwards. Guy was the AD for Ole Miss during the Hugh Freeze saga, after all.
jrgypsum
Heard he bringing Jimbo with him. Day's days are numbered.
Just Tired
if he manages to get a pay bump from this rumor it will be the ultimate proof that this program is doomed by ignorant decisionmakers.
BayAg_14
I will personally help pack his bags.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.